Paul Warne

Day

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What snide remarks? I explained my view point as you had yours and I asked that you consider that some fans don't have the same 'enjoyment and support' that you profess to enjoy. I also apologised for misinterpreting what you said.

Enjoy my time at pride park with my football friends, thats not sarcastic then, as regards appologising i was always told to do that if i upset anyone, dont really see whats funny aboutΒ 

13 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Enjoy my time at pride park with my football friends, thats not sarcastic then, as regards appologising i was always told to do that if i upset anyone, dont really see whats funny aboutΒ 

Posters are having a bit of a joke at my expense, they don't see me as the apologising type. I meant that it's good that you can enjoy your time at Pride Park with your 'football friends' just as I put. Also I hoped you might think of what that means to you and and consider other fans who don't have that, but only have the actual football that they watch.

8 hours ago, Andicis said:

Sure, that was implied. But it's enough of a contingent that you can sense the discontent amongst the fanbase so that shouldn't be ignored.

I’m not picking that up in the ground πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

Log off then if you don't want to read the posts. Forcing yourself to read something so that you can moan and whine about those posts and how everyone else is moaning and whining is peak irony.Β 

It's a forum for discussion. We don't all have to agree with David Clowes.Β 

A bit like forcing yourself to support a football club if all you do is ,,,,irony πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

6 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Thing is though we talk about the teams that do well on lower possession, they are usually really good on counters or playing for a lot of set pieces. Take the Watford game for example, we were pretty ineffective on counters, we don't do it well at all. We are good from set pieces but we are getting far less this season as most of the time the ball is in our half.

We can be a low possession side but we don't counter or play percentages anywhere near well enough at the moment to be effective at it.

You see I can agree with this , at this point we really arnt good enough on the counter , im hoping that will improve as the new players bed in , it’s only 3 league game s so far

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Posters are having a bit of a joke at my expense, they don't see me as the apologising type. I meant that it's good that you can enjoy your time at Pride Park with your 'football friends' just as I put. Also I hoped you might think of what that means to you and and consider other fans who don't have that, but only have the actual football that they watch.

I have always considered other fans, as ive said before my husband is an armchair fan, i dont consider myself a better fan than him.would you look back at my posts and tell me where i have said that. To be honestΒ  im not really bothered who goes and who dosnt.

12 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

I have always considered other fans, as ive said before my husband is an armchair fan, i dont consider myself a better fan than him.would you look back at my posts and tell me where i have said that. To be honestΒ  im not really bothered who goes and who dosnt.

Nobody has ever said it, it’s just a figment of someone’s imagination.

13 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

As I said I apologise for mis-interpretating your post(s). It is easy done when there are only written words to go on, with no tone or facial expressions. #COYR

9 hours ago, Archied said:

Why the laugh roy , are you saying you don’t want players leaving everything on the pitch ? Warne says that along with other comments regards what players lacked or did well in a game ,

football like many sports has moved on to a point where players have to be extreme athletes with diet and science thrown in before they even have half a chance of competing at any decent level , even the great pep and klopp carry no passengers , every one of they’re players have to give what Warne is asking of ours , yet you seem to know better , you don’t want our manager demanding that of our players , how about our fans , should they be demanding / expecting that of our players ,

you don’t half say some silly stuff in the blind pursuit of your Warne out agendaπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Agree, they should β€œgas out” or”leave β€œeverything on the pitch”or whatever phrase you choose to use. Β I think the difference with Warne is he openly talks about these things including a why wall, win wall, clean sheet wall. Β Other managers don’t, and for that I respect him. Β And, I think there’s an arrogance about football and fans that leads to this being ridiculed

In other sports it’s accepted. Β I’m reading a book by Ben Hunt-Davies who was an Olympic rower in the 90s/β€˜00s. Β He talks about how in an Olympics they came nowhere, the gold medalists could barely get on the podium. Β Therefore, the UK team hadn’t put enough effort in. Β Next time, that was one of their things, no energy left at the end. They won gold. Β He also discusses an experience wall, not too dissimilar to a win/clean sheet wall. Β In other sports things like this are respected and translated into business.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland