Ball is in our court

On 20/02/2024 at 07:21, maydrakin said:

Towards the end of the season, stats go out the window, as teams at the bottom start scrapping for their lives and those in mid-table begin to start thinking about their holidays.

Just focus on ourselves and get as many points as possible.

Hope your right with the assumption that mid-table teams are thinking about their holidays, Rams have Bristol Rovers (A), Northampton (A), Wycombe (A), Cambridge (A) and Reading (H) to play from mid-table. Perhaps Paul Warne should drop some holiday magazines in their dressing room prior to kick off.

On 20/02/2024 at 13:33, MadAmster said:

I read somewhere that Bolton still have to play 7 of the top 10. Looking like a case of points on the board being better than games in hand with any luck.

CORRECT, They have Blackpool (A)8th; Barnsley (A)4th; Oxford (H)5th; Derby (A)2nd; Stevenage (A)7th; Pompey (H); Peterboro (A)6th and still have to travel to Bristol Rovers who currently are in the top half of the table.

2 hours ago, plymouthram said:

CORRECT, They have Blackpool (A)8th; Barnsley (A)4th; Oxford (H)5th; Derby (A)2nd; Stevenage (A)7th; Pompey (H); Peterboro (A)6th and still have to travel to Bristol Rovers who currently are in the top half of the table.

Bolton's remaining away fixtures appear to be quite difficult, but does this indicate that their current position is largely down to having easier away fixtures up to now?

8 of their 9 away wins have come at the bottom 9 teams, whereas we have won 5 of our 11 wins against top 9 teams with only 2 defeats at Stevenage and the ref at Bolton.

On 22/02/2024 at 20:47, ram59 said:

Bolton's remaining away fixtures appear to be quite difficult, but does this indicate that their current position is largely down to having easier away fixtures up to now?

8 of their 9 away wins have come at the bottom 9 teams, whereas we have won 5 of our 11 wins against top 9 teams with only 2 defeats at Stevenage and the ref at Bolton.

And lets not forget we played most of the 2nd half with 10 men and only lost 2-1.

On 21/02/2024 at 05:38, TomTom92 said:

Yes Portsmouth need to be dragged back in to the fight sooner rather than later. 

Also think Barnsley are sneaking up on the rails which puts added emphasis on Saturday. 

To be honest I think Pompey are gone- they strengthened so well…

Think we just need to concentrate on second place autos… have to beat Bolton and not lose to Barnsley.

16 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Barnsley right back in it now

They are, but....

Home

Bolton

Lincoln 

Portsmouth

Cambridge

Cheltenham

Reading 

Northampton

Away

Wycombe

Carlisle

Burton

Charlton

Stevenage

Blackpool

I'd class those in bold as 'tricky', so they'll really have to earn it if they're going to get autos.

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

They are, but....

Home

Bolton

Lincoln 

Portsmouth

Cambridge

Cheltenham

Reading 

Northampton

Away

Wycombe

Carlisle

Burton

Charlton

Stevenage

Blackpool

I'd class those in bold as 'tricky', so they'll really have to earn it if they're going to get autos.

Portsmouth is away not at home.

On 21/02/2024 at 00:19, uttoxram75 said:

Never liked Cambridge since they beat us 3-0 in 1980 (We'll be back in 81 T shirts etc).  I'm glad we trashed the place , let the cows out from the field next to the car park and generally behaved like complete bamfords.

Also loads of spies and pisspoor politicians went to Cambridge. And its in the middle of nowhere and full of nonces (probably).

Boo.

I was there ... opening game of the season   a saturday 3pm ko  full of optimism Biley and Swindlehurst up top, surely we will cruise this game ...all packed in like sardines in the very shallow terracing in the away end, a terrible result being beaten 0-3 ...a real shocking result 

Edited by S8TY

12 hours ago, S8TY said:

I was there ... opening game of the season   a saturday 3pm ko  full of optimism Biley and Swindlehurst up top, surely we will cruise this game ...all packed in like sardines in the very shallow terracing in the away end, a terrible result being beaten 0-3 ...a real shocking result 

One of the worst games I’ve ever been to, spineless performance