Bernard Hill - RIP

49 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Bernard Hill has died aged 79 - he may have been in Titanic and Lord of the Rings, but to my generation, he'll always be 'Yosser' Hughes - an absolutely masterful performance - RIP 

spacer.png

Gissa job I can do that

27 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

Gissa job I can do that

Thing is, that catchphrase became just a comedic thing when i was a kid, but watching the episode again as an adult it was heartbreaking and deeply moving. The whole thing really captured the damage that the Tories did to the mental health of a generation of people (mostly men) who suddenly found themselves on the scrap heap as the unemployment rate went through the roof

49 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Thing is, that catchphrase became just a comedic thing when i was a kid, but watching the episode again as an adult it was heartbreaking and deeply moving. The whole thing really captured the damage that the Tories did to the mental health of a generation of people (mostly men) who suddenly found themselves on the scrap heap as the unemployment rate went through the roof

To a 14 year old me the gissa job and headbutting was funny, but I was shocked watching it again as an adult to realise the absolute tragedy of Yossers position had gone right over my head.

His King Theoden was very good too.