Vs Middlesbrough (H) Match Thread

DCFC1388

1 hour ago, DCFC Kicks said:

They had the ball for vast amounts of time withing 25 yards of our goal. We were lucky in the sense that it was on Boro to find the final pass, and they didn't. The game was in their hands because they had the ball. We were just hoping they couldn't find the end ball. We were lucky that they couldn't.

No credit for our defending then?

Fact 1, no team can score without possession of the ball, but ...............................

Fact 2, no team has ever had zero percent possession throughout a game, so every team with lower possession stats can score, as we did on Saturday.

Incidently, take a look at the match stats for Burnley's 5 nil slaughter of Cardiff on the same day. Who had the most possession, most shots, fewest shots off target, most corners, etc?    CARDIFF

As we saw under the likes of Cocu and Rooney, possession for possession's sake is vastly over hyped.

If you listened carefully on Saturday, you would have heard disgruntled Boro fans frustrated with their team's tactics, as early as towards the end of the first half/

27 minutes ago, Archied said:

Ah that Jackson fella who latched on to the ball , ran the length of the pitch at warp speed , rounded the keeper and clinically slotted the ball in the net was a boro player in the wrong colour shirt ,,, now I see where your coming from😂😂😂😂

Yeah exactly that. Nothing we created, just something boro gave us

40 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Awwww man please can we stop it?! We get it @DCFC Kicks and @Chris_Martin, we really do, you don’t rate Warne in the slightest and don’t want to give him credit in anyway for securing 3 points on Saturday. We hear you, as far as you’re concerned it was down to nothing but luck and that’s it.

Fine, that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. And everyone who thinks there is some credit due to Warne is entitled to their opinions. No one appears to be changing their mindset to that of the other, call it a difference of opinion and move on…. Pretty please?! 🙏 

Agreed and whilst it stifles open debate a little, the only way I can avoid taking the bait and responding to certain posters excessively negative comments is to put them on ignore.

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Agreed and whilst it stifles open debate a little, the only way I can avoid taking the bait and responding to certain posters excessively negative comments is to put them on ignore.

I’m not claiming to be holier than thou of course, I’ve been drawn into many a circular….ahem… discussion on this forum including this very one. Just think it’s very apparent no one is changing anyone’s mind here and it’s best to call it a vital 3 points secured whether we’re team “give the manager and team a bit of credit” or team “it was pure luck and nothing more”. Onto the next one on Saturday, hoping for another point or 3 whatever method or divine intervention decides.

3 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Yeah exactly that. Nothing we created, just something boro gave us

They gave us nothing , they had the ball in they’re possession, messed up and we punished them for it , score more than you concede is the be all and end of football, ask any sacked manager ,

we all have choice whether to buy a ticket or not , I enjoyed Saturday, if a time comes I don’t enjoy games I won’t go anymore but I certainly won’t be bitching and moaning about it on a forum trying to convince people that they shouldn’t enjoy supporting their team by going to games because really that’s what this comes down to , your not just expressing and opinion on a match day thread you are banging on and on at people to convince them that they shouldn’t be enjoying seeing the rams win 

They didn't give us the goal, it wasn't a terrible back pass to the goalie whilst under no pressure, going into the goal. It was Jackson chasing down his own clearance and forcing their player into making a poor back pass, which he capitalised on. If he'd just headed the ball clear from the corner and stayed on the edge of our penalty area, there would have been no goal.

We soaked up the pressure, restricting them to long distance shots at goal, Vickers played well but didn't have to make any worldy saves, then aiming to catch them on the break with our speedy forwards, which we did once rather successfully.

59 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

No, Leeds were not attempting a low block when then lost the Boro. They had 56% possession. 

Hoping an opponent hits a short back pass is not a legitimate tactic. 

There are many different ways you can play a football game. It doesn't have to either park the bus or gung-ho. Why are you assuming that would be the alternate way to how we played? 

If you can't see we were lucky to win that game then we'll just have to disagree. 

I'd like to know how you thought Warne planned to score that game through our own endeavour not through their mistakes.

So .. Leeds tactics were inferior to ours then ? Once again QED 

Defending deeply and looking for a breakaway IS a legitimate tactic ( oooh fancy that it worked 🤣

We didn’t employ just a “low block”. We defended across the whole width of the pitch 

I think we had a stroke of luck with the poor back pass (but skilfully took full advantage of it ) that’s football. There are and will be games where we are unlucky. Even without it we would have had a creditable draw against a better equipped side. 

I think Warne knew he was up against it with Boro’s attacking flair and hoped for the stroke of luck / breakaway; that we got, or conversely a moment of magic from say Wilson, Ozoh or Nate. Regardless, he set us up tactically to nullify Boro and succeeded .. Tactics geddit ? 

Boro’s manager has admitted that they just didn’t have enough to unlock us. Our tactics worked ! 

I won’t be responding further, you’re boring me. In my opinion you have a deliberate and considered negative stance, a perverse desire to beat the manager despite us winning a difficult encounter. You demonstrate little appreciation of the ebb and flow of football, it’s financial imbalances and a poor assessment of team play and tactics. In short you are very tiresome, lack imagination and bring little of substance to a debate. 
If you were a detective you’d decide who the culprit was and then try and make the evidence fit your accusation. Oh, and I doubt your implied allegiance. WUM

35 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

🤣🤣🤣That is the very definition of them giving us something

Nope ! We took advantage of their weakness. They didn’t give it to us, they failed.  Jacko scored that goal by virtue of sharp wits, strong running, perseverance and a cool finish. That wasn’t a gift. 

56 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I am not putting anyone on ignore via electronic means. I’ve said my piece now though and will ignore them without changing any settings. I like people having opinions but scratched records are pretty useless. I suppose if you sit back and think, they are quite amusing in a mildly painful way. It’s hard not taking the bait sometimes though 🤪 🤣🤣 (guilty as charged milud)

55 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m not claiming to be holier than thou of course, I’ve been drawn into many a circular….ahem… discussion on this forum including this very one. Just think it’s very apparent no one is changing anyone’s mind here and it’s best to call it a vital 3 points secured whether we’re team “give the manager and team a bit of credit” or team “it was pure luck and nothing more”. Onto the next one on Saturday, hoping for another point or 3 whatever method or divine intervention decides.

You’re not holier than thou but you are a flipping saint !

26 minutes ago, jono said:

So .. Leeds tactics were inferior to ours then ? Once again QED 

Defending deeply and looking for a breakaway IS a legitimate tactic ( oooh fancy that it worked 🤣

We didn’t employ just a “low block”. We defended across the whole width of the pitch 

I think we had a stroke of luck with the poor back pass (but skilfully took full advantage of it ) that’s football. There are and will be games where we are unlucky. Even without it we would have had a creditable draw against a better equipped side. 

I think Warne knew he was up against it with Boro’s attacking flair and hoped for the stroke of luck / breakaway; that we got, or conversely a moment of magic from say Wilson, Ozoh or Nate. Regardless, he set us up tactically to nullify Boro and succeeded .. Tactics geddit ? 

Boro’s manager has admitted that they just didn’t have enough to unlock us. Our tactics worked ! 

I won’t be responding further, you’re boring me. In my opinion you have a deliberate and considered negative stance, a perverse desire to beat the manager despite us winning a difficult encounter. You demonstrate little appreciation of the ebb and flow of football, it’s financial imbalances and a poor assessment of team play and tactics. In short you are very tiresome, lack imagination and bring little of substance to a debate. 
If you were a detective you’d decide who the culprit was and then try and make the evidence fit your accusation. Oh, and I doubt your implied allegiance. WUM

At first I thought it was about Warne but I’m pretty certain now that it isn’t , it’s about winding fans up , fans who are very happy with a result , it’s about trying to deflate fans who may look at that game and think perhaps we can mould a team spirit that elevates us beyond what we can relatively spend and stay up and build further , it s about telling us that wins and points don’t matter we are crxp,

once you get your head round that it’s no problem, just banter them back and laugh , everyone around me in the east stand on Saturday was buzzing and had a smile and a spring in theyre step on the walk away from the ground , a couple of people on here playing silly buggers matters not a jot , I honestly just see them as the back and forth we have with the away fans on match day , often mildly amusing 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Archied

31 minutes ago, jono said:

Nope ! We took advantage of their weakness. They didn’t give it to us, they failed.  Jacko scored that goal by virtue of sharp wits, strong running, perseverance and a cool finish. That wasn’t a gift. 

Come on mate, they literally gave us the ball and therefore chance to score