Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

7 hours ago, Dartmouth Ram said:

A bit of a controversial one, but I'd love to see Ben Osborn at Derby.

Right age and very versatile, he can play in that Left Wing Back position or Centre Mid (both areas we need to strengthen).

Wages might be a sticking point however...

Looks like he'll be released by Sheffield Utd and he's definitely Championship standards.

I know he's an ex Red Dog and I know he scored that winner against us but he's a Derby lad and that's got to count for something, right???

It's suggested that they will take up the 1 year option they have on him.

If Hourihane is going, I'd take Norwood on a 1 year contract. We do need pace in the side but we also need passing to get a good balance.

5 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Jodi Jones from Notts.

Crazy assists record, good age, surely wouldn't cost us millions, already local..

Surely must be on the list of targets 

Never heard of him, but I trust you Papa!

48 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Jodi Jones from Notts.

Crazy assists record, good age, surely wouldn't cost us millions, already local..

Surely must be on the list of targets 

Only 70 games in 6 years at Coventry, then dropped to Oxford in 2022 and couldn't get a game, then dropped to League 2 where he's clearly done well.  I think there will be limited funds, so we will need to be careful giving contracts to players after a decent 6 months or Blackman syndrome. Especially plying trade two leagues below.  I still think loans from above in the striking option will be beneficial. Probably a loan or two with a fee for players who've got 15 goals in this league before with pace.  That leaves money to add goals and technique in midfield and more freedom on wage and contract length 

8 hours ago, Dartmouth Ram said:

A bit of a controversial one, but I'd love to see Ben Osborn at Derby.

Right age and very versatile, he can play in that Left Wing Back position or Centre Mid (both areas we need to strengthen).

Wages might be a sticking point however...

Looks like he'll be released by Sheffield Utd and he's definitely Championship standards.

I know he's an ex Red Dog and I know he scored that winner against us but he's a Derby lad and that's got to count for something, right???

I thought he was a Derby fan. Which might make him raise his game? Decent shout. I'd also love to see Jamal Lascelles at Derby, as another fan (I believe), but he's rightly not going to give up another year on his contract at Newcastle. 

54 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Dylan Williams anyone? Not sure how his career has gone since moving to Chelsea. But looked a very good prospect when fleetingly used.

Good shout. Very strange, he is 20, not played a game for Chelsea and hasn't been sent out on loan. He wash highly regarded, but clearly isn't going to make the step up at Chelsea.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I thought he was a Derby fan. Which might make him raise his game? Decent shout. I'd also love to see Jamal Lascelles at Derby, as another fan (I believe), but he's rightly not going to give up another year on his contract at Newcastle. 

Looks like Sheff Utd have taken up the extension option on Osborn, along with Bogle and Norrington-Davies. He would've been a useful addition if he was unattached.

As you've said, I can't see Lascelles giving up a good wage at Newcastle to drop down. He seems very highly thought of there for his influence even if he doesn't play all that much.

Edited by abertawe_ram

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Only 70 games in 6 years at Coventry, then dropped to Oxford in 2022 and couldn't get a game, then dropped to League 2 where he's clearly done well.  I think there will be limited funds, so we will need to be careful giving contracts to players after a decent 6 months or Blackman syndrome. Especially plying trade two leagues below.  I still think loans from above in the striking option will be beneficial. Probably a loan or two with a fee for players who've got 15 goals in this league before with pace.  That leaves money to add goals and technique in midfield and more freedom on wage and contract length 

I see the Blackman thing as more of a Derby Syndrome. He had a decent season at Reading playing as the central striker. We bought him and played him on the left wing. We'll never know what might have happened if we'd played him up top. He's not the first central striker we've bought and then played out on the wing. Weimann was another...

... however, I sincerely hope we don't repeat that stupidity.

Edited by MadAmster

Reckon a lot of championship teams will be looking at Ike Ugbo (my phone is desperately trying to change his name to IKEA for some reason)  and I wonder if he's one we'll consider.

Big, physical, hardworking striker that got a few goals to help keep Wednesday up. He is under contract at Troyes until 2026 though it seems and with a fair bit of interest his value might be on the up

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

Here's just a few of the ones I've seen along with the source... 

image.png.38cabf1f1f5d9730e26a46088857089d.png  

The Luca Connell link was sadly only a suggestion. But he would be a great addition.

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

The Luca Connell link was sadly only a suggestion. But he would be a great addition.

To be fair, they're all guesses, suggestions put forward by folk, most, if not all, of whom are trying to make money from their efforts. It's not, IMO, real journalism. They think stuff up, put it on their webpage, monetised FB page or monetised YouTube account. Clicks generate advertising revenue. That is the only reason d'être for their pages.

34 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

To be fair, they're all guesses, suggestions put forward by folk, most, if not all, of whom are trying to make money from their efforts. It's not, IMO, real journalism. They think stuff up, put it on their webpage, monetised FB page or monetised YouTube account. Clicks generate advertising revenue. That is the only reason d'être for their pages.

That is true but at least that lad was honest 🤣

33 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Herbie Kane was attributed to Nixon, so that one some journalistic credibility.

Not going to debate how much, mind.

3 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Here's just a few of the ones I've seen along with the source... 

image.png.38cabf1f1f5d9730e26a46088857089d.png  

The JCH wasn't a link. It was a new story saying we was linked with him before and now he's out of contract. Not that we're interested now.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Then Old Ben copies and pastes it on here 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Spelling

14 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

According to his Wiki, at Coventry Jodi Jones did his ACL in 2017/18 and missed the whole of 18/19.
As a left-footed right winger, he'd offer some useful backup, 5 goals & 23 assists this season is pretty incredible, plus he's only 26.

He'd be worth the gamble on a free but he's contracted until 2025.

But it does feel traditional to have a former Notts County player in the squad...