Martyn Waghorn

Chris Peduck

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We aren't punching at the same level as sides coming down from the prem wages wise sadly and that will include Blackpool. Some people just can't handle the truth. We need to get over that having lots of fans, a big ground etc doesn't attract players as much as pennies in there pockets.

But they couldn't afford the wages we were paying Varney (apparently)

Blackpool won't splash their money around, they're very sensible if not a little tight with it. I believe they will go back to their old wage cap of around 6,000 and not to mention the place is a dive, if a player picked Blackpool over us now we're in the same division, I'd feel somewhat disillusioned even when they was in the premiership they lost out to Bristol City to Brett Pittman, the noises coming from the club and everything about the club sound top notch, I just do not see how Blackpool could be seen as a better move.

But they couldn't afford the wages we were paying Varney (apparently)

they had a wage cap of 10,000 in the premiership, they used to have one of 5,000 I believe (the season the got promoted) and before that they had one of 4,000.

they certainly do not flash the cash, which would drive me insane if I was a fan.

We'll I don't know where Blackpool will finish the same as I don't have a clue where we will. The point is Blackpool for being a tiny club are realistically going to be attractive for players, with the wages they will pay, due to there recent success and for the way they play. Players have joined and made a name for themselves there ie Campbell, Adam, vaughan etc and that makes them attractive to use as a stepping stone. We aren't punching at the same level as sides coming down from the prem wages wise sadly and that will include Blackpool. Some people just can't handle the truth. We need to get over that having lots of fans, a big ground etc doesn't attract players as much as pennies in there pockets.

Not so sure about all your points:-

http://www.plymouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=217597

We bid 1.25million and had it rejected :eek:

anyway, if we do have that big accepted I assume he will be a Derby player, I heard that he was offered to bristol as a make weight in the maynard bid but rejected it out-right and said he wanted a move to Derby, don't know how accurate that is but only assume it's gods honest truth :D

anyway, I expect the kidda to be a Derby player before I get back from Holiday!

I think waghorn can't be far of being done, he clearly isn't in there plans and we have been chasing him for 6 months.

On Blackpool, if they are only paying 5k then I don't know how they got Phillips, he may be old but he still scores goals as he did in the perm last season when they actually started him. It drove many a brum fan mad that there manager wouldn't play him more.

I think waghorn can't be far of being done, he clearly isn't in there plans and we have been chasing him for 6 months.

On Blackpool, if they are only paying 5k then I don't know how they got Phillips, he may be old but he still scores goals as he did in the perm last season when they actually started him. It drove many a brum fan mad that there manager wouldn't play him more.

They certainly won't be paying more than us, in the premiership they didn't pay more than 10k (hence why they couldn't afford all Varneys wage) and the relegation isn't going to push their spending up, so I expect they'll struggle to compete with us, especially if he is a key target which I assume he is.

Love the arguments over who is better, generally its so very simple - money talks.

Unless you are Hull and trying to sign Jamie Ward it would seem.

The problem we have is that Fester don't need cash and so aren't forced to sell- they don't care if they have 3 million of mardy player kicking around in case they need him. Therefore we will need to pay over the odds to get him- a bit of a gamble but I think 1.4 would get him and I don't think he would go to blackpool anyway.

Archived