Contracted players next XI

Vickers 

Nyambe Nelson Cashin 

Wilson  Ebou Kenzo  Osbourne

Jackson Yates NML

13 subs: Rooney, Bradley, Fozzy, Ward, Elder, Thompson, Fornah, D. Robinson, CBT, Barkhuizen, Washington, Collins, Brown

Ebou for me walks into and helps transform our midfield.

The main question is will Osborn play as a box to box central midfielder or a left wing back. He also has be in the starting 11 just in which position?

Out: Loach, Wildsmith, Loach

In: JWZ*, + trialist? 

Out: Sibley

In: out and out LWB? 

Out: Ebou, Hourihane, Smith, Bird

In: Ebou, Kenzo, Ozoh*, Osborne

Out: TJJ, Gayle, Waghorn, CBT

In: Yates, Jackson, CBT 

4 more to come in if we go by Warnes 12 wanted. I think it’s evident from noises that were pushing for: 

Dembele or Bobby Clark type that can play behind the striker.

A big number 9 that can hold it up.

A CB with some pace.

A left wing back that isn’t made of glass. 

How would people feel going into the season with the above 4 added to the current squad? I perhaps think they’ll push for both a Dembele and a Clark as I don’t think his 12 includes CBT. 

Edited by IlsonDerby

On 17/07/2024 at 15:14, Gabby'sThighs said:

Vickers 

Nyambe Nelson Cashin 

Wilson  Ebou Kenzo  Osbourne

Jackson Yates NML

13 subs: Rooney, Bradley, Fozzy, Ward, Elder, Thompson, Fornah, D. Robinson, CBT, Barkhuizen, Washington, Collins, Brown

15 subs - Ozoh and young Jack Thompson, the U18s keeper who is currently training with the 1st XI.

Only 9 of which are allowed to be on the bench. For me, if fit, J Thompson, Rooney, Bradley, Ozoh, L Thompson, CBT, Barks, Collo. Brown. That, IMO, is some bench.

Jack Tommo will make room for either Vickers or the new keeper. Any of the rest could easily stake a claim to start and we have Foz, Fornah, CBT, Robinson and Wash as cover.

Looking ahead, Brown and Robinson might go out on loan with a January recall option.

So if we sign Zetterstrom & Ozoh, plus the positions Warne has mentioned already (LWB, CB, AM/W & FWD) we will have a first team squad of 27.

So either 2 first teamers (22+) will need to go or 2 of the incomings who are on permanent deals will need to be under 21 again depending on the cut off point. Also, it makes sense to use one of the young goalkeepers as 3rd choice.

We have to name a 25 man squad, u21s dont count unless they have joined on loan so if Ozoh signs he would be classed as part of the 25.

Edited by DCFC1388

19 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

So if we sign Zetterstrom & Ozoh, plus the positions Warne has mentioned already (LWB, CB, AM/W & FWD) we will have a first team squad of 27.

So either 2 first teamers (22+) will need to go or 2 of the incomings who are on permanent deals will need to be under 21 again depending on the cut off point. Also, it makes sense to use one of the young goalkeepers as 3rd choice.

We have to name a 25 man squad, u21s dont count unless they have joined on loan so if Ozoh signs he would be classed as part of the 25.

Goalkeepers don’t count either.