Pre season

On 16/07/2024 at 10:44, whiteroseram said:

I'm not sure how many hits a video of multiple people behind computers, collating reports and data and texting agents will get as many hits, but they could try I suppose 

Naaaaa they’ve got one of those war room maps and pictures of players being pushed with snooker rests by “young gals” with plummy voices saying angels 1-5 .. and a wind up telephone rings answered by a figure in shadow wearing a bobble hat .. “striker at 3.00 o’clock get on the blower to HQ”

On 12/07/2024 at 21:42, Boycie said:

Don’t give up, you might get a game next time mate.

I’m a nice lad and can do plenty of running , that guarantees me a start doesn’t it ? 

It was mentioned by a couple of people the other day that there’s a trialist keeper out in Spain with the squad. Dom Dietrich is out there for a couple of days doing some reporting for the beeb and shared the following image;

Because I’m sad I zoomed in and towards the back of the group there does appear to be someone running with GK gloves on, who isn’t Jack Thompson or Josh Vickers;

IMG_3629.jpeg

Good to hear from the young GK.  Difficult (and harsh!) to judge on the basis of one interview, but doesn't seem ready for the first team squad.  Hope he gets a good loan and continues to progress. Def one for the future 🙂 

Anyone else think Warne is conspicuously absent from a lot of the media coverage since pre season began? I’m not peddling a conspiracy theory or anything here as he’s clearly there taking training sessions and the like, I just have a memory of him doing a lengthy interview or two last summer whereas this time around I think there’s only been the Matlock post match interview. 

I’ll add as a caveat that I know some would prefer that he’s not interviewed much. Just strikes me as odd we’ve not had much from him on the new signings, the work at Moor Farm before flying out, and then anything this week in Spain. 

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Anyone else think Warne is conspicuously absent from a lot of the media coverage since pre season began? I’m not peddling a conspiracy theory or anything here as he’s clearly there taking training sessions and the like, I just have a memory of him doing a lengthy interview or two last summer whereas this time around I think there’s only been the Matlock post match interview. 

I’ll add as a caveat that I know some would prefer that he’s not interviewed much. Just strikes me as odd we’ve not had much from him on the new signings, the work at Moor Farm before flying out, and then anything this week in Spain. 

He's off to Newcastle when Howe gets the England job, if he doesn't come out and deny it we'll riot.

22 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

He did take part in a lengthy podcast with Owen and the other coaches before they left for Spain, so maybe they figured there's not much else for him to say until they get back?

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It was mentioned by a couple of people the other day that there’s a trialist keeper out in Spain with the squad. Dom Dietrich is out there for a couple of days doing some reporting for the beeb and shared the following image;

Because I’m sad I zoomed in and towards the back of the group there does appear to be someone running with GK gloves on, who isn’t Jack Thompson or Josh Vickers;

IMG_3629.jpeg

Maybe his hands are cold 

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Good to hear from the young GK.  Difficult (and harsh!) to judge on the basis of one interview, but doesn't seem ready for the first team squad.  Hope he gets a good loan and continues to progress. Def one for the future 🙂 

One of his comments was regarding nerves and realising the other first team players are just normal people. This is similar to how I perceived DBrown's step up to the first team and why his loan last season was vital. Cashin touched on it a few seasons back about not realising that he was good enough for the first team, as he felt he was only selected becuase there wasn't anyone else.

I mentioned last night how I reckon Jack needs 6 months around our first team (maybe with a cup appearance), before going on loan in January (ideally to L2) then L1 in 25/26. He should then be ready to step up to start for us in the Championship.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

One of his comments was regarding nerves and realising the other first team players are just normal people. This is similar to how I perceived DBrown's step up to the first team and why his loan last season was vital. Cashin touched on it a few seasons back about not realising that he was good enough for the first team, as he felt he was only selected becuase there wasn't anyone else.

I mentioned last night how I reckon Jack needs 6 months around our first team (maybe with a cup appearance), before going on loan in January (ideally to L2) then L1 in 25/26. He should then be ready to step up to start for us in the Championship.

I think you meant Premier League 😉

No, nobody else thinks that. As you were.

I did think we'd get a little interview on the first week, but we then got Matlock and the Podcast, and I'd imagine we'll get something else maybe post Stockport. So, nothing to be too puzzled about really.

Just now, Srg said:

I did think we'd get a little interview on the first week, but we then got Matlock and the Podcast, and I'd imagine we'll get something else maybe post Stockport. So, nothing to be too puzzled about really.

That’s pretty much where I was at in my thinking, I had assumed we’d get a more formal “welcome back to pre season” type interview.
Was on my lunch and bored so thought I’d see if anyone else had thought similar. Consensus seems to be, “nope”.

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

IMG_3629.jpeg

Did I read on here that this might be Jordan Amissah?

(Ex-Sheffiled United keeper who was reportedly training with Partick Thistle at the beginning of this month)

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Did I read on here that this might be Jordan Amissah?

(Ex-Sheffiled United keeper who was reportedly training with Partick Thistle at the beginning of this month)

Yes you did

I agree slightly as last season we did get a long interview just before pre season. But as others said I think the podcast “one club” was similar to that. I’d imagine Dom will have a chat to him today or tomorrow though.

Similar to Southgate so maybe a consideration for the FA and the Press would love him