Transfer rumours

54 minutes ago, Jram said:

Nicholas Pepe, former Arsenal £72 million man, is without a club and hasn’t ruled out a move to England. Would be a good back up for NML 

but Warne would play him as a striker.

4 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think it might be Tyrese Campbell

He’s been mentioned a few times hasn’t he?

Would be a bit of a punt but he’s a good age. Will still be grieving the loss of his dad.

Warne might be the right type of manager for him right now.

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Is it not Dembele since we know he's available on a free (not necessarily a free agent)?

Warne's profile of players he's looking for is my takeaway: 
Goalkeeper - Zetterstrom or Iversen + another. 
Centre Back - emphasis on quickness. 
Left (Wing) Back - SEcornerRam stated we had a loan offer put in. 
Number 10 - assume Dembele fits this. 
Striker - target man. 

Norwood, Campbell & McKenna don't fit the above narrative. Dembele does. 

The emphasis was on "free agent". As Dembele is contracted, he doesn't fit this category even if he may be available for free.

Tyrese Campbell is primarily a 9, despite also being capable in other forward positions. He also wins his fair share of aerial battles. The only concern is his injury record, which will be a major reason why he hasn't been signed by anyone yet.

It could be 'pacy' Paul Dummett at CB. I vaguely recall a link to him earlier in the transfer window. No doubt he'll be aiming to join a side battling for promotion, hence him currently having high wage demands

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Why would Cashin sideways step at this point? His next move should be to a better caliber of club than Hull.

I think his “Ceiling” would be a top 6 Championship team . He will have to learn to compensate for his lack of speed and become a consistent performer at Champ level . It could be with us .

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

He’s been mentioned a few times hasn’t he?

Would be a bit of a punt but he’s a good age. Will still be grieving the loss of his dad.

Warne might be the right type of manager for him right now.

He's averaged 6 a season over the last 5 years.

I've always liked him and he's a player I thought would go onto bigger things but for his fitness issues.

This was when Stoke had Tom f****** Ince stealing all the opportunities away from their other players, he started to thrive.as soon as Ince was dropped and/or f***** off to wherever his next s*** spell was but couldn't keep that form up and had fallen off the radar since.

Never been officially linked but John Percy is saying Harry Souttar will be leaving on. Not sure how “pacey” he is though. I remember there was forum talk of him and Longwijk early on in the window.

4 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Never been officially linked but John Percy is saying Harry Souttar will be leaving on. Not sure how “pacey” he is though. I remember there was forum talk of him and Longwijk early on in the window.

I dont think he is pacey. But hes about 9ft 3. 

10 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No t really mate.  He averages 6 a season.

And he really contributed 1 goal or assist every 153 minutes he was on the pitch during the last 5 years.

His issue is being able to stay fit (averaged less than 20 90s in those 5 seasons across all competitions) - hence his low goal return per season, but high return per minutes played.

10 minutes ago, Crewton said:

About the same as McGoldrick before he joined us then?

To be fair McGod joined us in League One for 2022/23 after scoring 15 Championship goals in the 18/19 Championship season and 10 goals in the Premier League across the 19/20 and 20/21 seasons.

As much as I like the idea of TC coming here and think the harsh analysis of him is wrong, him potentially signing for us is not comparable.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

3 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

To be fair McGod joined us in League One for 2022/23 after scoring 15 Championship goals in the 18/19 Championship season and 10 goals in the Premier League across the 19/20 and 20/21 seasons.

As much as I like the idea of TC and think the harsh analysis of him is wrong, him potentially signing for us is not comparable.

I wouldn't disagree, I was just demonstrating that stark statistics don't necessarily tell the whole story. Undoubtedly, Campbell's injury record would be a major concern.

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

I think his “Ceiling” would be a top 6 Championship team . He will have to learn to compensate for his lack of speed and become a consistent performer at Champ level . It could be with us .

Yes. I think it’s reasonable to hope Cashin will stay with us so long as we’re in the championship or PL 

32 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

And he really contributed 1 goal or assist every 153 minutes he was on the pitch during the last 5 years.

His issue is being able to stay fit (averaged less than 20 90s in those 5 seasons across all competitions) - hence his low goal return per season, but high return per minutes played.

Is a goal or assist every 2 1/2 hours that impressive.  We need more in my opinion.  We need someone to stick 15 goals in .