Martyn Waghorn

Chris Peduck

Rasisk was a polish international that failed a medical at an italian club and we managed to jump in before anyone else! Tito Villa, Mile Sterjovski, Benny Feilhaber..etc these were all high regarded players abroad who couldn't cut it in the english game.

Alberto Bueno is a very VERY talented footballer, however his impact on most games is very poor, I prefer to pick up players who I know can play to the english game.

You must be talking about Roberts, Pearson, Croft, Martin, B.Davies and other Brittish crap we already have?

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rasisk was a polish international that failed a medical at an italian club and we managed to jump in before anyone else! Tito Villa, Mile Sterjovski, Benny Feilhaber..etc these were all high regarded players abroad who couldn't cut it in the english game.

Alberto Bueno is a very VERY talented footballer, however his impact on most games is very poor, I prefer to pick up players who I know can play to the english game.

Stimac, Ron Willems, Robin Van Der Laan, were all instrumental in Derby getting out of this league a number of year sago.

You can't doubt there is good ones out there, but imagine in our position and spending 2million on a foreign striker and ending up with another tito villa.

I'd take chances on foriegn players but I wouldn't spend big on them, not a chance.

Don't think anyone is saying they won't improve the team, i'm just worried it isn't good enough for this play-off push

Leicester and Hull can spend like QPR. Swansea or Reading will be too good etc.

We are well off the pace imo.

Who would you be happy with Dave? Who in your opinion would help us push for promotion?

I thought the whole post was meant to sound foolish, hence why it was written, or am I going daft in my old age ?

No Leeds, you're not. It was a light hearted aside to the current prediciment to the current situation of having to wait on Fester's transfer activity before we can sign one of their reserves. I'm fairly frustrated about the fact we're sticking to the same old targets but I didn't want to rant too much...

As for Ambitious' question... Admittedly a lot of foreign signings, especially recently, haven't turned out well for us but historically -

Igor Stimac

Robin Van Der Lann

Ron Willems

Grzegorz Raziak

Inigio Idiakez

were more than adequate. And as for recent season in the Chamionship as a whole

Gylfi Sigurdsson

Adel Tarrabt

Jodi Gomez

Aron Gunnarsson

Akos Buzsaky

Julian Speroni

Kasper Schmeichel

Luciano Becchio

have been excellent performers. It's not that I think these potential targets are awful players but like davecov says they don't appear to be good enough for us to sustain a push for the top 6 which Nigel, Glick & everyone else wants. I'm always willing to see how things bear out on the pitch and will back any player in a Rams shirt when I go to watch (well bar Pearson anyway) but so far I’m feeling very uninspired by our potential signings. Glick said “Judge us on who we bring in…â€, well that’s all I’m doing…

You can't doubt there is good ones out there, but imagine in our position and spending 2million on a foreign striker and ending up with another tito villa.

I'd take chances on foriegn players but I wouldn't spend big on them, not a chance.

What is the difference between spending 2m on a foriegn player and a British one, except arguably you get more value for money abroad ?

Are you saying its a gamble ?

In which case surely that applies to any player unless they are proven, which seems to be the point that is being made, so far none of the players we are being linked to are proven top 6 players.

Who would you be happy with Dave? Who in your opinion would help us push for promotion?

I would do this:

Leacock - out

Bywater - out

Pearson - out

There's another load of wages saved for these: Earnshaw, Darren Pratley, Damien Delaney and Billy Jones who are all free's

I would buy Bueno for around 2 - 2.5 million...he is better then Danny Graham afterall.

=========Fielding=========

=Brayford Barker Delaney Jones=

=======Bailey Pratley=======

Burke=================Ward

===Earnshaw/Bueno==========

=============S.Davies======

Promotion.

I would do this:

Leacock - out

Bywater - out

Pearson - out

There's another load of wages saved for these: Earnshaw, Darren Pratley, Damien Delaney and Billy Jones who are all free's

I would buy Bueno for around 2 - 2.5 million...he is better then Danny Graham afterall.

Promotion.

I will eat my hat if Darren pratley signs for us.

Thats kind of my point if you think we are "big enough" to get the likes of Burke and Pratley you will be dissapointed with everyone we get thsi summer pal, I would love Burke and Pratley but it will not happen they are too good and too exspensive for us!!!

Earnshaw :confused: Bueno over 2 million :confused: didnt think crack was so widely smoked in Newark.

Thats kind of my point if you think we are "big enough" to get the likes of Burke and Pratley you will be dissapointed with everyone we get thsi summer pal, I would love Burke and Pratley but it will not happen they are too good and too exspensive for us!!!

Earnshaw :confused: Bueno over 2 million :confused: didnt think crack was so widely smoked in Newark.

Earnshaw is one in two for club and country.

Bueno is better than Danny Graham.

If we're going for the play-offs then we need play-off players....Earnshaw, Pratley, Burke. No reason we can't get them if we offer the wages, they are all out of contract!! If we're serious, then the players will sign.

Plan B if you couldn't get Pratley (who would be my marquee signing) would be to get Bujis.

Not that unrealsitic really is it?

There are alot of players better than Danny Graham personally dont think he will have a season as good as he just has, again I wouldn't want us to spend 2 million on one player especially from the championship!

Did you think Boro wwould of had such a ***** season with the amount of money they spent? did you think B;lackpool would of finished in the play offs with the amount of money they didnt spend?

Money and names mean fook all in this league!

Alright, chill ya beanz....you asked me what i would do, so i told you.....it wouldn't even increase the wage bill if you got rid of Savage, Varney(we still pay a percentage of his wages and he aint even here), Leacock, Bywater and Pearson.

We have used 750k from the 1.5 million we got for Moxey, Commons and Hulse. We have spent about 750k on the three loan signings, which means we still have 750k left over from them....so that can pay for signing on fees and any extra wages.

Then, actually spend some money on a decent player like Bueno from the fees received from Pearson, Bywater and Leacock and a million or more of investment.

Can't see why that's unrealistic.....i'm picking the players on ability and the positions they play in certain formations, not their names....otherwise i would have listed Bullard, Brown, Nugent etc.

I would do this:

Leacock - out

Bywater - out

Pearson - out

Promotion.

You would pay 2.5million for Bueno? insanity.. the lad is a good player but he has little impact in games, would be a waste for me.,

You would pay 2.5million for Bueno? insanity.. the lad is a good player but he has little impact in games, would be a waste for me.,

Well that's your opinion. Another season in the Championship with more experience, a better team and more development(he is only 21 you know) he could turn out to be the next Taarabt....not skill wise, but impact wise.

Well that's your opinion. Another season in the Championship with more experience, a better team and more development(he is only 21 you know) he could turn out to be the next Taarabt....not skill wise, but impact wise.

He is a good player but he just hasn't got the fight in him, brilliant on football manager.. not so good in real life.

I think the gulf in ability between Robinson and Bueno is huge but I believe Robinson has more impact on games, without a doubt.

also Delaney is a left back and recently signed a contract.

He is a good player but he just hasn't got the fight in him, brilliant on football manager.. not so good in real life.

I think the gulf in ability between Robinson and Bueno is huge but I believe Robinson has more impact on games, without a doubt.

Wtf has FM got do with it? He hasn't got the fight......oh right, you know that because........

Bueno wouldn't just a signing he would be great for shirt sales, signal of intent to other transfer targets, and most of all the potential to be a major asset.

Wtf has FM got do with it? He hasn't got the fight......oh right, you know that because........

Bueno wouldn't just be signig, he would be great for shirt sales, signal of intent to other transfer targets, and most of all the potential to be a major asset.

I strongly disagree, sorry but why would Bueno be great for shirt sales? The majority me included never really bothered whether he was in the first team or not because most of the time the game used to bypass him. I like the kid, I really do and if the oppourtunity came to sign him, I would.. but for no more than 400-500k, I don't think he is worth much more than that at the minute anyway.

I strongly disagree, sorry but why would Bueno be great for shirt sales? The majority me included never really bothered whether he was in the first team or not because most of the time the game used to bypass him. I like the kid, I really do and if the oppourtunity came to sign him, I would.. but for no more than 400-500k, I don't think he is worth much more than that at the minute anyway.

I would have his name on my shirt......just like Eranio...there's something about exciting foreign players, and i know i'm not the only one who thinks like this

I would have his name on my shirt......just like Eranio...there's something about exciting foreign players, and i know i'm not the only one who thinks like this

I couldn't care where they're from as long as they're productive and consistent. I wouldn't pay for someone soley based on his name, or their CV for that matter.

I couldn't care where they're from as long as they're productive and consistent. I wouldn't pay for someone soley based on his name, or their CV for that matter.

If we signed him i would get his name on my shirt like i have any other decent foreign players.....it looks better that Waghorn. End of.

Wonder who sold more shirts Eranio/Baino or Rowett/Yates

Edited by GboroRam: no need for it

Archived