Paul Green

CumbrianRam

Two weeks after taking over the club? That would have been an achievement

The post says they put in money year on year to cover the costs so I said is there proof in that as I dont know. So how much debt were we in and how much debt did they pay off after two weeks as you seem to know.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the wage structure hasn't stopped an offer being made, one was made or at least protracted whilst he was injured and he didn't take it. The wage structure dictates the amount we can offer him, its this that is preventing him from signing.

Sorry shilts but I'm not buying into that, I have not seen one quote that says we have offered him a contract, the only thing I have seen is NC stating that he would hope that he could keep him but the BUDGET may not allow it.

This to me means that we have a pot of money available, and there is not a lot left and NC has to decide the best way of spending this, at the moment it appears that green as he is out of contract and this area is covered will and has not been offered another contract.

What also about Roberts, has he turned a contract down? Do you not think glick would have made sure we all know that green wage demands were out of our structure?

Oh and why are we asking for renewals in feb? Cash flow maybe?

How on earth can you say GCE are parasites. GSE represent the ownership group who are and have been giving money to the club to meet the shortfall every season since they have been around. The investors have received nothing and Tom Glick as CEO gets about the going rate. Please explain?

I thought GSE got paid a fee for managing the club, is this not true then?

The post says they put in money year on year to cover the costs so I said is there proof in that as I dont know. So how much debt were we in and how much debt did they pay off after two weeks as you seem to know.

I believe it was 16 million to begin with, It may have been 14- either way, a lot of money that was INVESTED from our owners pockets

Sorry shilts but I'm not buying into that, I have not seen one quote that says we have offered him a contract, the only thing I have seen is NC stating that he would hope that he could keep him but the BUDGET may not allow it.

This to me means that we have a pot of money available, and there is not a lot left and NC has to decide the best way of spending this, at the moment it appears that green as he is out of contract and this area is covered will and has not been offered another contract.

What also about Roberts, has he turned a contract down? Do you not think glick would have made sure we all know that green wage demands were out of our structure?

Oh and why are we asking for renewals in feb? Cash flow maybe?

I have read at least twice that we wanted to talk about a new deal when he was out injured and he and his "people" didn't want to talk. The ball was then left in his court and they haven't been back to discuss.

I read numerous times (and heard) that he is happy to sit down, yet I hear nothing coming from Derby to say there is an offer on the table?

[url=http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Sport/Derby-County-FC/Green-playing-waiting-game-as-Rams-stall-on-a-new-deal-15022012.htm]http://www.burtonmai...al-15022012.htm

It's always the player lying though hey?

I didn't say anyone was lying. The official line is that the club wanted to sit down and discuss a deal when he was injured- Green and his advisors said they didn't want to. He has now come back in and the transfer window is shut. Just because there isn't a deal "on the table" doesn't mean that we don't want to offer one, as Nige said- the ball is in Greens court as the club wanted to discuss trms and he knocked them back. Hopefully he has realised that he isn't as good as he thinks he is and no-one is that fussed in signing him and will swallow his pride and ask for a meeting.

Can't get your link to work mate.

I don't think GSE or the investors have "given" DCFC any money. They have put money in but they will expect it all back plus a return. In the meantime they take wages, expenses, marketing fees, etc.

All moneys put in are non-repayable. ie not debt but they will be expecting a return through profits and eventual sale of the club- we don't actually owe them anything and if they can't make us profitable they will leave with nothing.

All moneys put in are non-repayable. ie not debt but they will be expecting a return through profits and eventual sale of the club- we don't actually owe them anything and if they can't make us profitable they will leave with nothing.

Think they would get at least their original investment back and probably more on top now the debt has come down and our trading results are much better.

Have you not seen all of those chairman queueing up to pump money into the club and run it for free.

I rank GSE up there with that parasite Bill Gates at Microsoft.

I'd do it for 379k, is this outside our wage strutcure?

Oh and the other couple of hundred k that GSE take, for fees, and then there is c150k interest accrucced from loans from GSE that is still outstanding.

Someone said GSE don't get anything, I quoted that they did, now you say no one will do it for free, why when someone gives an answer to the question you might not like it but this doesn't meant its not true.

I'd do it for 379k, is this outside our wage strutcure?

Oh and the other couple of hundred k that GSE take, for fees, and then there is c150k interest accrucced from loans from GSE that is still outstanding.

Someone said GSE don't get anything, I quoted that they did, now you say no one will do it for free, why when someone gives an answer to the question you might not like it but this doesn't meant its not true.

No, somebody said the investors have not taken anything. Tom Glick is paid as an employee of DCFC so why does that come into the equation? Is he paid substantially more than other CEOs in this division? Interest is paid on a loan from the investors...is this not normal? When stating that the investors are taking money from the club most people would assume this to be in dividends which to date has not been happening.

If I was running a business with a £10m turnover I might expect a salary in the mid 6 figures too. Not sure how that compares with companies in the private sector with similar turnover but I imagine it's not vast amounts out. Besides with some players on an alleged £7-8k a week, it only equates to the same as a (admittedly high-wage for Derby) first team player.

Archived