Hello board ?

nfb

Saw this from Adkins, and thought that this statement speaks volumes...

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11095_7244107,00.html]http://www.skysports...7244107,00.html (also says they won ? )

But i do hope the board see the improved gate, and it cant be a coincidence that its in a time we're playing better, so please............ add 3 more players for NC in jan, if not now up front (cos of S Davies).

as a famous American once said, ' If you build it,they will come..'

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11095_7244107,00.html]http://www.skysports...7244107,00.html (also says they won ? )

But i do hope the board see the improved gate, and it cant be a coincidence that its in a time we're playing better, so please............ add 3 more players for NC in jan, if not now up front (cos of S Davies).

Which famous American said that ?

I thought it was "if you build it, he will come" and Costner was the guy who heard the voice. Although my memory might trick me. Happens to me more and more these days. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I thought it was they will come, but I was wrong, talking about the ghosts of baseball players and fans coming to a baseball field built on his farm. He was the guy who heard the voice but wasn't he the director and involved in the writing - could be wrong though.

I thought it was they will come, but I was wrong, talking about the ghosts of baseball players and fans coming to a baseball field built on his farm. He was the guy who heard the voice but wasn't he the director and involved in the writing - could be wrong though.

Well, my memory ain't what it used to be. Should watch the movie again actually, it was quite good.

I know it was quoted on usenet when people suggested that new newsgroups should be set up without any good reason. The "field of dreams" reason for new usenet groups was when people suggested "if you build it, they will come". Never seen the film though so what would I know?

Easy for Adkins to say with a board who will chuck money at him. But life's not always going to be like that in this league...

As for the gate, the extra fans that came might as well have stayed at home today. They added little to the atmosphere, it was much better against Barnsley.

The atmosphere was better against barnsley - agreed.

But wasnt our play and attacking intent and overall pace of the game the reason the crowd got behind them.

Some times fans lift players, sometimes the play lifts the fans.

Its more of the latter in this day n age.

Easy for Adkins to say with a board who will chuck money at him. But life's not always going to be like that in this league...

As for the gate, the extra fans that came might as well have stayed at home today. They added little to the atmosphere, it was much better against Barnsley.

Good post it was an embarrassment frankly to see so many people leaving early from such a good match with the result in doubt right to the end. I suppose when you have paid little or nothing for your ticket it is less important than getting back to watch that contrived dancing crap or Coward's X Factor.

Expect more of the same at the Portsmouth game a new raft of freebies I am informed are available to SOME for the Portsmouth game. IT IS A TOTAL DISGRACE and pressure needs putting on Glick to get it stopped.

Good post it was an embarrassment frankly to see so many people leaving early from such a good match with the result in doubt right to the end. I suppose when you have paid little or nothing for your ticket it is less important than getting back to watch that contrived dancing crap or Coward's X Factor.

Expect more of the same at the Portsmouth game a new raft of freebies I am informed are available to SOME for the Portsmouth game. IT IS A TOTAL DISGRACE and pressure needs putting on Glick to get it stopped.

I would hate people to come and enjoy thier experience and then buy into the derby brand.

that would be bad.

Sort it. glick. TOOL!

It was a big game for Soton. Probably the biggest since we knocked em out of the play off semis in 2007.

Adkins will be more than chuffed by nicking a point, keeping them top and it will be the biggest attendance they will play in front of this season and they handled it well, so fair play to em.

Derby's young players have got to be able to maintain their form with the huge expectations of a big club. So'tons can play without fear knowing they are punching above their weight.

I still think we can, and will, improve as the season develops

I would hate people to come and enjoy thier experience and then buy into the derby brand.

that would be bad.

Sort it. glick. TOOL!

You sound like Glick, if you believe the somebody has been given a freebie or a ticket for £10 is going to come back and pay £28 to £37 for the next match you are deluded and so is Glick. It hasn't worked for the last 2 years and it won't work now.

If you want to get more people in you need to find a fair price that adults are willing to pay and offer it to EVERYBODY and you have the chance of getting revenue and numbers in. The low Season Ticket prices offer scope to do this. The failiure of this policy is that Forest and Leicester get more gate income than we do.

Ian you make a few good points to be fair, but I don't see why us making less money than Forest and Leicester is of any relevance. TV money and outside investment surely far outweighs anything we can cook up from gate receipts?

I agree that the freebies and offers are wholly misguided. These fans who pitch up only when there are offers, can as far as i'm concerned f**k off. No matter how much people want to believe it, these people aren't all of a sudden going to have their heads turned to the wonders of our fine club by being given a ticket for free. It's either in their blood or it's not. It's been shown this season already that when we charge full price (which is way too much as it is by the way), these people don't want to know.

It's no coincidence that the atmosphere against Barnsley with 23k inside who are total die-hards was a million times better than it was yesterday with a bunch of 8,000 tourists and freeloaders inside. These people are just casual fans and hangers on and I don't want them here.

Of course there'll be some who went to the Southampton game yesterday who are die-hards who sadly can no longer afford to go to every game and simply took the opportunity to watch their team, but most of the extra fans will probably go home and never return.

Basically that post is a really badly worded way of saying, extra fans cannot be bought or made by dishing out cheap tickets.

Archived