Miles Addison

NorfolkRam

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like he's gone

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/7890997/Cherries-agree-Addison-deal

Miles Addison: Poised to join Bournemouth

Sky Sports understands Bournemouth have agreed a deal to sign Derby defender Miles Addison.

Addison is on the transfer list at Pride Park and Rams boss Nigel Clough is happy to let him move on.

The 23-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan at Bournemouth and he impressed during his time at Dean Court.

Cherries boss Paul Groves was keen to bring Addison back to the club on a permanent basis and it seems a deal has been struck.

Addison is expected to sign a three-year deal at Bournemouth to become their latest signing of the summer.

pity would like to have seen him stay tbh

I saw him play at Bournemouth a couple of times. I have no axe to grind with Miles but I am pleased he has gone. He has zero mobility and not sharp enough in his decision making imo. Will not improve us. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Not bothered he's gone to be fair. Nice lad and all, doesn't look like we got any fee for him.

His form since his injry has been below what he reached for us in his best, and that was still a little above average for this division on his day, off his day he was a liabilty.

If we signed him now as a new player on the form he has shown sice coming back from injury people would be berating Clough for such a poor signing. We don't need him as cover, what we need is someone to replace Shacks and have Buxton as cover not as a starter.

Wipes some more wages off the books, leaves less dead wood for the board to use as an excuse.

I saw him play at Bournemouth a couple of times. I have no axe to grind with Miles but I am pleased he has gone. He has zero mobility and not sharp enough in his decision making imo. Will not improve us. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Think I asked this before, who was that against ?

Just of interest as he must have done something right to have earned a move ?

Derby County's Miles Addison has completed a permanent move to League 1 side AFC Bournemouth.

The former England under-21 international defender, who can also play in midfield, enjoyed a successful loan spell with the Cherries towards the end of last season and has moved to the South Coast for an undisclosed fee.

Newham-born Addison, who is 23, spent the majority of last season out on loan. He moved to fellow Championship side Barnsley on a half-season loan and made 13 appearances for Keith Hill's men before returning to Pride Park.

With his first-team chances remaining limited, he joined Bournemouth in February in a loan switch until the end of the campaign and made 14 appearances for the Cherries.

A graduate of the Derby County Academy, Addison made 77 first-team appearances for the Rams - with his last coming off the bench in a 4-2 home defeat to Burnley in April 2011.

He was introduced to the first-team scene as a 17-year-old in 2006 when, as a first-year scholar, he was called into the squad face Hull City at Pride Park Stadium before signing his first professional contract weeks later.

Derby County wish Miles well in his career and thank him for his contribution during his time at the Club.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2818212,00.html

I'm sure the club could have worked with Addison to get him back into shape if they'd wanted to - seems (admittedly without knowing all the facts) like another case of Clough making a judgement on a player, deciding that he didn't want him any more and pushing him out the door - Nige doesn't seem to be one for giving players second chances......

undisclosed? any ideas how much?

125k wud be my guess 75k if promoted and apperances and 20% sell on fee, no idea though, just a guess

This will now be taken as gospell & spread around twitter quicker than herpes in a notts council estate. Any one for a protest? I want a refund for the pie I brought last season too it didn't have enough meat in it!

Wonder why no Championship club went for him.

I know ye, cant believe how many people i seen describe him as "great player" "brilliant player" youd think hed walk into our side? Cant believe we sold him to Bournemouth when we could of sold him to a prem club for atleast £5m! Thats what i would of done anyway with my vast FM experience, sometimes i think our club has no idea!

Archived