Bucket List

i-Ram

I saw @Wolfie’s post this week, and I thought I would widen the subject. I am now in my early 60’s - not a lot of time left guys - and I have started putting into action doing things that I have always thought I should have a go at before I slip this mortal coil. I don’t mean go places, I mean do things. Whether that might be a bungee jump, a sky dive, swimming with Dolphins, or climbing Kilimanjaro. What things must you do before you die!

To start the thread going, the first two things on my list are 1) perform live stand-up comedy and 2) get a song or two of mine played on Spotify.  My first 5 minutes of stand-up is Tuesday, and I can’t wait - irrespective if it is a roaring success or a total failure. Better to die having tried rather than wondered. I have lyrics for a couple of songs too, and in the next 6 months I will do a bit of work with my son and one of his mates who are musically talented to get a couple of promo tracks established.

Look forward to reading about your ‘must do’ dreams.

First off, massive best wishes for Tuesday night, and props for having the balls!

Secondly, I have every faith that you will stand there and actually say funny things, tell some jokes, and relate a few funny stories.

Best o' luck, buddy.  🍻

The trend just lately seems to be to pick out members of the audience, and spend a few minutes asking their name and where they're from,  calling them a nob, and making offensive personal jibes, before finding someone else  to continue calling them a nob etc.  Today's audiences seem to like it, but I don't get where the comedy comes into it.  🤷‍♂️
I keep seeing snippets of someone called Paul Smith on Youtube shorts... As well as his accent making my teeth itch, he's the current No1 in my least funny "comedians" list.

I won't offend the reader's ears by offering a video link.
#comedy my arse! 🙄

Edited by Mucker1884

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I saw @Wolfie’s post this week, and I thought I would widen the subject. I am now in my early 60’s - not a lot of time left guys - and I have started putting into action doing things that I have always thought I should have a go at before I slip this mortal coil. I don’t mean go places, I mean do things. Whether that might be a bungee jump, a sky dive, swimming with Dolphins, or climbing Kilimanjaro. What things must you do before you die!

To start the thread going, the first two things on my list are 1) perform live stand-up comedy and 2) get a song or two of mine played on Spotify.  My first 5 minutes of stand-up is Tuesday, and I can’t wait - irrespective if it is a roaring success or a total failure. Better to die having tried rather than wondered. I have lyrics for a couple of songs too, and in the next 6 months I will do a bit of work with my son and one of his mates who are musically talented to get a couple of promo tracks established.

Maybe play a funny song at your comedy gig, then release the recording on spotify?

44 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

First off, massive best wishes for Tuesday night, and props for having the balls!

Secondly, I have every faith that you will stand there and actually say funny things, tell some jokes, and relate a few funny stories.

Best o' luck, buddy.  🍻

The trend just lately seems to be to pick out members of the audience, and spend a few minutes asking their name and where they're from,  calling them a nob, and making offensive personal jibes, before finding someone else  to continue calling them a nob etc.  Today's audiences seem to like it, but I don't get where the comedy comes into it.  🤷‍♂️
I keep seeing snippets of someone called Paul Smith on Youtube shorts... As well as his accent making my teeth itch, he's the current No1 in my least funny "comedians" list.

I won't offend the reader's ears by offering a video link.
#comedy my arse! 🙄

I never know why comedians ask what you do for a living. Most occupations are pretty dull. Much better to ask about any unusual hobbies.

I like comedians who can follow a thread through their show and end where they started.

Comedians who swear a lot tend to annoy me.

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

My first 5 minutes of stand-up is Tuesday, and I can’t wait - irrespective if it is a roaring success or a total failure. Better to die having tried rather than wondered. I have lyrics for a couple of songs too, and in the next 6 months I will do a bit of work with my son and one of his mates who are musically talented to get a couple of promo tracks established.

Iv'e given speeches in front of circa 300 people(Union business)and threw a few quips in, But standing in front of an audience and try to make them laugh I would find daunting.

You need them on your side from the 1st second you go on stage, Perhaps a prat fall or summat, Funny stories are good, Jokes...well that depends on the audience...whatever you do I wish you well @i-Ram😉 the hardest job in the world is to make people laugh...imo 

One of the best😁

Edited by Ram-Alf

I love Mick Miller @Ram-Alf but my heroes are Stewart Lee and Frank Skinner. I love the construction of Lee’s material and the sexual innuendo and lads banter of Skinner. 

Anyway any other bucket list desires out there?

54 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I love Mick Miller @Ram-Alf but my heroes are Stewart Lee and Frank Skinner. I love the construction of Lee’s material and the sexual innuendo and lads banter of Skinner. 

Anyway any other bucket list desires out there?

I'm not a bucket list person really, I've done enough in my 68 years, No ballooning or parachuting, Running the Sahara or climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, I just love the life I have, It aint nowt special...pretty hum drum really, Looking after my home, Walking, A few beers when BTFC play at home and plenty of history on TV or Crime series.

I did get a buzz yesterday tho, Someone chucked a white coffee table out, I had a look at it...took it home cleaned it up screwed it down where needed and fixed the strip light under the top of the table...that's what gives me satisfaction

image.png.26085cfc74e8927283619995bf6f4b05.png

PS Stewart Lee...very good in a dead pan sort of attitude way, Skinner...no fan really  

My bucker list, if it can be called that, is split into three parts:  part 1. finally seeing all the bands I was too up myself to catch in the seventies.  Of the last 4, three finally came about due to reformations - Bad Company, Family and Mott The Hoople.  One remains and will forever - Free.  As an aside, I’ve now made a further list including Uriah Heap, Wishbone Ash and the long shot but fingers crossed of Black Sabbath.  Part 2 is sporting, attending the Indy 500 and a Bufallo Bills NFL game.  Part three is more of an ambition, to build or renovate a mellotron

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

The only thing on my bucket list is to find out what the heck a mellotron is, without the use of the internet.

I doubt the semi-circle of friends I have would know, and I can't remember what I did with that encyclopedia I got for Xmas 1978!  🤣

I can help you there.  Waterstones have a book on the subject in stock.  It's called Mellotron.

14 minutes ago, KaiserBillsBatman said:

I can help you there.  Waterstones have a book on the subject in stock.  It's called Mellotron.

Sadly... and somewhat embarrassingly... I caved in almost immediately, and just Googled it! But thanks anyway!   🤣

PS:
Good luck.  😁👍

I want to travel more, loads of places I want to explore, not so much the cities as the countryside.

I must go to Germany, there is a castle there that specifically calls out to me, as if I remember it from another life, Wewelsburg Castle in Westphalia.  The castle in the Wolfenstein game is modeled after it, I recently learned.  In the war, it was Himmler's pet bucket list project.

6 hours ago, Day said:

I can see one slight problem with this, although I don’t mind helping you by doing the writing. Anything for an e-friend.

In 10+ years on here your writing has never made me laugh, but I have enjoyed your ‘Harry Hill’ type escapades. Very funny.

37 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

In 10+ years on here your writing has never made me laugh, but I have enjoyed your ‘Harry Hill’ type escapades. Very funny.

My humour is too dark for this forum. You will need all the help you can get if you’re serious about this. Not thought about driving a bus or something instead?

4 minutes ago, Day said:

My humour is too dark for this forum. You will need all the help you can get if you’re serious about this. Not thought about driving a bus or something instead?

I doubt, given my spacial awareness I could drive a bus. I know because of my record they wouldn’t let me drive a school bus.

20 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Love this, hope it goes well

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7