Martyn Waghorn

Chris Peduck

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think people expect us to tho. People are using him as a comparison to others as regards to ability and fee.

I also do not expect to see Bueno here next season, But as long as we can find an able replacemen, then I'm not to bothered he won't be here next season TBH.

Eranio, Biano, Wanchope, Asonovic, Stimac

I guess most overseas players haven't been that bad really:rolleyes:

Pereplotkins, Zadkovich, Labarthe Tome, Zavagnio, Bragstad...

Just because there have been SOME good players does not mean that they're not a gamble. For every good player we've had there's a bad one.

It's strange that some people think it's mad that you stating that Bueno will cost £2m. The guy is seriously rated in Spain and is uttered in the same breath as Alvaro Negredo and such likes (In terms of potential), With whom he played with. We certainly wouldn't be happy with spending that much money on him (Myself included), But Wigan were sniffing around him in January. Imagine if they wanted to sign him, I'm predicting that something like £1.5m would have been a 'bargain'. He probably is worth about £2m, Especially as (Despite dip in form) he has great potential and has shown some impressive displays as a youth.

But, I would also like to see it spent elsewhere.

I like some of the players you are putting into the team above (Although some NC positional decisions have been made :p), But I am torn between my head and my heart. Pratley seems unlikely (Which makes me laugh at the suggestions of Bowyer too). But I suppose what you are trying to say is............If you ain't in the running for a player, you can't expect them to sign.

I really am worried for next season to be fair, Better than this one (More than likely) but fears of falling short are creeping in. Waghorn WILL add to this team. And with him and ward grafting hard, it's a great start. I do think that over £1m is too much for Waghorn tho and we should eye up some other options/ask about a loan to a permanant. This (again) shows the emphasis for some kind of 'Head Scout' and/or 'Negotiator' role required. We will forever be paying over the odds for a limited list of players otherwise..

Everyone says my list of Pratley and Burke is unrealistic. Don't know why. Give Pratley 14k that Savage got and Burke the wages Bywater and Leacock got and they would sign. It's not unrealistic......the only reason people say that particular word has everything to do with this board.

Play-off push with the players we are linked to?

You are havin a fackin giraffe son! (that's not aimed at you...i just like speaking like a Laaaaanderna)

Everyone says my list of Pratley and Burke is unrealistic. Don't know why. Give Pratley 14k that Savage got and Burke the wages Bywater and Leacock got and they would sign. It's not unrealistic......the only reason people say that particular word has everything to do with this board.

You are havin a fackin giraffe son! (that's not aimed at you...i just like speaking like a Laaaaanderna)

I don't think it's unrealistic that we can afford them it's unrealistic they're likely to accept an offer from us instead of an offer from a lower end Prem side offering the same wage. Teams like Wigan, Fulham & Wolves have been courting Pratley for a while and could offer him another £5k on top and not miss it so the likelyhood of competing with them is remote. Besides if The Swans win at Wembley I can see him signing a new contract pretty much straight away...

I don't think it's unrealistic that we can afford them it's unrealistic they're likely to accept an offer from us instead of an offer from a lower end Prem side offering the same wage. Teams like Wigan, Fulham & Wolves have been courting Pratley for a while and could offer him another £5k on top and not miss it so the likelyhood of competing with them is remote. Besides if The Swans win at Wembley I can see him signing a new contract pretty much straight away...

But we're DERBY COUNTY!

I'd give him an extra 10k on top just for scoring from the halfway line.

And we're going for promotion.

If we was going to spend 2million, I would hope it wouldn't be on either Bueno or Waghorn infact I'd be very disappointed if we had to fork out that much on either of them.

what we have been for Waghorn should be our maximum and if we can get Bueno for around 400k then I think we should, however since it looks unlikely for either.. let's move on. I heard there is a midfielder in Scotland scoring a goal a game, he might be a good buy!

I wouldn't want to spend 2 mil on both of them! I liked Bueno but he doesn't seem well suited to the English game and went missing most of the time. I'd buy him for 500k as one for the future as he is not ready to be a big player yet. If I was spending 1 mil plus I would expect results straight away which is what we need

I'll pretty much ditto what VERNAK said to be honest.....

But I know where you are coming from, I guess this could be the issue. We DO need key players along the same ability etc. as Pratley, But it seems we are resigned to going for other peoples cast-offs in the hope of molding them into a more finished article. I appreciate that we currently have a lot of irons in the fire (so to speak) but would also appreciate a bit more optimism in the players we are after. Don't get me wrong, some signings/rumours I am very happy with. But to turn us into a top 6 side IS pretty damn optimistic, So we should be aiming as high as we possibly can with potential targets. Even if it means that we get laughed at by a few agents.

I don't get kicks out of being a miserable Killjoy, But top 6?!?!?!.................Hmmmmmmm

I'm with this. Top half this year, serious play off challenge next.

If we could only have one would you rather:

A) We shored up our defence and became hard to beat?

B) Be the entertaining team that's vulnerable?

I don't know about you but I cringed last season when we tried to be A).

Let's hope Shackell and co (esp tackling midfielders) can give Cywka, Ward and the other hobbits licence to run under the opposition.

If we could only have one would you rather:

A) We shored up our defence and became hard to beat?

B) Be the entertaining team that's vulnerable?

I don't know about you but I cringed last season when we tried to be A).

Let's hope Shackell and co (esp tackling midfielders) can give Cywka, Ward and the other hobbits licence to run under the opposition.

Difficult one that.

I'm definitely of the school of thought that victories come first over entertaining football, as I believe winning breeds confidence and the football can improve off the back of results.

Anyone else think this signing is dead? well unless Leicester go crazy in the transfer market, buy shearer, owen, heskey, mcmanaman, anderson..etc and then decide 1.1million is enough to pay for hoddle and waddle.

otherwise I think this one should be put to bed.

Archived