Josh Windass

We're going to be linked with so many players this summer given the obvious holes in our squad and the fact that agents have traditionally used our names when touting their players around in the press.

Best to treat every rumour with a large pinch of salt unless interest is confirmed by Leigh Curtis or Dom Dietrich.

3 hours ago, Carnero said:

We're going to be linked with so many players this summer given the obvious holes in our squad and the fact that agents have traditionally used our names when touting their players around in the press.

Best to treat every rumour with a large pinch of salt unless interest is confirmed by Leigh Curtis or Dom Dietrich.

I should imagine they're in the dark as well.Warne keeps his cards close to his chest,quite rightly.

Technically a very sound player, but he’s a flat-track bully, which is why he puts up great numbers in League One, and has been hampered by inconsistency for his entire career. 

Assuming he wants to be paid going into the prime deal of his career? I just don’t like the fit. An already inconsistent player who’s struggled to impose himself in the Championship on relatively really good money and has no resale value. This is very much a signing in the Mel Morris era. 

Paul Warne said that they have been looking at championship standard players since January in preparation for going up. Josh Windass is not and will not ever be a championship standard player. Ebou Adams/Dwight Gayle for example are.. and I can imagine we will get rid of Waggy and keep Gayle, get rid of Wash and find a new potential replacement for Collo who I imagine won't be our number 1 striker for next season.

3 hours ago, SK47 said:

Paul Warne said that they have been looking at championship standard players since January in preparation for going up. Josh Windass is not and will not ever be a championship standard player. Ebou Adams/Dwight Gayle for example are.. and I can imagine we will get rid of Waggy and keep Gayle, get rid of Wash and find a new potential replacement for Collo who I imagine won't be our number 1 striker for next season.

Strikers.

I would give Collo 1y, keep Brown with the squad until Jan at least and then sign 2-3 new.

One of the new would be the play most weeks Collo upgrade (permanent).

Another would be quality prem loan, but these won’t generally be confirmed until late August so I would expect Gayle to train with a carrot of contract, also backup in case Prem loan does not happen.

None of these would be Windass IMO, prefer a younger with potential. Probably not from Champ due to cost.

Realistically, we can’t afford a finished article champ striker age <28 with potential to improve so should plan realistically.

If we can get an upgrade on Collo in next couple of weeks then fine. But don’t want to drag on toward July without any forwards contracted.

We seem to have become obsessed with signing players in the 22-28 age group and with good sell-on credentials…

All well and good, but to me the priority is getting players in who can keep us up/make us competitive and maybe in the second season make a run for promotion…

30 year olds will work just fine- if we go up we build again….

Jim Smith took us up and competitive with some older players…

Champo emphasizes more skill/composure than outright athleticism for 90 mins unlike L1….

He’s ok. He’s played a fair amount of Championship games, but never really had a particularly good season there.

If we are offering Collins a one year deal, then there isn’t really any point to signing Windass. 

If we don’t offer Collins a new deal, then Windass might be a decent option, if he’s happy to be a back up player.

23 hours ago, Carnero said:

Drama pooper!