Early Realistic Aspirations for 24/25

On 25/05/2024 at 06:29, Van der MoodHoover said:

Very confusing question. Aspirations are to my mind oxymoronic to being realistic.

But, to play the game.... realistically we will have half a new team and possibly a whole new style of play.

So I aspire for them to settle quickly, get a few morale boosting early results and gather a bit of momentum because I also expect a flat to tailing off patch sometime during the season.

In fairness, aspirations are different from dreams. Dreams are oxymoronic to being realistic but you can have realistic aspirations i.e., a desire to achieve something feasible and reasonable. I think mid-table is a realistic aspiration with a top 10 finish unlikely but possible. 

58 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

My missus says we will 'do an Ipswich' next season and she is ALWAYS right(according to her).Putting a bet on us for play off glory!!!!

We are 25-1 to win the Championship .That looks a little generous after Warne’s recent interview, that has gave us all more hope of competing. But Burnley are 7-1 and racked up over 100 pts the season before last and then spent £100 mill on players . Becoming a yo-yo team. 

On 04/06/2024 at 23:00, DerbyAleMan said:

For me top half would be a good first season back in the championship, need to consolidate first season back, then in 3 to 5 years time, be banging on the door of the play offs. I for one can not wait for the new season to start. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

3 to 5 years time banging on the door of play offs? Not necessarily even making the play offs? Jeez how depressing.

Can I change my prediction?  I know I said mid table obscurity but there's something about that wry Warne grin he keeps flashing that tells me we will be in the promotion race.

53 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

3 to 5 years time banging on the door of play offs? Not necessarily even making the play offs? Jeez how depressing.

Pretty stable though?