Hello board ?

nfb

So being a Derby fan, you're pretty much saying I shouldn't be watching Champions League games on TV?

I don't see a distinction with going to a game as a neutral, and watching a game on TV as a neutral.

As far as i'm aware you don't pay Manchester United/Chelsea/Arsenal/Man City for watching ITV. Not yet anyway.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very rare situation the attendances on non-discount days over the last 2 years prove that. Even against teams like Leeds and Newcastle we have had average at best home attendances.

How do you know it's rare? How do you know, for example, if we hadn't been giving offers for the past few seasons, we wouldn't have attracted a slightly different bunch of season ticket holders, and be only looking at an average attendance of 19,000.

You're just talking out of your ar$e again. Glick for mayor.

As far as i'm aware you don't pay Manchester United/Chelsea/Arsenal/Man City for watching ITV. Not yet anyway.

I'm pretty sure there is a minor thing called a TV deal, it's a supply & demand thing. Neutrals like me demand top level football on TV, ITV & Sky supply this, and the top teams get shiny gold coins.

Very rare situation the attendances on non-discount days over the last 2 years prove that.

No they don't. You don't know how many people chose not to renew their ST, but were replaced with new blood.

The only people that know the exact figures are employed by the club. And I for one am fairly confident they'll be looking at all aspects of the pricing with an aim to maximise their income.

GSE & the owners have their weaknesses - but I don't think the sales side of things is one.

And I know you don't agree.

Very rare situation the attendances on non-discount days over the last 2 years prove that. Even against teams like Leeds and Newcastle we have had average at best home attendances.

At least try to post facts next time mate, both the Newcastle and Leeds games were midweek and the gates were,

Leeds: 27,252

Newcastle: 28,607

Not bad espically considering how poor the seasons were

Again the attendances on non discount days show otherwise. The supermarket example is flawed, everybody has to eat, nobody has to attend Football Matches.

Whether you're selling buns or football matches, it's sales and marketing. Not everyone has to eat the posh buns that Morrison's give you a bite of when the baker drops a tray on the floor has a few spare ones.

Does anyone remember the statistic that showed the population of the Derby area to the people actually going to games?

I seem to remember it being the highest in the country?

I've seen something similar and we're up there. Burnley were top of the one I saw. I'm not sure whether it's Derby or Derbyshire that's taken into account.

I'm pretty sure there is a minor thing called a TV deal, it's a supply & demand thing. Neutrals like me demand top level football on TV, ITV & Sky supply this, and the top teams get shiny gold coins.

ITV paying UEFA money to show a game on their channel and you watching that channel at 7:45 on a Wednesday does not constitute you giving Man United/Chelsea/Arsenal/City money.

At least try to post facts next time mate, both the Newcastle and Leeds games were midweek and the gates were,

Leeds: 27,252

Newcastle: 28,607

Not bad espically considering how poor the seasons were

I said home attendances Leeds had 3,500 so that was less than av home last year 26,000.

Av att season before 29,000. So a below av gate.

Way to rant about nothing.

I meant from a personal point of view, so you totally misunderstood my post. I'm not surprised though. Fans these days who go for the atmosphere, for the craic, for the laugh are in a massive minority. Instead our grounds are populated by thousands of people who take it all too seriously, spend endless amounts of time analysing the manager, the players, the published accounts...

No you may not care about what happens off the pitch, but to me it's more important than how many kilometres Craig Bryson ran, or how many **** first touches Theo Robinson made. There's still a few who care about showing their support, but sadly it's a miniscule percentage.

Oh well, soon we'll have 30,000 every week, all sitting there in silence analysing every pass, every shot and every tackle and football can finally be truly fun.

But why would you assume that people would sit there and analyze things like that? I certainly wouldn't.. When I watch football on the TV I don't take any notice when the commentators throw out pointless facts about how Danny Alves has spent exactly 12.43 seconds of the irst half in his own half..

I simply go to watch football, talk about football, and more importantly enjoy the football however bad it might be.. I've seen some absoloute shockers over the years, even here in Mexico, a 3rd division side playing on what looks more like a desert than grass, and I still felt entertained in some way..

I think the owners would rather think that showing support is by going with your feet rather than your mouth.. And I'm with them on that..

Also for the record I've seen numerous games, in other stadiums, as a neutral.. I've been to at least 10 away stadiums with my Reading mate, paid $20-$25 for tickets, and still thoroughly enjoyed them..

I'm a 100% DCFC fan, but I'm also a massive football fan.. And I know I'm not alone in that, I don't think that makes me strange

No they don't. You don't know how many people chose not to renew their ST, but were replaced with new blood.

The only people that know the exact figures are employed by the club. And I for one am fairly confident they'll be looking at all aspects of the pricing with an aim to maximise their income.

GSE & the owners have their weaknesses - but I don't think the sales side of things is one.

And I know you don't agree.

I don't agree last accounts 09/10 season gate income 6.7 million average gate 29,000 average price of ticket before VAT £11. That is not maximising income that is failiure when you take into account the average price per customer in the first season at Pride Park 1997/98 was £14 in the days of no freebies. Mr Keith Loring was not a man for freebies and still is not at Derbyshire.

I don't agree last accounts 09/10 season gate income 6.7 million average gate 29,000 average price of ticket before VAT £11. That is not maximising income that is failiure when you take into account the average price per customer in the first season at Pride Park 1997/98 was £14 in the days of no freebies. Mr Keith Loring was not a man for freebies and still is not at Derbyshire.

Can't see that proves a thing.

Can't see that proves a thing.

It proves that each ticket in 09/10 season cost £11 and you say Glick is maximising income. Some Derby fans give Forest fans stick over their gates but they have significantly higher gate income than we do.

It proves that each ticket in 09/10 season cost £11 and you say Glick is maximising income. Some Derby fans give Forest fans stick over their gates but they have significantly higher gate income than we do.

And significantly worse support.

I know what I'd rather have.

Archived