Transfer rumours

45 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

Agree totally, Northampton was the turning point, when Warne through critism finally dropped CH and he did not start another game, if he had then doubt if we would have been promoted. Adams made the difference for promotion.

Jesus, what does PW have to do to gain any praise? Do you honestly feel CH was dropped because of criticism rather than Warne could see he had started to struggle and needed a rest from the starting eleven?

31 minutes ago, Allen said:

Jesus, what does PW have to do to gain any praise? Do you honestly feel CH was dropped because of criticism rather than Warne could see he had started to struggle and needed a rest from the starting eleven?

He isn't criticising Paul Warne!?!

He is talking about Ebou being a key player and a main reason why we were promoted!

Even when being positive there are still people who jump on the opinions of others and pick the bones out.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He is talking about Ebou being a key player and a main reason why we were promoted!

Even when being positive there are still people who jump on the opinions of others and pick the bones out.

The implication Warne only dropped Hourihane because of fan criticism is pretty naïve to be fair, and does come across like trying to undermine Warne's success by giving the credit to fans that were whinging at the time?

21 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

The implication Warne only dropped Hourihane because of fan criticism is pretty naïve to be fair, and does come across like trying to undermine Warne's success by giving the credit to fans that were whinging at the time?

Probably didn't like the fact that CH decided to come over to the fans and tell them the players were trying?

Edited by RoyMac5

43 minutes ago, Allen said:

Certainly not criticising Warne, thankfully he took note with all the booing of the players at Northampton, afraid its a managers downfall to play the captain after their sell by date. Alf Ramsey who won the World Cup with England would not drop Bobby Moore, until finally Bobby Moore dropped his biggest clanger in the World Cup qualifer against Poland and England did not qualify for the finals, and in my view CH should not have started way before the Northampton game.

When we were 12th in the table the fans did start criticising and Warne did take note, Shrewsbury town away he would not go across to the fans for they were booing, and the atmospere was toxic. CH with the fans i am doing my best! but his best was not good enough.

Warne as a lot to proof next season and i for one want him to succeed, yes we scraped promotion, not very impresive at times but we got there.

Describing Adams as a defensive midfielder is a bit of a misnomer. Adams is an all-action midfielder who makes excellent defensive contributions but you're almost as likely to see him in the opposition's half as his own.

Screenshot_2024-06-14-17-32-23-234_com.android.chrome-edit.thumb.jpg.778ffa61822899513cd7aaab5fc756cb.jpg

Warne doesn't(or didn't last season) deploy someone as a 'defensive midfielder' because that implies someone's there to sit there screening the defence and/or spreading play the deep. It's not a secret that midfielders in his teams have to cover a lot of ground. 

Adams' energy makes it work but it's debatable whether you call that a tactical play or not - would anyone else be able to just slot in without it causing a very noticeable difference / downturn to our midfield performance? I think it's crucial we get him in tbh because I can't think of many players quite like him.

That said, we'll be facing better opposition next season so it could force him to play deeper more often, which we know he can do very well.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

The Dembele link is probably the most exciting one we’ve had all summer.

He looks full of pace and trickery and has the ability to unsettle defences but also to pick a pass.

I think that’s the key signing. Getting someone in the mould of Dembele / Azeez / Randall / Maghoma is much needed.

We need more creativity and more technical prowess, especially with Bird and Hourihane having left.

52 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Probably didn't like the fact that CH decided to come over to the fans and tell them the players were trying?

Well done Roy, reckon you got him there.

Even though he disguised it well by starting him many times after the Stevenage game, even the first one straight after I think, I reckon your right, PW dropped CH because he came over to the fans to tell them they are trying. 

8 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

Well done Roy, reckon you got him there.

Even though he disguised it well by starting him many times after the Stevenage game, even the first one straight after I think, I reckon your right, PW dropped CH because he came over to the fans to tell them they are trying. 

Well done RR tediously stalking every post that might not be full of praise for our glorious leader. 😄

Or perhaps he just bided his time until there was a midfielder he could play instead. 😉

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well done RR tediously stalking every post that might not be full of praise for our glorious leader. 😄

Or perhaps he just bided his time until there was a midfielder he could play instead. 😉

To be honest, I like ones that make sense, debate the ones that are with posters that don't have a one track agenda or reply to the most stupid ones with a sarcastic answer.

Now you mention it, I can see why you think I'm stalking you 😉

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He hasn't said PW is being criticised, he's made an observation that he believes CH being dropped was a decision made by Warne and NOT us fans.

Not at all sure how that constitutes 'jumping on the opinions of others'. 

1 hour ago, Returning ram said:

To be honest, I like ones that make sense, debate the ones that are with posters that don't have a one track agenda or reply to the most stupid ones with a sarcastic answer.

Now you mention it, I can see why you think I'm stalking you 😉

Are you? I said 'every post', not just me mate. 😄 The proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

1 hour ago, Returning ram said:
2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

The Dembele link is probably the most exciting one we’ve had all summer.

He looks full of pace and trickery and has the ability to unsettle defences but also to pick a pass.

I think that’s the key signing. Getting someone in the mould of Dembele / Azeez / Randall / Maghoma is much needed.

We need more creativity and more technical prowess, especially with Bird and Hourihane having left.

Agree completely will be very happy with him