Martyn Waghorn

Chris Peduck

Why? We've only been linked with the same players as Hull by the Mirror, the Sun, the People and the Mail. Most of those journalists completely make up these stories by themselves. Just shows how lazy and unimaginative these people are.

We all thought Jamie Ward was a poor signing, and now every time we hear him some people j1zz. And I think Waghorn has more basic ability than players like Ward or Cywka. Think of it like that.

I want to know out of interest when was the last time the Mirror was catagorically wrong about something to do with Derby County. I remember under Jewell when everyone thought they was doom-mongering but turns out they was speaking gods honest truth. I think they must have some sort of mole inside Derby :eek:

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to know out of interest when was the last time the Mirror was catagorically wrong about something to do with Derby County. I remember under Jewell when everyone thought they was doom-mongering but turns out they was speaking gods honest truth. I think they must have some sort of mole inside Derby :eek:

Can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but I just don't see the Mirror as the source of any great truth.

Also, we don't know about how reliable they are with Hull City matters. My guess is not very.

To be completely honest I have never seen the lad play but over a million for a 21 year old who couldn't get a kick this season? Seems a bit steep to me. I know that he must show some promise as there is interest in him but I reckon that the price is very high as he isnt truly proven- saying that, look how much Fester shelled out:eek:!

To be completely honest I have never seen the lad play but over a million for a 21 year old who couldn't get a kick this season? Seems a bit steep to me. I know that he must show some promise as there is interest in him but I reckon that the price is very high as he isnt truly proven- saying that, look how much Fester shelled out:eek:!

The lad is quality. Living in Leicester, seen him play a few times on TV last season and always stood out as their best player when Pearson was manager.

A lot of my mates are Leicester fans and they're generally p*ssed off at the likes of Waghorn and Jack Hobbs being dropped after great seasons the year before. They all seem to think Yakubu's useless and lazy and don't want to sign him. Waghorn's strong but on the short side so it wouldn't move away from the fact that we so badly need a target man but still passionate player and technically sound.

Hobbs is another one I'd love us to sign, solid centre half and got their player of the year 09/10 playoff season. Was only last year he was being linked with Prem teams for 5million.

Both obviously based in the East Mids and could get them at a million each I would have thought.

Thought the Mirror had very close links to a former Director and ex goalie (and I don't mean on loan and soon to be ex) in those old days of Jewell and Billy.

Today's DET;

[sIZE=12px]A national newspaper has reported that the Rams have made a £1.25m bid for Leicester striker Martyn Waghorn, who has had limited first-team opportunities under Sven Goran Eriksson.[/sIZE]

[sIZE=12px]Derby will not comment on their individual transfer targets.[/sIZE]

[sIZE=12px]They have been strongly linked with Waghorn and Watford midfielder John Eustace, and are thought to be interested in Barnsley defender Jason Shackell.[/sIZE]

[sIZE=12px]It is believed that a bid has been lodged for Waghorn, although Leicester's chief executive Lee Hoos has said no significant inquiries had been made so far for their players.[/sIZE]

[sIZE=12px][/sIZE]

I'm really not sure why we are spending in excess of a million on Waghorn when he seems to be very similar to Jamie Ward. I'd much rather us spend £1m+ on a proven midfielder. Our midfield has been desperately short on quality for three years notably ever since we missed out Ferrie Bodde, we've not really looked to address the situation or at least not with much success.

If we were going to look at anyone from Leicester, it should be Richie Wellens. But of course we have no chance of landing such a player, particularly from a "rival".

But how about his former partner-in-crime, Brian Stock? Ok, he only signed a new deal in February. But three months is a long time in football isn't it!

Well back to the point, the club need one big signing to signal their intent and I'm not sure Waghorn is it.

It was interesting to see Jamie Ward talking up Waghorn to SSN today, confirmed we've put a bid in and went on to say that he is a very good player and still young too.

I think this one could be finished sooner rather than later!

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,16709_6939099,00.html

He said: "I think that the manager is looking to bring in players to try and go for it. It has been well publicised that the club has had a £1.1million bid put in for [Leicesterhttp://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer City forward] Martyn Waghorn. That's a good start for us, obviously he's a good player. He's used to playing at this level and he's still a young lad as well."

Think the big signing will be a target man.

This 1.1 million bid is essentially Moxey (450k), Commons (300k) and Hulses'(800k) transfer fees. I aint forgot about them Mr.Glick. Chuck in 750k for the three loanees and we've only spent 300k.

=======Fielding======

Brayford Barker Shackell New

=====Bailey Eustace=====

==Cywka Waghorn Ward==

====Big ass signing====

Think the big signing will be a target man.

This 1.1 million bid is essentially Moxey (450k), Commons (300k) and Hulses'(800k) transfer fees. I aint forgot about them Mr.Glick. Chuck in 750k for the three loanees and we've only spent 300k.

=======Fielding======

Brayford Barker Shackell New

=====Bailey Eustace=====

==Cywka Waghorn Ward==

====Big ass signing====

If tht big ass signing was to be Danny Graham would you be happy with that team (assuming Roberts is LB agin)? I think that team would be bottom half again IMO

Archived