25 Man Squad

DCFC1388

So who will actually make our 25 man squad? Ive thought all this time that Rooney wouldnt be classed as a player within the 25 man criteria but turns out its anyone born on or after Jan 1st 2004 meaning Rooney would also count. Here is an article about the rules - 

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/what-are-the-efl-squad-rules-for-202425-loanee-limits-home-grown-players-and-how-many-subs-are-allowed

If we are also looking at bringing in a striker that means we can only register 24 with the deadline being 11pm tonight (24hrs after the window shuts)

My 24 would be:

GK (2) - JWZ Vickers

DEF (9) - Phillips Nelson Cashin Bradley Nyambe Elder Forsyth Wilson Ward

MID (5) - Osborn Goudmijn Ozoh Adams Thompson

FWD (8) - Yates Collins Jackson NML CBT Harness Barkhuizen Chirewa

Brown wouldnt need to be registered. Leaves out Luthra, Rooney & Washington

Edited by DCFC1388

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Correct. Any permanent player born in 2003 or more recently doesn't have to be registered.

Bardell is the only player from our U21 squad who would also need to be registered to play.

The article i posted says 1st Jan 2024 so Rooney would need to be registered too

39 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

The article i posted says 1st Jan 2024 so Rooney would need to be registered too

It looks to have been derived from an error in the EFL 24/25 Regualtions. It's defined by two different years dependant on which section you look at:

Screenshot_20240831_175959_Drive.thumb.jpg.507d6fe74a550338d68e608a9bd11ce2.jpg

Screenshot_20240831_180216_Drive.thumb.jpg.4f571efc78e7473f064377965bbd7b94.jpg

The first of these two definitions is correct.

It's also correct in previous editions. For example, where it states 2001 for the 22/23 season, implying 2003 for 24/25. This section is the one which was incorrectly updated in the 2nd screenshot above.

Screenshot_20240831_180905_Drive.thumb.jpg.5b77064c6031aa84f92cce2a8f6caf9a.jpg

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

According to PW speaking to Radio Derby after the match, unless someone amazing suddenly becomes a free agent he knows who is currently available and he's happy with the squad he's got.

I didnt really get that comment as he said the sauad is full & it would mean having to leave someone out until Jan....but then went on to say if an unreal free agent became available he would look at it, butto do that he would have to leave someone out of the squad now as the deadline to register is tonight so a free agent wouldnt be able to join anyway

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I didnt really get that comment as he said the sauad is full & it would mean having to leave someone out until Jan....but then went on to say if an unreal free agent became available he would look at it, butto do that he would have to leave someone out of the squad now as the deadline to register is tonight so a free agent wouldnt be able to join anyway

I think he was leaving bases open, but it came across to me as the book is closed - we have who we have.

11 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

So who will actually make our 25 man squad? Ive thought all this time that Rooney wouldnt be classed as a player within the 25 man criteria but turns out its anyone born on or after Jan 1st 2004 meaning Rooney would also count. Here is an article about the rules - 

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/what-are-the-efl-squad-rules-for-202425-loanee-limits-home-grown-players-and-how-many-subs-are-allowed

If we are also looking at bringing in a striker that means we can only register 24 with the deadline being 11pm tonight (24hrs after the window shuts)

My 24 would be:

GK (2) - JWZ Vickers

DEF (9) - Phillips Nelson Cashin Bradley Nyambe Elder Forsyth Wilson Ward

MID (5) - Osborn Goudmijn Ozoh Adams Thompson

FWD (8) - Yates Collins Jackson NML CBT Harness Barkhuizen Chirewa

Brown wouldnt need to be registered. Leaves out Luthra, Rooney & Washington

That may well be the squad Warne will name. But I don't think he'll risk having only two keepers named in the squad. So Luthra will probably be the 25th name on that list

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

So Al Imhardy was made up then?

Or was Harness the consolation prize?

I think you misunderstand.  He was discussing ongoing - i.e. players without a club - procurement of players (outside the window).

No one of interest at the moment and who we have we have.

No comment whatsoever about who we might have had had they/their clubs agreed.

1 hour ago, CBX1985 said:

I think you misunderstand.  He was discussing ongoing - i.e. players without a club - procurement of players (outside the window).

No one of interest at the moment and who we have we have.

No comment whatsoever about who we might have had had they/their clubs agreed.

What is it I haven't understood?

Apparently Warne said we don't have enough room in the squad to bring anyone else in..I haven't heard that myself, I read that on here.

If we are at max capacity and it was said on here by our resident ITks that we were pushing for Al Hamardy, my question was, was the Al Hamradi interest false, or, did we get the ex Burton lad from Ipswich because they weren't prepared to release the Iraqi fella.

What's not to understand.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Apparently Warne said we don't have enough room in the squad to bring anyone else in..I haven't heard that myself, I read that on here.

If we are at max capacity and it was said on here by our resident ITks that we were pushing for Al Hamardy, my question was, was the Al Hamradi interest false, or, did we get the ex Burton lad from Ipswich because they weren't prepared to release the Iraqi fella.

The City fans said they were in for Al Hamadi too.

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The topic being discussed.  Warne was asked "have you enough room in your squad for more players that are out of contract" "are you looking at any players without a club at this time?"  Warne: No and no; well should someone incredible come up then, yes; but that does not seem likely".

Al Hamradi plays for Ipswich and so by definition is not "without a club".  

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The comments from Warne leading up to the deadline suggested we would try to sign only 1 forward player (a 9, 10, or 7/11), with a CF being preferred. After missing out on Al Hamadi, we got Harness instead.

On 01/09/2024 at 11:34, MackworthRamIsGod said:

So Al Imhardy was made up then?

Or was Harness the consolation prize?

Al Hamadi has been in all 3 PL matchday squads, on the bench and has come on in all 3 (74mins, 81 mins and 83 mins. 32 minutes, plus injury time, on the pitch). We, and others might have been interested but he seems to be getting playing time so was probably never likely to go out on loan.