Transfer rumours

Could be/Probably won’t be nothing, however on Chirewas Instagram post where he is in the Derby announcement, Nigel Lonwijk has commented “🤝”. 

Think we were slightly linked to him earlier in the window and is a pacey CB, so could happen. Also thought out of everyone to comment, the handshake one was a bit odd.

Im more than likely reading way too much into that😂

1 minute ago, Fraser_23 said:

Could be/Probably won’t be nothing, however on Chirewas Instagram post where he is in the Derby announcement, Nigel Lonwijk has commented “🤝”. 

Think we were slightly linked to him earlier in the window and is a pacey CB, so could happen. Also thought out of everyone to comment, the handshake one was a bit odd.

Im more than likely reading way too much into that😂

That's what the rumour thread is for (I think!) 

Maybe, just maybe, the manager and coaches, who see our young players play and train everyday and who know what it takes to be a Championship footballer have decided that, at the moment, none of the academy, including Brown, are quite good enough for the first team. Maybe, just maybe, the manager, the coaches and the scouts have looked at some academy players at other clubs, some of whom have premier league experience (albeit limited), and decided they are better than what we have.  

The fact that we are bringing in youth from other teams on loan suggests that Warne is quite comfortable using young players if they are good enough. Its his job to decide whether he thinks our kids are good enough or not; I don't think he'd be doing that job particularly well if he just chucked a few kids in from the academy for the sake of it. Yes, I know you never know how good someone is until they play, but maybe that opportunity will come when we are consolidated in this league and have some space to breath. For now, we probably need to be risk averse. 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Well in terms of the 25 man squad we can name, if we bring in another 2 as expected then 1 'first teamer' wont get registered as that would be 26 players. Brown would not need to be in the 25 so I reckon Washington is likely to go.

We will have a new striker (hopefully), Yates & Collins all ahead of Washington plus Brown as 4th choice if we keep him around.

Who would want Washington though?

7 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Im assuming the #DCFC is for Ben Nelson a 6 foot 2, 20 year old centre back.

Could also be Cannon as a striker option. I see Yates as our main 9 this season so also a rotation option could be handy. Plus we’re local.

Just now, BWRam said:

Could also be Cannon as a striker option. I see Yates as our main 9 this season so also a rotation option could be handy. Plus we’re local.

Cannon being linked with a £7m sale. With all the will in the world, no chance whatsoever.

Id love Kasey McAteer but another one I imagine will go top of end of the league. 

2 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Im assuming the #DCFC is for Ben Nelson a 6 foot 2, 20 year old centre back.

A few games for their first team last season, with 411 mins across all competitions. 25 L2 games in 22/23, plus a couple in cup competitions.

Based on those L2 games, he's solid defensively, but weak in the air (although he was the youngest CB in the league with more than 400 minutes at the time). His passing and dribbling out from the back is very good. Decent crosser for a CB too.

He's about 6'4", so he should have room to improve on his main weakness from the L2 season. Right footed so would compete for RCB with Nelson (back 4) or Nelson/Nyambe (back 3). Given his experience to date, I don't think it's expected for him to start every week, although Leicester would obviously prefer it if he did.