Lincoln away - Pre Match drinks.

🎵 Mucker's on the road again...

So, I'm away... first time since bouncy Blackpool... and it's my birthday, so making a (one night) weekend of it (#rock 'n roll)

So if anyone knows any cracking little coffee shops, with espressos to die for, shout up, and I'll see you there. 
Might consider a tea-room, if the cakes are fluffy enough.

Stay Tough, fellow full fans.

👀

9 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

So, I'm away... first time since bouncy Blackpool... and it's my birthday, so making a (one night) weekend of it (#rock 'n roll)

So if anyone knows any cracking little coffee shops, with espressos to die for, shout up, and I'll see you there. 

👀

Since you’re after a one night stand you will have more success with alcohol than coffee . 😀

37 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

👀

Stokes high bridge cafe mate… about 10-15 minutes walk from the ground. 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

👀

Puff pastry my arse. Get in spoons lad.

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

👀

Mentioned in another thread, best place for food I've found in Lincoln is olivares tapas bar by the castle. It's like being in a wooden rabbit warren, but the food is top and they have Spanish beer. Good pubs are then down the road towards the Roman arch down Bailgate. Plenty on offer from old man pubs to trendy bars.

Not found anywhere that does excellent coffee to my own (coffee snob) standards yet, but let me know if you find somewhere good. I like a day out in Lincoln, nice place.

Editing to add, down the hill is ok, but we tend to stay up as it's less studenty/stag do-ey/lads lads lads-ey. Down the hill is more chain bars, walkabout, that kind of thing.

Editing to add again - there's a women's prison in Lincoln castle. Don't make the mistake I did and ask them to keep my Mrs overnight while I go to the pub. Guess who then wasn't allowed to go to the pub.

Edited by oodledoodle

On 17/01/2024 at 19:48, Boycie said:

Puff pastry my arse. Get in spoons lad.

Why not try to educate yourself by going to Lincoln Caste and Cathedral ? The ONLY place in the world where you can see an original copy of the Magna Carta and the Charter of the forest , together . If you don’t know what the Magna Carta is ,be ashamed. 

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Why not try to educate yourself by going to Lincoln Caste and Cathedral ? The ONLY place in the world where you can see an original copy of the Magna Carta and the Charter of the forest , together . If you don’t know what the Magna Carta is ,be ashamed. 

Yeah but do you get a free pint with your steak n chips?

3 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Its a pub in Lincoln that sells a good pint of pedigree.