Transfer rumours

14 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Agreed with those positions - although I still harbour a dream we play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 instead of wing backs. A LF is therefore a requirement.

I just believe that CBT and NML are wingers - not strikers, not inside forwards - they're wingers and to get the best from them, that is where they need to play.

Agreed.

3 minutes ago, jono said:

what’s everyone’s overall view of the window so far ?

I reckon midfield wise if we secure Ebou we’ve done well. The Nyambe re signing gives us a bit more defensive cover and security. 

Upfront I remain a bit windy knowing little about Yates and Jackson ? … Are we missing firepower ?

Happy so far - we're heading towards a decent-looking squad, goalie notwithstanding. They're all grafters by reputation, which I like. Yates is supposed to be a confidence player, so Warne's natural charisma and quality jokes should bring out the best in him. Jackson should be more of a winger and that takes some pressure off NML.

We lost 6 first-teamers in the summer and we've signed 5, including Ebou, so we're still looking flimsy if/when we're hit with injuries. Hopefully we've got 6? more players to come in.

No offence to Washington but I hope we sign a forward good enough to push him out, maybe another to keep Collo as an effective sub.

There are still question marks over Elder's ability to stay fit, Forsyth competing at Champ level again, Fornah stepping up, and Thompson staking more of a claim. Also, whether Brown will go out on loan or not. LB, CM, CF, definitely need some bodies, maybe a CB too.

Nyambe extending his deal shows good foresight. I'd be glad to see Nelson & Wilson extend soon too. I assume Forsyth, Bradley, Barkhuizen, Washington, and Collins will be gone next summer (Thompson & Fornah could leave too) so I'd like to see us anticipate those exits as well.

11 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

Nyambe extending his deal shows good foresight. I'd be glad to see Nelson & Wilson extend soon too. I assume Forsyth, Bradley, Barkhuizen, Washington, and Collins will be gone next summer (Thompson & Fornah could leave too) so I'd like to see us anticipate those exits as well.

Leave some room for Academy players?

A permanent striker is a must for me. Yates can’t play in the first three games, and that leaves Washington and Collins, as I expect Brown to go out on loan to a League 1 club (hopefully with a January recall clause slotted in). Otherwise you’re expecting non-strikers to fill in like NML/Jackson.

Another CB would be useful, but wouldn’t be too worried if we didn’t get one in, unless Brighton come back in for Cashin without a loan back option.

Left (wing) back has a question mark over it for me, but tonight’s friendly might give an indication as to whether Osborn plays there or in midfield. With only a seemingly injury prone Elder and Forsyth who can play there, I think we need a starter here.

Another winger would also be nice, but again, there’s 4 options here, so you’d think that would be enough. Shame there doesn’t seem to be an academy product for here, yet.

The rumour of another midfield option coming in would point to Fornah and/or Robinson to go out.

I wonder if we are still linker with this "danish striker" or if it was a mix up with the midfield lad who signed for PNE? Either way I think we need 1 more (main) striker and A couple good loans centrally, although I would to see Fapetu get some game time because out of the youngsters (along with Brown and Weston) he's really stood out for me.

37 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Agreed with those positions - although I still harbour a dream we play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 instead of wing backs. A LF is therefore a requirement.

I just believe that CBT and NML are wingers - not strikers, not inside forwards - they're wingers and to get the best from them, that is where they need to play.

I also agree. I'd like a 433. I think Osborn Ebou and Kenzo would make a good three and would have good value.

Ebou as the ball winner in the centre, Osborn as the box to box midfielder to the left and Kenzo as a roaming playmaker. 

2 hours ago, jono said:

what’s everyone’s overall view of the window so far ?

I reckon midfield wise if we secure Ebou we’ve done well. The Nyambe re signing gives us a bit more defensive cover and security. 

Upfront I remain a bit windy knowing little about Yates and Jackson ? … Are we missing firepower ?

Pretty good start. Say the season was to start next week when the Adams deal is done you’d be starting something like 

Vickers

Osborn Nyambe Cash Nels wilso

goudmijn Adams Thompson 

NML Jackson

bench 

keeper Collo Fozzy Ward Yates Rooney Sonny Barky Elder 

extras wash and Fornah

if we can ship the 2 extras out I’d be looking for another striker another midfielder another goalkeeper and we aren’t far off

5 minutes ago, SK47 said:

I wonder if we are still linker with this "danish striker" or if it was a mix up with the midfield lad who signed for PNE? Either way I think we need 1 more (main) striker and A couple good loans centrally, although I would to see Fapetu get some game time because out of the youngsters (along with Brown and Weston) he's really stood out for me.

Fapetu has left Derby, confirmed around 30 minutes.

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Interesting to see who the next midfielder will be, assuming Ebou and Goudmijn are starters.

I wonder how much game time Thommo will get ? 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Leave some room for Academy players?

Well, I'd certainly like to see some come through. Maybe the futures of Brown, Weston, Allen, Bartley, etc will be clearer in a year's time. I'd missed that Darren Robinson is actually listed in the first team squad now so we should see more of him.

6 minutes ago, SK47 said:

Sorry to break it but Fapetu has been released.

Few new incomings for the U21s though that I think might go under the radar. Norwegian midfielder Morten Spencer - wonder if he was one of the Scandinavians we went to scout 😂 seem to be 19/20 so presumably signed for the U21s with the shorter term step up to the 1st team in mind? Alex Stepien-Iwumene has been training with the first team as well so maybe one we think will be on the fringes.

Hopefully see a few of them on the pitch tonight.

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

I think you are in cloud cuckoo land if you think we will sign 5 or 6 more starters. What absolute nonsense 

Since you don't think we'll even sign 5 new starters, which 7 do you want to start the majority of our games this season?

Vickers
Nelson   Bradley   Cashin
Ward   Goudmijn   Osborn   Elder
Jackson   Mendez-Laing
Yates

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Since you don't think we'll even sign 5 new starters, which 7 do you want to start the majority of our games this season?

Vickers
Nelson   Bradley   Cashin
Ward   Goudmijn   Osborn   Elder
Jackson   Mendez-Laing
Yates

Looking at that line-up, you could argue we need at a minimum x4 more starters: GK, CB, CM, ST

Another CM and another attacking player to play behind the striker also probably needed.

So surely there's going to be at least 6 more signings? 

Be interested to know if there's any update on the Danish/Swedish players @Big Travmentioned?

13 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Guessing or heard something ?

I know a fair few people on Chesterfield end, and they were in contact with us for him pretty early on in the window, and it looks quite likely that he will end up there. Just presume it’s waiting on us getting in who we want and potentially any more offers, but from what I know he will be going there

3 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

Not getting as much as some of us thought then if this is correct. One would assume it’s 1 million not 1 pound 🤣

IMG_2711.jpeg

He has missed a 5 off. It is £15 million plus £5 million in add ons.