Paul Green

CumbrianRam

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No club should be held to ransom, if we have a wage structure then it shouldn't be broken for one player otherwise what happens every time a players contract comes up for renewal. The players have taken all the money out of the sport over the last two decades, it's them, or rather their agents, you should be blaming and not club owners. Just look at the silly days of Rav and Kinky, we were paying out well over £50k per week and then look what happened.

The FFP are the best way to make a step change in the attitude of players and their agents in respect of ludicrous and unsustainable wage demands. If we haven't learn't this yet, especially with Rangers, Portsmouth, Palace, Leeds etc then we are foolish. I suspect that we will see several other clubs get in to financial difficulty as they are asked to get their house in order, TV revenue drops and attendances continue to fall as the economic situation bites hard, season ticket sales are sure to fall again as will attendances next season across the Football League.

Big wages, big bonus payments and agents holding clubs to ransom will be a thing of the past. All I can say is Give Fair Play a Chance!

I hope you're right Donny Ram. I view agents, and some players, right down there with GSE as parasites using our club for what they can get out of it.

How on earth can you say GCE are parasites. GSE represent the ownership group who are and have been giving money to the club to meet the shortfall every season since they have been around. The investors have received nothing and Tom Glick as CEO gets about the going rate. Please explain?

How on earth can you say GCE are parasites. GSE represent the ownership group who are and have been giving money to the club to meet the shortfall every season since they have been around. The investors have received nothing and Tom Glick as CEO gets about the going rate. Please explain?

Do the accounts back that claim up that they put money on every year to meet the shortfall? Or are you just quoting our Tom? I don't know I'm asking the question.

Oh well we'll see how things unfold next month with the publication of the new accounts, then all will be revealed.

Investors due, by definition, invest in the club and expect a return at some point, even if that is when the asset is realised through future sale. As I said though, we'll have to wait and see what unfolds as it appears GSE are here for the medium to long term.

Let's face it, we could have had £40m of debt but have seen exciting football and be facing administration, who knows what a different path and a troubled future we may have faced under other owners.

Archived