Miles Addison

NorfolkRam

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely feel that Addison has the quality to be a decent centre back for us. Definitely better than buxton, no question, cannot for the life of me understand why we would sell him when our backup (buxton, naylor) can't really hold a candle to him. I do like O'Brien (In the same mould of Lewin Nyatanga though) however, given Addison has more first team football experience under his belt (which is extremely important for a position such as centre back) feel that Addison definitely should be our 3rd choice centre back over O'Brien, Buxton and Naylor. Am perplexed that he's playing at Bournemouth but must put it down to injuries. Still a top player in my book, but he's going now.

Looks like yet another player stubborn Nigel just simply doesn't like for whatever reason and will never pull on the Derby shirt again no matter what while Clough charge. P.S. not Clough bashing so much am I huge fan of his, just feel over this matter is the wrong decision when looking at out other defence options.

I definitely feel that Addison has the quality to be a decent centre back for us. Definitely better than buxton, no question, cannot for the life of me understand why we would sell him when our backup (buxton, naylor) can't really hold a candle to him. I do like O'Brien (In the same mould of Lewin Nyatanga though) however, given Addison has more first team football experience under his belt (which is extremely important for a position such as centre back) feel that Addison definitely should be our 3rd choice centre back over O'Brien, Buxton and Naylor. Am perplexed that he's playing at Bournemouth but must put it down to injuries. Still a top player in my book, but he's going now.

Looks like yet another player stubborn Nigel just simply doesn't like for whatever reason and will never pull on the Derby shirt again no matter what while Clough charge. P.S. not Clough bashing so much am I huge fan of his, just feel over this matter is the wrong decision when looking at out other defence options.

Buxton has been a lot better than Addison for us over the past 3 years... no question!

Do you not think it is telling that he couldn't get in the team at Barnsley (who are significantly lower in the table than us) and that when he was obviously available for loan in January, not one other championship club wanted him? It's not just Nigel that doesn't rate him at the moment, no one does at championship level.

It's sad, but Miles Addison isn't the player he once was, and certainly isn't half the player he could have been.

He'll long be remembered for the reason Stuart sausagewell is public enemy #1 (and to be honest, that's all I can remember of him in action). I'm disappointed for him, and for Derby, but clearly this is Nigel making a prudent decision. The easy and stupid decision Nige could make, would be to plod on with him just because he's a Derby boy. He's making the tough call because you don't have too.

I feel that before Buxton scored against forest though, no-one really rated him. It is a very fair point that no other championship team wanted him but to say all you remember him for was the forest/attwell gate shows that you clearly were watching different games to me other that period. He was our captain for a section of the season if i remember correctly, playing in midfield or defence and everyone loved him. He got injured, we signed shackell and he went to barnsley as part of the deal. Mainly I and possibly most Derby fans felt to get match fitness. Now he's nowhere and I don't think he's been shown much love when he gave his all to play for this club at a young age, ultimately its back fired on him it seems.

Bournemouth have just sacked their Manager, showing a lot of ambition despite being lower in the table than we currently are 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Showing a lot of ambition from 13th in Division 1.. I think our supposed lack of ambition seems to trump that at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Some think he is the next midfield superstar though as he had a good game against man u once, oh he was good against sheff wed as well, they just forgot about all the other games that season we got battered in midfield. Oh wait he is a centre half as he was good against newcastle on TV.

[size=3]Seems like not knowing his position is a factor too...[/size]

[size=3]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17732249[/size]

[size=3]Addison & Croft set to leave Derby County in summer[/size]

Derby boss Nigel Clough says defender Miles Addison and midfielder Lee Croft will be allowed to leave in the summer.

The pair are on loan at Bournemouth and St Johnstone respectively.

Clough told [url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/england/derbyshire/]BBC Radio Derby: "A few people moved ahead of Lee in that outside right role and we have gone with a more solid midfield.

"We don't feel [Miles] has played well enough and also positional is a problem. Is he a midfielder? Is he a centre-half? He's caught in between."

Addison is a product of the Derby youth academy and only [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/13861047]signed a new two-year contract last summer.

Clough continued: "That's no slight on Miles's ability. I think it says a lot about Craig Bryson, Jeff Hendrick, Jake Buxton, Jason Shackell and Mark O'Brien."

Last week Addison, 23, [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17701894]said he would consider a permanent move to Bournemouth, where he has played 11 times since his arrival - and Clough says he can join the Cherries in the summer if he wants.

"I think he's done well and I think they want him permanently, and it is something we might look to do in the summer," said Clough.

Croft, who began his career as a trainee at Manchester City, joined the Rams from Norwich in July 2009 but has been limited to 18 league starts for the Rams.

"There is talk of a permanent deal for Lee up there [at St Johnstone]," Clough added.

"But I think he wants to see what his options are in the next month or two and see what's out there for him."

Wouldn't be sad to see either go, not really been a game this season where i've thought 'if only addison/croft was here'. Thought it about commons a few times mind you!

Disappointing to see addison's potential squandered, hopefully he can play a bit for Bournemouth and become a decent championship player

I think if we get money for either two would be great after seeing money being payed to get rid of dead wood.

Im thinking that addison will be used to get marc pugh and croft will be used to get funds to go towards wages For any free transfer or simon cox.

Archived