BBG photos

admira

23 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Mostly happy Days except for Tommy Docherty 😱 and the weather in 1963 🥶

Alreet for you... I was born in that January, and by all accounts, I was stark-bullock naked! 😲🥶

No wonder I turned out to be as hard as nails!  

6 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Take my word for it, it was worst weather I have ever experienced and my brother and I never missed a day from school.

Same here, had to walk from shaw street ashbourne road to henry cavendish breadsall estate because the buses wernt running.

You just ma

On 18/01/2024 at 12:47, admira said:

Some great memories in here. Can anyone spot themselves?

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gallery/derby-county-81-wonderful-memories-4033920

(Scroll down, don't click on the arrow on the right)

You just made my day. Two of the photos are randomly from my first ever match (1-0 win v West Ham in Feb 1988). Never seen those!

Nice one Admira. I’m in the pic of Bobby celebrating one of his many goals in a 84/85 Centenary Bass top down the Normo end.

Bobby is all trademark thighs, popeye forearms and Magnum tache. And I’m a skinny little 10 year old jumping for joy in the Ossis Upper.
I’d been to the BBG in previous seasons (but can’t can’t remember the games) but those years in Div3 were my first season ticket, and the crucial barb that has still got me hooked to this day, 40 years later. 
Kevin Wilson was a hero in the beginning. But Bobby was God soon after. And Arthur was the king. Still is. 

53 minutes ago, Oakwood Ram said:

Absolutely brilliant these.

I still think that being on the BBG pitch in 1996 post Palace match as a 14 year old with my dad was my greatest childhood memory. I never knew life could be so good on that day, still not sure I have ever experienced feelings like it since 🐏 

Amazing memory! And those of us down South who couldn’t make it, but watched on telly with hands over our eyes, were right with you! (I taped it, and still have the VHS!). 

Also that evening Oasis played their epics gig at Maine Road. I’ve long wondered if anyone saw Derby get promoted at the BBG, then raced to Manchester for the gig!

1 hour ago, Oakwood Ram said:

Absolutely brilliant these.

I still think that being on the BBG pitch in 1996 post Palace match as a 14 year old with my dad was my greatest childhood memory. I never knew life could be so good on that day, still not sure I have ever experienced feelings like it since 🐏 

It’s my favourite childhood memory too mate.

I was 10 but remember it as clearly as any other memory in my whole life!

later that year me and my brother got a PlayStation for Christmas and the genuine surprise at unwrapping that is my second favourite childhood memory.

1996 was my favourite year

On 20/01/2024 at 08:40, Sweetness34 said:

It’s my favourite childhood memory too mate.

I was 10 but remember it as clearly as any other memory in my whole life!

later that year me and my brother got a PlayStation for Christmas and the genuine surprise at unwrapping that is my second favourite childhood memory.

1996 was my favourite year

Will never forget the long summer days as well, with Euro 96 games the only distraction. What a year 1996 was pal 🐏 

1 hour ago, Oakwood Ram said:

Will never forget the long summer days as well, with Euro 96 games the only distraction. What a year 1996 was pal 🐏 

I got married in 96. I'm saying no more.

She doesn't read the forum, but just in case "te quiero muchísimo mi amor"*

* no not you @Mucker1884, wearing a Mexican hat doesn't make you Latin.

34 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I got married in 96. I'm saying no more.

She doesn't read the forum, but just in case "te quiero muchísimo mi amor"*

* no not you @Mucker1884, wearing a Mexican hat doesn't make you Latin.

You sweet talker you! 🤣

Anyway... after a 10 year trial run, we too tied the knot in '96, so that's nice!  😁🍻