Martyn Waghorn

Chris Peduck

Back on our radar according to the Daily Mirror

"Nigel Clough is preparing a £1.2million raid on East Midlands rivals Leicester for striker Martyn Waghorn.

Derby boss Clough will have transfer cash this summer and is to invest in firepower with Waghorn a top target.

Waghorn, 21, has struggled to hold down a place under Sven Goran Eriksson and now has a hamstring injury.

But Clough will bid for the former Sunderland star after being promised funds by Derby’s American owners.

He said: “If we can bring the players in we would like we will try and assemble a squad to finish in the top six.â€

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, but my point was that i would rather spend the million on a target man, and that aint Waghorn.

It must be just me by the sounds of it but I always thought Waghorn was a target man, just more mobile and more of s goal threat if we signed him I would use him as a lone striker supported by 3 attacking midfielders

It must be just me by the sounds of it but I always thought Waghorn was a target man, just more mobile and more of s goal threat if we signed him I would use him as a lone striker supported by 3 attacking midfielders

he is tiny, he is a great finisher though.. more an earnshaw type of player.

besides ward, robinson and moore, and since hooper last sumer we have now been linked with.....

hayes, beattie, murray, sammon, maguire, tyson, maccormack, fryatt, sharp, wood, phillips, hoskins....and waghorn.

yadda yadda yadda.

Think he can play that role, but there are better players for a million, surely?

Can you think of any buddy??? Only one's I can think of are not proven at this level:

Shaun Miller Crewe

Adam Le Fondre Rotherham

Would we get Danny Graham for a million? Morrison from Millwall??? unlikely

Was thinking abroad. Read somewhere Metgod is allowed to further scout Europe.

Wouldn't like to pay millions for any of them.

I would suggest that you certainly get better value for money outside the UK. If you look at France and Spain there are alot more young North and West African players starting out. The one's who end up here are usually the top players who have already proven themselves over there and are thus only available to clubs with alot bigger budgets than ours.

Archived