Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Are you aware that a number of the squad have contracts beyond the summer? Expiring in 2025 or 2026 in some cases

If you’re genuine suggestion is that we replace the entire squad other than Sibley with the players you’ve been spamming this thread with for the last couple of days I think you may have finally proven there’s no credibility or logic to your intentions. What functioning football club would choose to despatch 99% of its playing staff at the end of a season?! 

Never said dispatch them all put the young ones back to the reserves or loan them out if they aren't cutting the championship with a add on fee

Plenty of teams showed loyalty now are bang in trouble who came up

Letting a player go after sucsess is the hardest thing to do in football but sometimes its the right thing to do

1 minute ago, Dryhorce said:

Yes most signed to play in league one not the championship or players that took us down 

Sentiment in football kills teams we are professional this is Sunday stuff loyalty here

We are Derby we deserve so much better than this we should be a EPL club the players ive mentioned are steady especially the Rangers and Celtic ones who maybe one day get us back to the promiced land

This is a really weird way to spend your free time. You’re either on some very peculiar wind up or fully detached from reality. I’ll provide you with some info;

We extended the contract of Ryan Nyambe who was and has every intention of being a championship player.

We also extended the contract of Nathaniel Mendez-Laing who is having the season of his career.

We’ve got a great young prospect in Jake Rooney contracted to the summer of 2026.

Cashin is likely to be sold in the summer to a premier league side, but let’s say he isn’t, he’s contracted until 2027.

Nelson has been a rock at cb this season and has plenty of experience in the championship, is only 30 and has a contract until 2025.

Kane Wilson has a contract until 2025 and is an exciting yet raw 23 year old.

Joe Ward has a contract beyond this season and is starting to show his worth. 

There IS absolutely room for some sentiment in football AND there’s an important element of continuity that’s necessary within a squad to sustain the culture of the club and enable any new additions to settle.

Never said dispatch them all put the young ones back to the reserves or loan them out if they aren't cutting the championship with a add on fee

Plenty of teams showed loyalty now are bang in trouble who came up

Letting a player go after sucsess is the hardest thing to do in football but sometimes its the right thing to do

You quite literally said Sibley was the only player we should retain. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

This is a really weird way to spend your free time. You’re either on some very peculiar wind up or fully detached from reality. I’ll provide you with some info;

We extended the contract of Ryan Nyambe who was and has every intention of being a championship player.

We also extended the contract of Nathaniel Mendez-Laing who is having the season of his career.

We’ve got a great young prospect in Jake Rooney contracted to the summer of 2026.

Cashin is likely to be sold in the summer to a premier league side, but let’s say he isn’t, he’s contracted until 2027.

Nelson has been a rock at cb this season and has plenty of experience in the championship, is only 30 and has a contract until 2025.

Kane Wilson has a contract until 2025 and is an exciting yet raw 23 year old.

Joe Ward has a contract beyond this season and is starting to show his worth. 

There IS absolutely room for some sentiment in football AND there’s an important element of continuity that’s necessary within a squad to sustain the culture of the club and enable any new additions to settle.

Yes and there are better that might become available such as the guy I'm watching now John Souttar 

Absolutely nobody is a stick on at the club we are going up levels and levels here yes experience in its important and going up in it which was why picked out a few who have and who might be available

I'm not winding anybody up and its pretty sad that you think I am

I'll see you on the happy clapper page next year then if you think this squads good enough to stay up without magor surgery 

8 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

Yes and there are better that might become available such as the guy I'm watching now John Souttar 

Absolutely nobody is a stick on at the club we are going up levels and levels here yes experience in its important and going up in it which was why picked out a few who have and who might be available

I'm not winding anybody up and its pretty sad that you think I am

I'll see you on the happy clapper page next year then if you think this squads good enough to stay up without magor surgery 

Can’t you see from the majority of replies to your posts that I’m not alone in thinking you’re on the wind up.

Let’s say you’re not, you seem to then be missing the sentiment from others that not everyone is on board with your suggestions. 
I do think the squad will need some additions in the summer, plenty of them, I don’t however think they exclusively have to come from Rangers, Celtic or the Scottish national set up. 
The likelihood is we could well add players from that area, we’ll also likely pick up some players from the championship, league one, league two, the premier league academy system, the Irish leagues etc.

I’m all for a good suggestion thread, love it in fact, but normally at a point closer to the business end of the season and normally with a bit more variety, consideration, and conversation involved than your current approach appears to include. You’re coming across as a fanatic of that league, those players and almost as if you’re due some commission if any of them signed with us, and given that none of us (that I know of) are the Derby County manager, recruitment staff, or CEO it’s a bit misplaced.

You crack on though, I’ve added my thoughts. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Can’t you see from the majority of replies to your posts that I’m not alone in thinking you’re on the wind up.

Let’s say you’re not, you seem to then be missing the sentiment from others that not everyone is on board with your suggestions. 
I do think the squad will need some additions in the summer, plenty of them, I don’t however think they exclusively have to come from Rangers, Celtic or the Scottish national set up. 
The likelihood is we could well add players from that area, we’ll also likely pick up some players from the championship, league one, league two, the premier league academy system, the Irish leagues.

I’m all for a good suggestion thread, love it in fact, but normally at a point closer to the business end of the season and normally with a bit more variety, consideration, and conversation involved than your current approach appears to include.

You crack on though, I’ve added my thoughts. 

My suggestions haven't been all Scottish so the majority of posters want to stop using that angle?

4 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

My suggestions haven't been all Scottish so the majority of posters want to stop using that angle?

Like I said, crack on. I hope you enjoy the Rangers game and will look forward to hearing your thoughts on our match on the weekend. 

34 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Like I said, crack on. I hope you enjoy the Rangers game and will look forward to hearing your thoughts on our match on the weekend. 

Rangers game my conclusion is that if they had a better striker than Cyril Dessers that they would have won Heart of Midlothian striker Lawrence Shankland would bagged those chances to tonight 

John Souttar how ever was rock solid and definitely a guy who could play in the championship and do well if they aren't keeping him next year loan knock them down for permanent transfer use his injury record for the low ball fee

Rangers game my conclusion is that if they had a better striker than Cyril Dessers that they would have won Heart of Midlothian striker Lawrence Shankland would bagged those chances to tonight 

John Souttar how ever was rock solid and definitely a guy who could play in the championship and do well if they aren't keeping him next year loan knock them down for permanent transfer use his injury record for the low ball fee

I’m not interested in the Rangers game, though I hope you enjoyed it. I will be interested to know your thoughts on our upcoming match at the weekend though so will await your insight from that 🍻 

2 hours ago, Dryhorce said:

Ones that are past it and the ones who aren't experienced enough that will end up back with the U23 team not sure if you watch a lot of championship football the levels much higher than league one

You’ve not really answered my question.

Which of the older heads and the younger players we currently have will struggle stepping up to the championship?

2 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

You’ve not really answered my question.

Which of the older heads and the younger players we currently have will struggle stepping up to the championship?

He doesn’t know any of our players because he’s not actually a Derby fan 

9 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

Derby fan or not, I want to be introduced to his supplier as it appears what he’s smoking is far stronger than what I’m smoking. 

Another happy clapper who thinks I'm a sweaty sock