Owen Moxon ?

Keepyuppy

Moxon was a player who intrigued me the most after last season - first real season in professional football and he was by far and away the best player in League Two. 

I think he's obviously not had the same impact this season, but playing in a pretty poor, seriously underfunded side, in League One makes it difficult to shine. I'd like to see us roll the dice on him, who knows what he could be if afforded the chance of good-level coaching, top facilities, etc. 

We know full well that he would come in and dig and fight every chance he got for an opportunity to play. If he could take that next step, as he did when he moved into professional football, then he could be a player for us. I've always like a central midfielder who gets himself involved in every single aspect, from tackles, interceptions to shots. He does it as well as anyone else in the league without the quality in supporting cast. 

41 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Simpson has said he isn't for sale, he and the directors want to build a team with him in it next season.

If we are sniffing it would be a waste of time.

Everyone is ultimately for sale or available, especially when they are so close to the end of their contract. They might be willing to play hardball in this window (as we are with Bird) but come the summer when he can entertain offers from anyone it will become hard for Carlisle to do much about it (as it will with us and Bird).

As I see it, if he’s out of contract in the summer, Moxon can have discussions with any club from Jan onwards if he doesn’t want to sign a new contract with Carlisle. It doesn’t matter that Carlisle don’t want to sell him in this transfer window, if he wants to join Derby in the summer, that’s his prerogative and there’s nothing Carlisle can do about that. If that’s the case m, they’d absolutely want to get some money for him now rather than nothing in the summer.

Who knows what maybe afoot !!

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Simpson has said he isn't for sale, he and the directors want to build a team with him in it next season.

Would he rather he walked at the end of the season? Where would you rather play?

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Be kind of hard considering he won’t be there as he’s not signing a new contract. 

Would consider offering Korey or Sibley to them in exchange.