Martyn Waghorn

Chris Peduck

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's hope he does. With him, a centremid and a leftback I'll happily say we'll be a shout for the top 6.

centre mid?

top 6?

i'll have whatever you're having.

• 2 weeks later...
Blackpool have been linked with a move for out-of-favour Leicester City forward Martyn Waghorn.

The 21-year-old has failed to win a regular place in the Foxes side since Sven-Göran Eriksson took over as boss last year and could be on his way out of the Walkers Stadium.

A hamstring injury sustained in April sidelined the former Sunderland trainee for the remainder of last season, which yielded a disappointing tally of 4 goals.

The young front-man has proved he can find the net though - notching 12 goals in 43 appearances for the Foxes during a season-long loan spell in 2009-2010 which prompted the club to sign him permanently for a fee in the region of £3million.

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/blackpool-fc/129919-blackpool-fc-linked-with-young-leicester-city-forward.html

Or alternatively, if you don't want to pick out the worst in everything, it's either a tinpot team in a crappy little stadium who are currently in the process of selling every decent player they have (but have just managed to sign a 39 year old striker on a free!), or a team that's spending a decent amount of money trying to improve their squad with one of the best fanbases, stadiums and training facilities in the division. I suspect there's very little difference in what wages we're both prepared to offer, so I'd be disappointed if we lost out on a player to Blackpool.

A choice of playing up front with Kevin Phillips fir a team who have just been in the perm or a team finishing near the bottom the last 3 seasons and get to play with Theo and Tyson. Tough choice

Play in a small stadium with **** facilities and have to move house

Play in a big stadium with good facilities and be able to stay in the area.......

plus clough is really eager to sign him so lets see, it really depends on how much they get for DJ campell

We have some big bites there. Do people think players would find clough or holloway more attractive, plus picking them worked out for DJ Campbell. I was just putting a different spin on things, some of our fans need to get over the fact we have a good ground and training ground. Players pretty much look for the most money and the best chance of going up. If it was down to the stadium and training ground we would be a top 10 perm team not a lower camp team.

A choice of playing up front with Kevin Phillips fir a team who have just been in the perm or a team finishing near the bottom the last 3 seasons and get to play with Theo and Tyson. Tough choice

Are you Derby?You put Blackpool above us off the back of pensioner philips and the fact they've just had a flirt with the prem?Maybe it is a tough choice? For you to decide what you support? Stats or your team?:mad:

Blackpool my arse....Rams anyday against your negative support

With your attitude we'll be conference in a few years!

Are you Derby?You put Blackpool above us off the back of pensioner philips and the fact they've just had a flirt with the prem?Maybe it is a tough choice? For you to decide what you support? Stats or your team?:mad:

Waghorn isn't a fan though, I would pick derby over anyone, well unless barca really wanted me (joke). Like it or not Blackpool will be attractive to players after there one season and money they will get from it. Why should I be a bury my head in the sand fan and never look at the other side of things

here here

Quote emjlc02 - Waghorn isn't a fan though, I would pick derby over anyone, well unless barca really wanted me (joke). Like it or not Blackpool will be attractive to players after there one season and money they will get from it. Why should I be a bury my head in the sand fan and never look at the other side of things

Blackpool will not be anywhere near the top 6 and Holloway will talk himself out of a job. This is the man who tried to rip the pi$$ out of Derby over Varney and the apparent Loan deal which meant he could be signed for peanuts and that they are letting a player who is an excellant player go for nothing. What happened to that surely with the £8million they receiving for Charlie Adams they could have brought him for the reported £250k cos he was brilliant

We'll I don't know where Blackpool will finish the same as I don't have a clue where we will. The point is Blackpool for being a tiny club are realistically going to be attractive for players, with the wages they will pay, due to there recent success and for the way they play. Players have joined and made a name for themselves there ie Campbell, Adam, vaughan etc and that makes them attractive to use as a stepping stone. We aren't punching at the same level as sides coming down from the prem wages wise sadly and that will include Blackpool. Some people just can't handle the truth. We need to get over that having lots of fans, a big ground etc doesn't attract players as much as pennies in there pockets.

Archived