Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

57 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

There is but will be a hugely contested market. We will do well to snap up the top talent available and I’d imagine we would be fighting another 8-12 championship teams (plus potentially League One, SPL sides and maybe even Premier League sides who want to spend or not spend money in each respective case). 

We might get a couple but would bet we lose more than we get - so much so I would consider other approaches to the market. 

Cup with just the dregs in never mind half empty. You know the square root of FA anyway, have a little faith and let's wait and see

5 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Cup with just the dregs in never mind half empty. You know the square root of FA anyway, have a little faith and let's wait and see

Not being negative, but my advice would be not to put too many eggs in the free agency basket.

It really surprises me that more footballers aren’t more dedicated to seeing their contracts out and going on frees. Bird would’ve have a better choice than Bristol City had he just seen it out, for sure, probably earning a lot more than he’s signed up for too.  

Thomas Delaney (Danish international midfielder) only has a year on his Sevilla contract left and they don't want him. He spent last season on loan at Anderlecht, with an option to buy for 3 million Euros, but reportedly the Spaniards are now ready to take 1.5 million: https://www.anderlecht-online.be/en/article/232104

He's 32 years old but could be the central midfield leader we need to make a difference. He's got American citizenship through his dad so I imagine would be comfortable in an English-speaking environment. 

It's laughable that Cardiff want half a million pounds for Ebou, but for just over twice as much we could maybe buy someone like this.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Thomas Delaney (Danish international midfielder) only has a year on his Sevilla contract left and they don't want him. He spent last season on loan at Anderlecht, with an option to buy for 3 million Euros, but reportedly the Spaniards are now ready to take 1.5 million: https://www.anderlecht-online.be/en/article/232104

He's 32 years old but could be the central midfield leader we need to make a difference. He's got American citizenship through his dad so I imagine would be comfortable in an English-speaking environment. 

It's laughable that Cardiff want half a million pounds for Ebou, but for just over twice as much we could maybe buy someone like this.

I'd imagine his wages would be difficult to accommodate.

2 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

I'd take prime Costa, but I'm not sure how much you'd get out of him now.

Only 30 plenty of championship games under his belt we could do alot worse.

46 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Very narrow-minded way of looking at transfers. You’re not considering anything to do with reputation or wages. This guy has been at Dortmund and has been a consistent international footballer. 

26 minutes ago, Srg said:

Very narrow-minded way of looking at transfers. You’re not considering anything to do with reputation or wages. This guy has been at Dortmund and has been a consistent international footballer. 

Bizarre comment. Clearly the teams he's with think he can't play that level anymore and has only been used sparingly by Anderlecht this season. There is much more money to be had in the English leagues than across the continent. Get rewarded well, play in front of full houses and far more people than at Anderlecht every week. With the chance to build a reputation in England, the home of football, and the gateway to the Premier League. And reputedly a man of great character - just the sort of leader we should be looking for at the next level.

19 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Bizarre comment. Clearly the teams he's with think he can't play that level anymore and has only been used sparingly by Anderlecht this season. There is much more money to be had in the English leagues than across the continent. Get rewarded well, play in front of full houses and far more people than at Anderlecht every week. With the chance to build a reputation in England, the home of football, and the gateway to the Premier League. And reputedly a man of great character - just the sort of leader we should be looking for at the next level.

I can’t see with our small budget how spending 1.5 million 32 year old who’ll want major wages would make sense. His wages and that fee could easily be spread into 3 players to bolster the squad and players with a potential sell on value will be more so what we’re looking at I’d imagine.

7 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I can’t see with our small budget how spending 1.5 million 32 year old who’ll want major wages would make sense. His wages and that fee could easily be spread into 3 players to bolster the squad and players with a potential sell on value will be more so what we’re looking at I’d imagine.

Euros not pounds. About £1.25m, so not far off what many people want us to spend on a new keeper who conceded 87 goals in the league last season.

21 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I agree. Ebou is 4 years younger and already had knitted together our midfield (for a third of the price at the most).

3 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Tyrese campbell be a good option up front

I was surprised to see he's only 24! Had a few injury issues but definitely worth a shot if his wage demands were reasonable. Not the greatest goal return but seems like he is more of a 10/second striker than main centre forward. Could be a good option across the 3 in a 343 together with NML and CBT

Seeing the playoffs this week reminded me I've been impressed with Moore from Oxford. Sadly looks like they tied him to a long-term deal at the start of the season. He would be great to take over from Bradley, another giant but he's comfortable on the ball in a back 3. Cest la vie

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Is this a serious suggestion? 

Posted (edited)

For the Danish league I looked at teams who win the ball high up and are slightly more direct to think of who Warne could be going to watch. Hvidovre and Viborg rank 4th and 5th in that metric and played eachother yesterday. I wonder if Warne and his staff were there to watch. 

A stand out player for me after looking at the squads is Anosike Ementa. He has 10 goals and 4 assists in 31 games this season. Hes 22 years old and stands at 6 foot 6. He has 2 years left on his contract but I don’t think would cost crazy money. 

He works very hard and to show that he beats Collins for both possession won in the final 3rd per 90 and interceptions per 90. 

He also has only missed 5 big chances all season which would tell me he’s decent at finishing aswell. His chance creation is also high for a striker. Cant see why Warne wouldn’t love him.

EDIT: After some more digging he’s linked to some Belgian clubs and can apparently leave for between 1 and 2 million and is actually listed at 6 foot 7 and a 1/2

Edited by Eoghan1884