Martyn Waghorn

Chris Peduck

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
good. Now let's go get Le Fondre.

I'm I the only person that isn't sure about Le Fondre? he scores goals but seems to do very little else, he doesn't add any physical threat.. can see him just being another Luke Varney to be honest.

I wouldn't mind tempting Ched Evans away, try and get him to start his career.. has ability but hasn't really been prolific but then again, he is only 22, 23 this season. I think he could turn into a good player.

I'm I the only person that isn't sure about Le Fondre? he scores goals but seems to do very little else, he doesn't add any physical threat.. can see him just being another Luke Varney to be honest.

Same, there is a reason why he hasn't not been picked up yet,

I wouldn't mind tempting Ched Evans away, try and get him to start his career.. has ability but hasn't really been prolific but then again, he is only 22, 23 this season. I think he could turn into a good player.

I think he's a really exciting prospect, certainly worth a go as he only has one year left on his contract and won't cost as much as usual. Reckon he would be worth a risk for a million.

I think he's a really exciting prospect, certainly worth a go as he only has one year left on his contract and won't cost as much as usual. Reckon he would be worth a risk for a million.

It's a case of how can Sheff Utd subsidise his wage in league one, guessing he'll be a fairly earner after signing for 3million.. 1milion, might just be enough for them to cut their losses and in return we get a diamond in the rough.

it's okay saying we need to buy a proven player, who has goals at this level but think of buying a footballer like buying a share, you don't go in for them when the rate is high, you go for one with big potential and hope they shoot up, someone like Ched could do it. I thought the same about Waghorn, get players that shown ability in the past and a new club can sometimes make them shine.

It's a case of how can Sheff Utd subsidise his wage in league one, guessing he'll be a fairly earner after signing for 3million.. 1milion, might just be enough for them to cut their losses and in return we get a diamond in the rough.

it's okay saying we need to buy a proven player, who has goals at this level but think of buying a footballer like buying a share, you don't go in for them when the rate is high, you go for one with big potential and hope they shoot up, someone like Ched could do it. I thought the same about Waghorn, get players that shown ability in the past and a new club can sometimes make them shine.

Wouldn't spend a million on a player in the last yr of contract who has not played at this level. The £400,000 we going to spend on maguire who is an internation is the most we should pay on le fondre. Admit he is a prospect but not that hot a prospect to pay that much

[sIZE=4]I want Waghorn and Howard to stay at Leicester City, says Sven[/sIZE]

Leicester City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson says he has no plans to sell strikers Martyn Waghorn or Steve Howard.

Both 21-year-old Waghorn and 35-year-old Howard have struggled to hold down regular spots in City's starting line-up.

Waghorn, who joined City last summer from Sunderland in a deal potentially worth £3million, did not start a game under Eriksson since last November, while Howard started just six since the Swede took over in October.

A bid for Waghorn from Derby County, reported to be around £1m, has already been rejected, while Howard has also been attracting plenty of attention and has been linked with moves to Sheffield Wednesday and Hull City.

However, Eriksson said both strikers feature in his plans for next season, although he admitted if they really wanted to leave he would reconsider his position.

"I have already told Martyn I want to keep him here," said Eriksson.

"He has been injured for a long time now but he should be fully fit for the start of pre-season. As the situation stands today, if we had an important game tomorrow, he would play, he would start.

"What happens between now and the start of the league I don't know, but for the moment he is absolutely a Leicester player. He has a great attitude, is hard-working and is young. He was unlucky to get injured towards the end of the season, or I think he would have played much more.

"As the situation is today then no, I would not sell him. If we could get Messi and Ronaldo the situation would change.

"You never know, but today he is a Leicester player and that is that.

"Steve is a Leicester player as well. I haven't heard of any bids for him. He is not one we have put on the list for selling.

"If he wants to go I would think about it, but I don't think so. He had a lot of offers last season and he wanted to stay. I hope he will stay in the future.

"I really hope that these players want to stay. Then, at the end of the summer, if we are coming to a situation that they really don't want to stay, you try to sell them.

"To have a player here who is unhappy has no meaning at all."

Newcastle have confirmed that Sol Campbell and Shefki Kuqi have left the club. They have not been offered new deals.

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/news/want-Waghorn-Howard-stay-Leicester-City-says-Sven/article-3597317-detail/article.html

Sven making this statement just to squeeze more cash from us?........This is his way of justifying 'Mugging off their rivals'?

Let's not waste our time on this one (Although I like the sound of him). We really won't get value for money IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we should really be looking at players such as Waghorn if we are serious about pushing on and competing in this league. I read on a sunderland page a while ago granted, that he had the potential to be as good as darren bent so why shouldn't we be looking at players like that?!!

I think we should really be looking at players such as Waghorn if we are serious about pushing on and competing in this league. I read on a sunderland page a while ago granted, that he had the potential to be as good as darren bent so why shouldn't we be looking at players like that?!!

You know using Genie Scout is cheating right?

Judging from Glick's interview on the OS today, I kinda get the feeling Waghorn is the main target in terms of strikers. What are people's thoughts on whether he'd fit in the team? From what i've seen/heard of him he's very hardworking and is very strong for a small lad meaning that he can hold the ball up well. I reckon he'd be able to play on his own up front with the support of wingers in the 4-3-3 formation as height isn't a neccesity. Donny Rovers play up front with Billy Sharp up front who is tiny but it works for them because he is very strong and can hold the ball, which I believe Waghorn can do.

not keen on waghorn, i dont doubt he'd do well, i just think there are better deals for better players, cus leicester will no doubt want a lot of money for him...more than he's worth anyway.

Who are these better players we'd get better deals for?

Archived