Match Thread - Oxford United (A) - Tuesday 22nd October 2024

Crewton

1 minute ago, Walkley Ram said:

He's just had a decent few minutes there. Are we watching the same game?

I wasn't suggesting NML hadn't done OK, just that he's battling against the odds as it's his wrong side.

Meanwhile, Harness is looking very weak in the middle. Needs to be much stronger and more composed.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I would love Brown to be given a chance.

And we look so unbalanced on the left with Mendez-Laing there. I feel sorry for him as it's so not his position.

Always weird to stick productive players in positions that reduces their output 

Momentum has shifted since Zetterstrom went down and they're well on top now. Not sure if that momentum shift will see us try and hold on to the point now rather than go for the win, we don't seem to have much of a foothold once we get into the final third.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

I wasn't suggesting NML hadn't done OK, just that he's battling against the odds as it's his wrong side.

Meanwhile, Harness is looking very weak in the middle. Needs to be much stronger and more composed.

Yep spot on Harness doesn’t look like the midfielder we need at times so far but it’s still early days for him 

Just now, Barney1991 said:

Note to self only 35 more games to go of this. 

It’s almost as if sitting solidly mid table on our return to the championship, winning games at home against established champ clubs and now stopping the away rot with a couple of hard fought draws is causing you some distress? 
I suppose we could have played better  tonight, but for me I’ll happily take the second point on the road in a handful of days and move onto a winnable home game on Saturday.