Darren Robinson - Hartlepool Loan until Jan

16 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Bit of a weird one I assume it’s a 6 month loan in the hope he’ll boss national league level and then try get him on loan to a league 2 team. Hope he smashes it always been a bright prospect now it’s time to step up to men’s football.

They probably saw the advantages with Brown and Gateshead. 

Edited by Srg

12 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Bit of a weird one I assume it’s a 6 month loan in the hope he’ll boss national league level and then try get him on loan to a league 2 team. Hope he smashes it always been a bright prospect now it’s time to step up to men’s football.

Chance for him to get some minutes in senior football and then come back in January to reassess. Hopefully it’s a good move similar to Brown going to Gateshead last season.

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Good loan move however i thought we would wait until we got someone else in after Fornah went out on loan.

Hopefully it means an incoming centre mid is soon.

I wondered similar, with Fornah and Robinson going out on loan that’s our, what, 6th and 7th choice central midfielders gone? 
Might not seem urgent but if a couple of them were lost through injury and suspension it suddenly looks a little sparse in there. 
Good luck to him, hopefully he gets some minutes and comes back better for it in Jan, and in the mean time we sign a couple more bodies to strengthen the first team.

We'll hopefully add an attacking midfielder soon, but I remember when Warne was talking about the Fornah exit that if we were to lose a few to injury then there's the option to play with just the 2 in midfield with a no.10 ahead of them.

Hopefully will be a good loan for Robinson's development playing at one of the bigger conference clubs, who should be challenging this season.

If we don't sign anyone else in midfield and have an injury crisis, would also imagine we've  included a recall clause like we did with Dajaune Brown, that kicks in after 28 days.

There are also players in the u21's who could possibly step up like Morten Spencer or Alex Stepien-Iwumene.

Trust in Warne

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Disappointed he'll be playing non league. Should have been League 2 at the lowest. Hope he absolutely smashes it and has them near or at the top of the table, with some rave reviews. 

Think it’s just regular men’s football isn’t it more than level? 

He’ll play against some right horrible bastrds in that division that want to kick him up in the air. It’ll be a learning curve. 

I don’t have doubts on his technical ability but this will be good for developing how he copes with more physical players. 

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Think it’s just regular men’s football isn’t it more than level? 

He’ll play against some right horrible bastrds in that division that want to kick him up in the air. It’ll be a learning curve. 

I don’t have doubts on his technical ability but this will be good for developing how he copes with more physical players. 

He's going to have to learn how not to retaliate then! 

He has been skirting around the squad for a bit, so he is developing the skills, perhaps that physical side needs work, so it's great that he has got a good loan too.

We may have someone ready to be 6th choice or so, lined up in the Dev squad, someone who falls into the same category of Robinson when he first got bought into the squad. Skills getting there physical maybe not so much.

If not, this loan is still a real opportunity, and I hope that like with Brown we are increasingly excited him as a prospect in a few months time.