International Break

As I am sure everyone on here knows, we play Bolton at home March 16th....however, this is during the international break. 

Is there any chance this gets postponed? If so, when are we likely to find out?

Both us & Bolton have had games postponed previously due to call ups. From our squad we potentially have NML, Cashin & Robinson who could get called up. Bolton have had 5 players called up previously.

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

As I am sure everyone on here knows, we play Bolton at home March 16th....however, this is during the international break. 

Is there any chance this gets postponed? If so, when are we likely to find out?

Both us & Bolton have had games postponed previously due to call ups. From our squad we potentially have NML, Cashin & Robinson who could get called up. Bolton have had 5 players called up previously.

International break is the week after.

NML has already pulled out of the Guatemala squad.

Edited by Foreveram

13 minutes ago, MidWalesRam said:

Our game at Northampton on the 23rd will probably be postponed, but not the Bolton game.

I'm not so sure it will. With NML out of the Guatemalan friendlies, who else is there to go? Washington is injured and I'm not sure if our African players are due to go on international duty, but 3 of them must go for it to be postponed.

18 minutes ago, JPRamFan said:

I'm not so sure it will. With NML out of the Guatemalan friendlies, who else is there to go? Washington is injured and I'm not sure if our African players are due to go on international duty, but 3 of them must go for it to be postponed.

Carlos Richards (Gibraltar U21), Cruz Allen (Wales U17 or higher), Darren Robinson and Charlie Lindsay (N.Ireland U21)

Are we likely to want to continue to go ahead with the Northampton game if possible, rather than have to squeeze in an unnecessary midweek match before the end of the season?

NML is staying, Washington and Nyambe probably won't be fit anyway.

However, Collins and Fozzy will likely have recovered for any rearranged game.

19 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Are we likely to want to continue to go ahead with the Northampton game if possible, rather than have to squeeze in an unnecessary midweek match before the end of the season?

NML is staying, Washington and Nyambe probably won't be fit anyway.

However, Collins and Fozzy will likely have recovered for any rearranged game.

The fact that it wasn’t even mentioned on the website when the tickets went on sale makes me think we aren’t looking to postpone the game.

56 minutes ago, JPRamFan said:

The fixture doesn't need to be postponed if they're missing. They can't even make the match day squad.

Doesn't matter. We called for a game to get postponed when only Washington and Mendez-Laing were called up at the start of the season- Robinson, Lindsay, Richards were called up too, which allowed us to postpone.

Lindsay is irrelevant to the conversation for the Northampton match as he’s out on loan. 

it’s only u21 international teams and above that count. 

Edited by tinman

On 04/03/2024 at 21:50, Ghost of Clough said:

Doesn't matter. We called for a game to get postponed when only Washington and Mendez-Laing were called up at the start of the season- Robinson, Lindsay, Richards were called up too, which allowed us to postpone.

While that is true, I expect we used the younger players to make up the numbers to call for the postponement due to the fact that Washington and NML are key first team members that would've significantly weakened our attacking options.

There is no point in postponing the match if we have our first choice squad available for selection. Better to keep the fixtures spaced out and not have a busy calendar at the end of the season.

Speaking of fixtures, the Pompey game moving to the Tuesday gives the players an extra day to recover after playing Blackpool at home. I know its the same for Portsmouth but then we have a 8 day break before our next match due to Wycombe being in the EFL Trophy final. Where all the other promotion contenders barring Peterboro play on the Saturday after the Easter fixtures.