Transfer rumours

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

Granted it’s only the middle of June but as it stands, the squad looks very thin and primed for a huge rebuild so you would hope for a few early signings, one to settle people’s nerves and two, to allow some of the players to get a head start on settling in and bedding in over pre-season and getting match fitness.

It’s not crisis mode and far from it, but surely we ought to be seeing the benefit of having known our fate weeks before others. For instance, Oxford have already made their first signing official and they were promoted three weeks after we were.

I agree. We need most of team sorted and signed up before they report to pre season to enable them to gel and build cohesion so we can have a chance of us being up and running for the start of the season.

8 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Granted it’s only the middle of June but as it stands, the squad looks very thin and primed for a huge rebuild so you would hope for a few early signings, one to settle people’s nerves and two, to allow some of the players to get a head start on settling in and bedding in over pre-season and getting match fitness.

It’s not crisis mode and far from it, but surely we ought to be seeing the benefit of having known our fate weeks before others. For instance, Oxford have already made their first signing official and they were promoted three weeks after we were.

I suspect we have probably got some deals done - not ITK by the way!!  Earlier this week someone posted that the way we work now is to only announce deals when they’re registered.  CBT was used as an example where he’d been photographed in the kit 3 or 4 days before any announcement.  Think back to last Summer, Vickers, for example, was announced on 20th June but his Rams TV interview was done before his honeymoon in May.

I think it’s part of us, as a fan base, still adjusting to the more measured approach under DC’s ownership.

13 hours ago, KBB said:

Do people want me to make up some rumours to help ease any pain? They can be plausible or ludicrous based on preference

Eg. Derby are poised to swoop for che Adams on a 3 year deal.

I will let you decide which category thst one falls into.

OK HERE GO`S

I hear we are in for a dutch striker from Ajax,signing imminent 

(That should help me sell some Orange Dutch/Rams polo shirts Iv`e got left over from Cocus days )

As much as we all want early signings, today being the first day of the transfer window a little arbitrary. We could have announced it before if there was something to announce. I'd like to think we will have some sorted for when the players come back to training as that's the only really important time.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Ah the slightly more reliable link, suppose it should be in real transfer rumours, not gossip.

Worthy of it's own thread this one!

11 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Not another Wide -man ! Can’t we get a couple of Strikers in or some centre- midfield players ASAP ? 

Karamoko Dembele played as 10 behind 2 strikers for Blackpool all last year. So he’s in fact a midfielder.

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Karamoko Dembele played as 10 behind 2 strikers for Blackpool all last year. So he’s in fact a midfielder.

Most places saying , he is a winger . But I will take your word for it . Be nice if he could spray the ball about like Bird/ Hourihane. 

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Most places saying , he is a winger . But I will take your word for it . Be nice if he could spray the ball about like Bird/ Hourihane. 

Did you not see the Blackpool (H) game at the end of March? That's where most of us saw him play as a #10, as we had Ebou specifically man-mark him out the game as he was easily their biggest threat. Their lineup that day:image.png.f9daf39fbb9422c2b46e87a0d6bff7f7.png

4 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

IMG_4656.thumb.jpeg.9a6de74be6d3f0e5476c2b33f1a5a777.jpeg
He was a winger when he went viral for coming through so young at Celtic, but as seen attacking midfield is his best position. As Warne openly said on Talksport he loves singing players who can play a few positions and roles in multiple systems so I think this signing would make a lot of sense based off that.

1 hour ago, Ram-Alf said:

Hello all I'm standing outside Moor Farm...there's nowt to report 😊...Only...where's the fecking Sun gone 🥶

Just look for the signs, if you see people with corner flags and cameras that is a sure indication of a signing 😂😂

Edited by Elwood P Dowd