Transfer rumours

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah, I was just proving how much fact is talked by some. 🙂 I'm not surprised if he doesn't get masses of game time, he's still young - bit older than Kenzo? - with a lack of experience as an attacking mid.

Hasn't started a single league game.

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

I still don’t understand why everyone leaves it to the last bloody day to try and do so much business. 

I blame the players! 😄

Just think of all the fun we've had down the years watching for the last minute signings. Does Sky Sports News still have a reporter stationed where-ever Harry Redknap is to stick a microphone through the car window to try for a scoop? 😄

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Yes and.

Yes and when he went some of our fan base said we would regret it and he would rip the league to shreds when a manager allows him to play as a 10. Goals would flow and we would see the player Warne should have used as a 10 but wouldn't because he is such a poor manager and would prefer to see him at left back lumping it up front.

I like sibley but if he was the player we all hoped he would be, he wouldn't be on the bench for Oxford only playing in cup games.

Just now, KBB said:

Yes and when he went some of our fan base said we would regret it and he would rip the league to shreds when a manager allows him to play as a 10. Goals would flow and we would see the player Warne should have used as a 10 but wouldn't because he is such a poor manager and would prefer to see him at left back lumping it up front.

I like sibley but if he was the player we all hoped he would be, he wouldn't be on the bench for Oxford only playing in cup games.

How much time do we give young players, Wilson say? He's got a good deal and hopes to play an attacking role. I'd have rather he'd been given the chance to do that here. 

7 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I still don’t understand why everyone leaves it to the last bloody day to try and do so much business. 

Clubs, players and agents hold off making decisions in the hope of a better offer from elsewhere.

Clubs won't let a player go until they already have a replacement in the door. Unless we get a striker in, neither Wash nor Daj will be going out on loan.

Early season injuries see clubs unwilling to let players leave.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

How much time do we give young players, Wilson say? He's got a good deal and hopes to play an attacking role. I'd have rather he'd been given the chance to do that here. 

So would I, however the use of sibley as a 10 became more of a stick to beat Warne with rather than looking for sibley to have a chance.

The player sibley is now is not the player I hoped he would be, hence why when he left the club he went to Oxford to sit on the bench for league games.

Why do posters post crap from FLW. They have had us getting what seems like >30 players in this summer. They are almost always wrong. FLW is full of made up stories, speculation and rehashes from stuff posted by, very often, equally unreliable "sources".

Just now, MadAmster said:

Why do posters post crap from FLW. They have had us getting what seems like >30 players in this summer. They are almost always wrong. FLW is full of made up stories, speculation and rehashes from stuff posted by, very often, equally unreliable "sources".

They have no sources, it's either regurgitated from elsewhere (believe this was Witcoop) or they're opinion pieces disguised as rumours.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Wages is probably our biggest problem. From what I’ve heard the board has imposed a hard limit of 10k a week for new signings, with most being offered less than 8k. Probably why we’ve struggled so much in the window, I suspect we have the smallest budget in the league by a fair way.

This may tie in with what I’ve been told about the club’s pursuit of that Icelandic fella who ended up at Preston. They offered him £800k more than us over a four year deal - rough maths that us about £4k a week more. 

49 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

Prem CB on loan looks likely - loan agreement reached just need the player to say yes and medical to be done 

Won't say a name just yet - very good signing if we get it over the line 

Any bids in for any of ours?