Record Breakers

Kernow

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

I believe that with us now sitting on 86 points, we have set a new Club record for most points in a season.

When we end the season on 92 points, we’d have broken our previous record by 7 whole points. Not bad going at all!

Yes, it was mentioned to Warne on the Radio Derby interview.

He replied something about most points, most set pieces, best looking manager aside, what we will really be judged on is promotion. (I paraphrase!) It was quite amusing.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

He replied something about most points, most set pieces, best looking manager aside, what we will really be judged on is promotion. (I paraphrase!) It was quite amusing.

He also threw in a warne-ism about handing back his car keys if he hadn't, which i took to be tounge in cheek.

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

He's not wrong, the promotion bit I mean, the ladies can decide on the looks bit.

We could get to 90 points, but if we don't get promoted it means nothing.

In the 1955-56 season in division three north we had 28 wins, 7 draws and 11 defeats giving us 63 points.

Today this would give us 91 points, so this is the one to beat with 2 games to go.

We also scored 110 goals, but we only finished second behind Grimsby Town so we weren’t promoted that season.

The following season we finished top on 63 points but with 26 wins and 11 draws, (89 points now).

The other season where we finished on 63 points, 26 wins and 11 draws ( 89 points now) was in 1968-69 but this was achieved from just 42 matches.

7 minutes ago, AndyB said:

That 1968/69 tier 2 89 points equivalent from only 42 games was an amazing season, well over 2 points per game average. Decent manager then of course!

I wonder if opposition fans back then complained about us signing one of the greatest British players of all time (David Mackay), plus former England internationals Alan Hinton and Frankie, Frankie Wignall (la la la la la, la la)?

9 minutes ago, AndyB said:

That 1968/69 tier 2 89 points equivalent from only 42 games was an amazing season, well over 2 points per game average. Decent manager then of course!

It’s also my first season.