Pre season

6 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

Liking what I am seeing of Ozoh already..👍

Yep.

CBT just lost the ball lazily/not concentrating.  Really want to see him 'at it' today.

Cashin misses a sitter.

Edit : CBT again.... really not at the pace of the gane yet.

Edited by Chester40

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

That's what they just said on Radio Derby. Seems a strange role for Barks. And is CBT really a wingback? But I guess experimentation is what preseason is for. 

Possibly. I suppose this is the time to experiment, if any. But after the Chesterfield debacle you'd like to perhaps see players getting a chance to get used to the position they're supposed to be playing in.

I have a funny feeling Warne doesn't quite know how he wants us to line-up yet, which is OK. But a bit concerning, too.

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

That's what they just said on Radio Derby. Seems a strange role for Barks. And is CBT really a wingback? But I guess experimentation is what preseason is for. 

2nd half NML for Barks and Tommo for CBT?

Confused how the ref is officiating this game, is he allowing the game to flow or not? Was giving every single touch in the first 10 mins but Ward just gets pulled to the ground and he gives nothing?

9 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Blackett-Taylor has been used there a couple of times under Warne this pre-season. Maybe to encourage him to do more defensive work?

Barkhuizen finished last season in the AM role too

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Possibly. I suppose this is the time to experiment, if any. But after the Chesterfield debacle you'd like to perhaps see players getting a chance to get used to the position they're supposed to be playing in.

I have a funny feeling Warne doesn't quite know how he wants us to line-up yet, which is OK. But a bit concerning, too.

I do agree, but hope they're at least doing all that behind closed doors. 

Radio Derby saying Shrewsbury "cut Derby open reminiscent of Chesterfield" (that augers well) before a rebound fell to Cashin who "blasted it" at Vickers, who saved that!? 

Goal Shrewsbury? 1-0 it is... 

Edited by Carl Sagan

Giving away so many fouls.

Can't seem to string any passes together either.

People on here are bashing CBt but every time the ball gets played to him its BLASTED at him and he's got a man a yard away. A lot of the time I'm not sure what he's supposed to do with it when he gets service like that.

Anyway, not hitting the panic button yet but it's enough pretty uninspiring performance and we're now 0-1 down.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Vickers completely wrong footed from the freecick. Aren't keepers supposed to trust the wall will do their just and gamble on it going towards the open side of the goal, then only react if it's going over the wall?

Cant complain about him there he moves to where the balls going and it deflects into the far side.

At least they are fit and can run around a lot after all these double sessions 🙄, don’t worry about being able to pass the ball to one another and retain it under pressure!