Vs Middlesbrough (H) Match Thread

DCFC1388

21 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

lets just say hypothetically, that it was the other way round and the boro player was running towards the ball and sonny bradley hit that pass too short trying to find vickers. Would you say thats a big mistake from bradley or would you say its a well created goal from boro ?

Vickers did exactly that in one of his first, maybe his very first, games at pride Park last season. 

IMO, that, and Jacko's, were well taken goals rather than well created ones.

30 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Vickers did exactly that in one of his first, maybe his very first, games at pride Park last season. 

IMO, that, and Jacko's, were well taken goals rather than well created ones.

i'm not disputing if it was a well taken goal or not (i think it was)

i'm saying that we were given the chance to score rather than created the chance to score.

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

i'm saying that we were given the chance to score rather than created the chance to score.

Which is what I said too. We agree. Although I did make a slight error in the post to which you replied. I meant Bradley, not Vickers, with his too short back pass last season.. 

Edited by MadAmster

6 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

I disagree, Jackson headed the ball clear from just inside our penalty area, then instead of just standing there, he chased his own clearance for over 15 yards. This resulted in the Boro player receiving the ball with Jackson hurtling towards him and only 2 yards away from him. He was forced into turning round and making a hurried back pass to his keeper which either was well short or the keeper wasn't in the pre arranged position, as it has previously been noted that their keeper was often in the centre circle when they were attacking.

Either way, they were pressured into their actions by Jackson's great actions and anticipation.

Virtually every goal conceded has an element of defenders giving the opposition the chance to score. Every chance that Boro had was a result of our defenders letting them have shots from distance, relying on Vickers to cope with the long shots. I don't remember them cutting us open once and if they did, you could argue that we gave them the chance because of poor marking or failing to follow the runner.