Miles Addison

NorfolkRam

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen Miles at Bournemouth. He has found his level. Had the ball whipped off his toes on Saturday at Bury whilst dithering just outside the penalty area and the guy scored the only goal of the game. Very very slow! He will not improve our team in my mind. Jake Buxton and Tom Naylor are better footballers.

Miles needs to get 100 or so games under his belt, learn the positional skills required as a CB, and play to his strengths (ie, get rid when in doubt). He could well make a decent career like Darren Moore did. I can see him as a 28-32 year old being an inspirational leader to a young team on the up.

• 4 weeks later...

Derby County defender Miles Addison has reiterated that he would consider a permanent move to AFC Bournemouth over the summer.

The 23 year old central defender became a popular addition to the Cherries squad during the end of season run-in with a string of good performances alongside central defensive partner Steve Cook.

Addison has now returned to Championship side Derby following the end of his loan spell.

The defenders future remains unclear with Derby manager Nigel Clough revealing that Addison could be allowed to leave Derby over the summer.

When asked if he would like a move to the Cherries, Addison admitted that he would consider it, but only after reassurances that the Cherries are investing in a team that's aiming for promotion to the Championship.

Addison told the [url=http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/]Daily Echo...

"I would like to sit down and speak in the summer and see what kind of players they are looking to bring in and what kind of squad they are going to be building.

"If I feel it is a squad that is going to go for the league and definitely try to get promotion then I think it is something I would have to consider.

"I`ll be going away and I am not sure if the two clubs have spoken yet. I am sure they will have a chat this week and we will see what happens."

Read more: [url=http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=282017#ixzz1uSeocOMP]http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=282017#ixzz1uSeocOMP

Wasn't the Daily Echo banned from Bournemouth and they said that aren't going to do any reports on Bournemouth again? Was that down to Lee Bradbury or the owners?

It was down to the chairman, he's a complete moron. He strode out onto the pitch at halftime during a game ala' Deliah Smith and asked a fan who was abusing him to come out the crowd and say it to his face. Tough guy considering he was flanked by 6 stewards...

As for Miles, if we're not going to play him, sell him. I appreciate PL clubs were looking at him but that's before he bulked up and lost his mobility. He can't go charging into the oppo's midfielders and bossing them if he can't get near them. £300k and he's theirs...

Read the article at the bottom there's comments and they go on about tubbs is that the same tubbs that was at Crawley. Maybe worth cheeky swap deal

They do say that he is injured a lot, however that could have been over one season.

How much do you reckon we would stand to get for Addo from Bournemouth? It seems that we are in the habit of cancelling contracts and allowing players to walk away if they are not in our plans. I hope this doesn't happen with Miles.

Archived