Paul Green

CumbrianRam

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They could, but if they weren't prepared to pay £200k as a perm signing (Commons went for £250k) then how much would they pay a a loan fee?

The issue would appear to be the wages "his people" are wanting. The new football economy takes hold, no silly wages for average players anymore.

Very simple with Green...

Here is an offer - take it or leave it.

Takes it - good, if nothing else he is a good versatile player to have around the club if he leaves it, he will leave with his head held high and hopefully get more money elsewhere.

I would be disappointed if we didn't even offer anything, but sounds like we have and I would be even more disappointed if we pinned a large amount of our wage budget on him.

[size=5]I think this situation is cristal clear at the moment. The club have a budget that they are going to stick too rigidly and rightly so. NC has said that he wants to keep Green if possible and Green has intimated that he would like to stay (albeit without any significant or clear conviction). His representative has declined to engage with the club and the club has said fair enough. The ball is firmly in Greens court to indicate that he wants to stay and is prepared to talk. If not let him go and move on. We are in decent shape and the new fair play rules will work in our favour - we shouldnt be dictated to by anyone. I would love to see him stay but we will adapt and survive if he doesnt. I think that this summer you will see many players realising that the amount of money floating about is drastically reduced and squad sizes will be cut. Greater emphasis will be on young home grown talent and It can only be good for the game all round. You cant blame Green for trying though because his next contract will be his last major pay day. If he gets a 3 year deal he will be in to his swan song by the time his next one comes up.[/size]

He takes what he is offered or he can f**k off!!!

Just like it should be,

We are derby county, he should feel privaledged to pull on that mighty ram and run out onto the turf of pride park or anywhere else my beloved derby county are playing, he should be grateful that us, derby county, the rams, have given him the chance to play for our great team!

And in the words of mike Bassett

We will be playing four four f***ing two

[size=5]I think this situation is cristal clear at the moment. The club have a budget that they are going to stick too rigidly and rightly so. NC has said that he wants to keep Green if possible and Green has intimated that he would like to stay (albeit without any significant or clear conviction). His representative has declined to engage with the club and the club has said fair enough. The ball is firmly in Greens court to indicate that he wants to stay and is prepared to talk. If not let him go and move on. We are in decent shape and the new fair play rules will work in our favour - we shouldnt be dictated to by anyone. I would love to see him stay but we will adapt and survive if he doesnt. I think that this summer you will see many players realising that the amount of money floating about is drastically reduced and squad sizes will be cut. Greater emphasis will be on young home grown talent and It can only be good for the game all round. You cant blame Green for trying though because his next contract will be his last major pay day. If he gets a 3 year deal he will be in to his swan song by the time his next one comes up.[/size]

This whole point depends upon the FFP rules being agreed. There is a good chance they may not be.

Always surprises me when people talk about FFP as if it is already in effect. It could fall flat on it's face with the likes of West Ham ready to put in a legal challenge should it be agreed.

FFP will be coming in some way shape or form. All the clubs are acting on it. Its in Lge 1 and 2 and will be implemenmted in the Prem.

It has been agreed in principle and it is onlythe nicetities of the santions and the "slippage" as Gkick calls it (leeway over the first few years of its implementation) to be agreed. There is a meeting about it next week at Pride Park.

FFP will be coming in some way shape or form. All the clubs are acting on it. Its in Lge 1 and 2 and will be implemenmted in the Prem. It has been agreed in principle and it is onlythe nicetities of the santions and the "slippage" as Gkick calls it (leeway over the first few years of its implementation) to be agreed. There is a meeting about it next week at Pride Park.

Your right it there will be some form of FFP. What I should have said is, It could fall flat on it's face in its current form.

I believe (like Burnley's chairman) FFP in it's present form does not go far enough and will contain loopholes that some clubs will exploit. The final stage of the present FFP plan where clubs have to reduce their deficit to £5 million which is still a significant sum, will not come into effect until 2017 which is quite a way off.

Although 2017 is a fair way away, it will have an affect on wages and transfers before then as they clubs will not be able to spend the money they are now and reduce their deficit to that figure. Look how long it has taken us to cut our wage bill down.

Exactly the point Glick made in the interview in the DET this week.

The final figure may be £5m (dont think it has actually been publicly announced what the allowable loss will be but break even is mentioned in a lot of articles) but each year up to then the allowable margin for loss will be on a reducing scale. So each year clubs will have to reduce their wage bill.

Although 2017 is a fair way away, it will have an affect on wages and transfers before then as they clubs will not be able to spend the money they are now and reduce their deficit to that figure. Look how long it has taken us to cut our wage bill down.

About 3 years, given that the standard contract length is now between 2/3 years, then we could probably get rid of every member of our squad and replace them with a complete new squad by 2017.

Archived