Hello board ?

nfb

Earlier in the thread someone said that it is odd to go watch other clubs than your own and it should not be done. I find that strange. I like to go watch games in several sports and many teams. I like the games, atmosphere and conversations I get into with other teams fans. It doesn't make me any less a Derby fan in my mind.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"a gym doesn't require loyalty as such" - unlike a football team. Gist of what you said.

Nobody is suggesting that 100% of people who take up an offer will return as ST holders. But some will. Even if a small number do, it's excellent marketing from GSE.

When I'm walking round Morrison's, I'll eat some of the fancy bun that they cut up and leave on the counter. I personally won't go buy a fancy bun. But obviously some people will try it, enjoy it, and go buy one. Excellent marketing from Morrisons. Per your argument, why would anyone try a bit for free then go and buy one? Why would someone go to a gym for 6 weeks for cheap, then join at full price? Well, they do. All the time.

YR, argument lost.

not at all, football requires far more brand loyalty than any of these products require, so while it may work for something like a gym or a bun from morrisons will it work in football? i personally am not so sure, as many of these people as joe has stated i believe are clique fans and will only go when either a) the team is doing well or 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> tickets are cheap or a combination of these things. That is my view end of, like i said if they really wanted to spread it to people who couldn't afford it, give out tickets in the most deprived areas of the city for free, I would rather that than what we currently do.

Earlier in the thread someone said that it is odd to go watch other clubs than your own and it should not be done. I find that strange. I like to go watch games in several sports and many teams. I like the games, atmosphere and conversations I get into with other teams fans. It doesn't make me any less a Derby fan in my mind.

Agreed. Maybe I should only go to races when Lewis Hamilton is competing 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

I wasn't aware the 09-10 accounts were out, latest I have is 08-09.

Does anyone have them that could send them to me/offer for download?

Ta.

Level Business.com free download you may need to get company no off companies house website to get the download, can't remember but they are worth looking at.

Just read the Forest ones 11m loss last year and nearly 60m in debt. Credit rating is minimal, it was down to £3500 at one point earlier in the year with a warning to trade at your own risk, it now stands at £6000.

I really don't think that people realise just how gloomy the outlook is for our friends down the road.

not at all, football requires far more brand loyalty than any of these products require, so while it may work for something like a gym or a bun from morrisons will it work in football? i personally am not so sure, as many of these people as joe has stated i believe are clique fans and will only go when either a) the team is doing well or 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> tickets are cheap or a combination of these things. That is my view end of, like i said if they really wanted to spread it to people who couldn't afford it, give out tickets in the most deprived areas of the city for free, I would rather that than what we currently do.

You're not so sure, although some people are telling you they know of people who have taken the offer and gone on to take out season tickets. It definitely 100% happens.

I know you're a cynic but I guarantee that of the thousands of discounted tickets that were dished out, not every single fan already held "brand loyalty". Some will have been lost fans who haven't been to the games for a while (and might be tempted back, particularly if we'd had a win) - some will have been first time football attendees, who hadn't been to a game before. Some would have been friends of people who already go, taking advantage of an opportunity to make the day a social event. Some would of course just go along for the cheap day out and have no intention of making it a regular thing.

If the offer didn't cost the club anything (or perhaps turned a modest profit), the atmosphere was no more carp than normal, and we bring a small number of people into supporting the team, how can it be a bad thing? I can't see a single negative.

The club sold 3000 tickets for £30000. Those 3000 people probably spent up to half as much again on merchandise etc.

If 25% come again and 5% buy season tickets in the future then happy days.

That is not going to happen though. They have been offering freebies and discounts for the last two years and evidence has shown they don't work. If the match to match tickets were priced reasonably your logic might work. Somehow I doubt the club shop took an extra 15k. If out of the 6000 freebies and discounts the club sold 10 season tickets I would be amazed. The 25% might come again next time a freebie is available.

Evidence shows no such thing. You don't know how season tickets might have fallen if we'd not offered this.

Not saying it did or didn't. I'm saying your "evidence" is nothing of the sort.

Is there an echo in here?

Evidence shows no such thing. You don't know how season tickets might have fallen if we'd not offered this.

Not saying it did or didn't. I'm saying your "evidence" is nothing of the sort.

Is there an echo in here?

The evidence is clear gates are down for the last 2 years and at last count average per head was £11 for the season. Hardly points to many people buying expensive ST's (newly bought ones are considerably more expensive than renewals) and paying the £28 to £37 matchday admission.

I can assure you gate income was down last season to the season before. You won't see this till the next accounts and you will question my knowledge but this is 100% the case.

The evidence is clear gates are down for the last 2 years and at last count average per head was £11 for the season. Hardly points to many people buying expensive ST's (newly bought ones are considerably more expensive than renewals) and paying the £28 to £37 matchday admission.

I can assure you gate income was down last season to the season before. You won't see this till the next accounts and you will question my knowledge but this is 100% the case.

You obviously have inside information (or you're just wumming). So, to give you the benefit of the doubt, can you tell us the source of your info?

The gates have dropped to roughly what we had before the prem season - so yes, we get that revenue is down.

Its what happens in football.

Archived