Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

24 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

£20 000 in the championship isn't a lot of money smaller teams than us can pay it

And just cos I've knowledge about Rangers doesn't mean im not a Derby fan

I pay attention to what is happening at every club and every league 

Cracking Up Lol GIF

16 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

Cracking Up Lol GIF

My whole point was getting a few or £4 or 5 a week down from Scotland would mean there could be two or three on the £20 000 mark,and we still can keep a decent sized competetive squad 

And remember that a lot of players will be leaving most on more than £4 grand the wage bill goes up when we go up

Club can earn £8.8 million from just staying in the championship might go to paying debts

But this is were transfer trading has to be right to solid low ball low risk signings that can be sold on if they do well 

Edited by Dryhorce

@Dryhorce you're nothing if not prolific, the problem being I've already forgotten the initial suggestions what with the subsequent barrage of alternatives. Maybe a focus on quality over quantity might better serve your purposes and those of the thread?

5 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

@Dryhorce you're nothing if not prolific, the problem being I've already forgotten the initial suggestions what with the subsequent barrage of alternatives. Maybe a focus on quality over quantity might better serve your purposes and those of the thread?

Every player that I've suggested is quality 

Suggest you watch Dundee v Aberdeen tonight 

Barron up again Mulligan and Cameron and Beck will be playing to

Warnock also quite liked the big boy McKenzie for Aberdeen there left back 

Edited by Dryhorce

7 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

Every player that I've suggested is quality 

Suggest you watch Dundee v Aberdeen tonight 

Barron up again Mulligan and Cameron and Beck will be playing to

Warnock also quite liked the big boy McKenzie for Aberdeen there left back 

You're not really taking onboard what folk are saying, are you?  I've not commented on the validity of your suggestions, JUST THE FOOKIN VOLUME! 😂

2 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

You're not really taking onboard what folk are saying, are you?  I've not commented on the validity of your suggestions, JUST THE FOOKIN VOLUME! 😂

Haven't even got started yet but these are all ones that have caught my eye and young ones that potentially we could make money on understand there won't be a lot of money around 

So getting there best free transfers is a no brainer Strain and Baccus play for Australia there full ints and are at a age were they could be sold on in a year or two for clean profit same with wee Barron

Dundee don't have a lot of cash Beck.is on loan from Liverpool he is probably the best left back in Scotland just now who would imagine the Welsh clubs would want even on loan 

Cameron and Mulligan as a pair not sure how much they would want half a million each possibly depending on what they got left on there deal?

You might have forgotten, but recently we had a little financial strain. This came following a number of years chucking good money after bad. I'm sure DC hasn't forgotten this and will be eager not to return to those days. Sure, the EFL restrictions/business plan will be a thing of the past in the summer but that doesn't mean a blank chequebook. We've had the sunk cost fallacy of MM and now the sustainable and responsible management by DC.

Taking untested Scottish based players on £4/5k per week and skyrocketing them to £20k just won't be a thing that we'll do. I'm sure that Bryson and Russell when they moved down didn't 4-5x their salaries overnight. Things like that are exactly why we find ourselves in League One and not the Championship or higher. 

The annual 1st team wage cost last season we now know was £7.3m, we know it's about a third higher this year (45% turnover) so lets call it a nice £10m for rounded sake. Assuming 25 players per first team squad, last year we ran an average of circa £5.5k, whereas this year we're around £7.5k. Obviously average, so some will be more, some will be less. Even if we say a 25% rise for promotion, that's going to £9.375k as a average. Taking any player and putting them on £20k, let alone a number of untested Scottish based ones, simply won't happen.

1 hour ago, Dryhorce said:

My whole point was getting a few or £4 or 5 a week down from Scotland would mean there could be two or three on the £20 000 mark,and we still can keep a decent sized competetive squad 

And remember that a lot of players will be leaving most on more than £4 grand the wage bill goes up when we go up

Club can earn £8.8 million from just staying in the championship might go to paying debts

But this is were transfer trading has to be right to solid low ball low risk signings that can be sold on if they do well 

24 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

You might have forgotten, but recently we had a little financial strain. This came following a number of years chucking good money after bad. I'm sure DC hasn't forgotten this and will be eager not to return to those days. Sure, the EFL restrictions/business plan will be a thing of the past in the summer but that doesn't mean a blank chequebook. We've had the sunk cost fallacy of MM and now the sustainable and responsible management by DC.

Taking untested Scottish based players on £4/5k per week and skyrocketing them to £20k just won't be a thing that we'll do. I'm sure that Bryson and Russell when they moved down didn't 4-5x their salaries overnight. Things like that are exactly why we find ourselves in League One and not the Championship or higher. 

The annual 1st team wage cost last season we now know was £7.3m, we know it's about a third higher this year (45% turnover) so lets call it a nice £10m for rounded sake. Assuming 25 players per first team squad, last year we ran an average of circa £5.5k, whereas this year we're around £7.5k. Obviously average, so some will be more, some will be less. Even if we say a 25% rise for promotion, that's going to £9.375k as a average. Taking any player and putting them on £20k, let alone a number of untested Scottish based ones, simply won't happen.

Sorry fella read above already spoken about paying back debt if we survive in the championship 

Not once have I said take Scottish players on 4 or 5 grand and give them £20 000

Was talking about giving MacKenna and Worrell £20 000 if we could get them and they would play for it and maybe Allah Campbell for £18 000 three players who have went up

Players in Scotland aren't getting £4 000 that is what we would be paying them there getting £1 000 £1 700 £2 000 at there clubs

So you talk about untested in the championship so tell me the difference in playing for you Country to playing for derby in the championship?

I take it you didn't watch Baccus and Steain against England?

Barron is excellent in the Scotland U21 team and has experience in Europe with Aberdeen 

Are you saying the championship is gonna be harder than playing in European competition to?

Mate have a think about it and get back to me about it

Barron was in the team that beat the team that beat Rangers in Zthe Europa final

Aberdeen 2 Eintract 0

Connor Barron wouldn't have any issues in our team or any other in the championship but he might move higher 

Barron free

Baccus free

Strain free

Beck loan

McKenna free

Where is the blank cheque?

Edited by Dryhorce

I'll qualify this for you

Tony Ralston £14 000 a week Celtic 

Stephen Welsh £8.500 a week Celtic 

Lewis Mayo £2 000 a week at Killie

Owen Beck £2.800 a week Dundee 

Josh Mulligan £360 a week Dundee 

Lyall Cameron £340 a week Dundee

Connor Barron £880 a week Aberdeen 

Keanu Baccus £2 000 at St Mirren 

Ryan Strain £1.700 a week at St Mirren 

Liam Kelly £4.000 a week Motherwell 

Theo Bair £600 a week Motherwell John Souttar £8.100 a week Rangers 

Might mist a few out that I've spoken about but it shows you out with Ralston on this list our players earn significantly more even ones out the academy 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The way I see it, there will never be the need for another Independence Referendum because every Scottish person will have moved to Derby.

Best Derby team was full of Scots back in the day and when our club declined so did the Scotland team when all the terrible foreign players came and okay some good foreign.players did to but so did a lot of bad ones

Decline of Derby and Scottish football isn't a coincidence but it isn't like that anymore if Seria A teams in Italy shop in the Scottish market,then so should the traditional English clubs that got success with there players like we once did

21 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

Best Derby team was full of Scots back in the day and when our club declined so did the Scotland team when all the terrible foreign players came and okay some good foreign.players did to but so did a lot of bad ones

Decline of Derby and Scottish football isn't a coincidence but it isn't like that anymore if Seria A teams in Italy shop in the Scottish market,then so should the traditional English clubs that got success with there players like we once did

Bob Malcolm and Conor Sammon?

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/liverpool-transfer-exclusive-battle-wolves-scottish-talent-jamie-hamilton

Great to see this guy back playing and being loyal to his club that saw him through a terrible injury spell

I can see him getting a better move when his deals up start of the season still 22 could be a shrewd move if he can prove his fitness very good player from a team with a history of bringing through top talent 

Even if he is just playing in League One just now it's still games every week and getting stronger to see were he will be for pre season somewhere possible a SPFL club maybe England or abroad