Clingan

Garvan

Kevin McDonald

Lee Williamson

Matthew James

Connor Henderson

Akos Buzsaky

Helge Riise

All midfielders out of contract we could bring in to replace him IMO, fair play to him it's his last contract and all that he wants a pay rise but for me, is not worth it, if anything deserves less as he seems to have got worse year on year, so why should he earn more?

No we don't. No we don't

Thread closed.

Yes we do.

We're losing a player with international experience that can play in multiple positions for free, now we have to replace him in the summer.

Yes there are better midfielders out there, but they don't come cheap and we're a club on a small budget.

Do I blame the club? maybe a tad for leaving it so late but we don't know what the club offered and what Green want's, it may not of made a difference had the club tried to tie him down last summer.

WIll Hughes is apparently going to play the last 2 games and that is it for Green, he is gone... Will be good to see hughes 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> hopefully he can make a mark and can challenge for a place in the team for next season, heard lots of great things about him.

Yes we do.

We're losing a player with international experience that can play in multiple positions for free, now we have to replace him in the summer.

Yes there are better midfielders out there, but they don't come cheap and we're a club on a small budget.

Do I blame the club? maybe a tad for leaving it so late but we don't know what the club offered and what Green want's, it may not of made a difference had the club tried to tie him down last summer.

totally agree, people really don't see what he offers.

Paul Green has done to us what Commons did....claimed he wanted to stay and then has buggered off for more money. Let him go, he doesn't deserve higher wages than other members of the squad. Over paying a player can result in unrest in the rest of the squad who are on lower wages. We have a wage structure set in place and this I believe has probably helped team spirit. Just my opinion but I do think Green can be replaced.

Paul Green has done to us what Commons did....claimed he wanted to stay and then has buggered off for more money. Let him go, he doesn't deserve higher wages than other members of the squad. Over paying a player can result in unrest in the rest of the squad who are on lower wages. We have a wage structure set in place and this I believe has probably helped team spirit. Just my opinion but I do think Green can be replaced.
you can't say that, we don't know what he has been offered.

1) We don't know what Green's wage demands were

2) We don't know what the club offered

Without these two figures it's harsh to accuse Green of being greedy or on the flip side the club being tight.

Also we don't know that he has buggered off for more money as he's still at Derby, where ever he ends up he could be on exactly the same wages as he is currently on now or even less.

Archived