The Pitch at Pride Park

43 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

But the condition of the pitch is not something you can change overnight... or cheaply.
We're potentially only a few months from being an ambitious Championship side.  Best not let it deteriorate too much!   😉

Probably relay it in the summer

1 hour ago, trappatoni said:

Why would it matter - in the Championship we are probably going to have less of the ball.   Now if Rosenior was manager it'd be different but with Warne whilst we may not just hoof it we aren't playing tika taka. 

Ah right!  Fair do's buddy.  👍
At least you're managing to keep yer pecker up during this horrendous spell we're having, that's the main thing.  

🐏

1 hour ago, trappatoni said:

Why would it matter - in the Championship we are probably going to have less of the ball.   Now if Rosenior was manager it'd be different but with Warne whilst we may not just hoof it we aren't playing tika taka. 

Yawn. third place on goals scored and he still wants the manager out. What sort of supporter are you?

59 minutes ago, Srg said:

Probably relay it in the summer

Yeah, they might have to.

That's what lack of maintenance can do for yer... or it's due anyway (Fair wear and tear/age etc) hence what appears to be a reduction in TLC/spending for now?  I know not.

🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Jon Bon Pony said:

I think it's deliberate personally. Just from the way the sprinklers were used at half time until you could see small puddles on the surface.

For the record, I know nothing about groundskeeping, it's just how it seems to me.

Didn't Sir Brian do that to Benfica a bit back ?

3 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Didn't Sir Brian do that to Benfica a bit back ?

He did it regularly, getting tipper lorries full of sand dumping their load on what should have been a pitch, and even getting the Fire Brigade down gushing oceans of water onto the pitch! I remember one defender doing a sky-high hoofball clearance which landed in the centre circle and simply stuck there without a hint of a bounce!

3 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Yawn. third place on goals scored and he still wants the manager out. What sort of supporter are you?

???  I'm commenting on the style of play not how effective it is.

Why would we spend money on getting a perfect pitch when it gives us no advantage at all? We don't get points for best kept surface. 

Obviously if you keep the ball on the deck more than the opposition you want a good pitch but that's not what we do.   As I said it's not hoof ball but it's not tika taka. 

The pitch is in need of a full restoration.

It hasn't had a full restoration since being first put in.

It has had SIS renovation but that is not a full Reno.

That involves taking out around 300 mm of soil or more replacing the soil ,replacing the SiS ,no doubt upgrading the undersoil heating including water system to a reclaim system reseeding fertiliser and further ground care all in the small window of close season.

This costs ££££££££££ we have (still) to watch the pennies.

When finances allow it will be back to one of the best surfaces in the country.

The ground team to a tremendous job to maintain the best surface they can given the financial and climatic conditions that face them.

5 hours ago, trappatoni said:

4 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

1) Where did he call for Warne out?

2) Is he wrong?

On 16/01/2024 at 16:55, Junc21 said:

The pitch is in need of a full restoration.

It hasn't had a full restoration since being first put in.

It has had SIS renovation but that is not a full Reno.

That involves taking out around 300 mm of soil or more replacing the soil ,replacing the SiS ,no doubt upgrading the undersoil heating including water system to a reclaim system reseeding fertiliser and further ground care all in the small window of close season.

This costs ££££££££££ we have (still) to watch the pennies.

When finances allow it will be back to one of the best surfaces in the country.

The ground team to a tremendous job to maintain the best surface they can given the financial and climatic conditions that face them.

The article below, which was dated June 2023, suggests that the full renovation you refer to has already been carried out. What I'm not clear about is whether the date is correct, but the description of the work undertaken seems to cover the scope you mentioned?

https://www.talbotlandscapes.co.uk/case-studies/derby-county-fc-2018/

21 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The article below, which was dated June 2023, suggests that the full renovation you refer to has already been carried out. What I'm not clear about is whether the date is correct, but the description of the work undertaken seems to cover the scope you mentioned?

https://www.talbotlandscapes.co.uk/case-studies/derby-county-fc-2018/

Called the IPRO stadium in the article so could be very old

9 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Called the IPRO stadium in the article so could be very old

TBH I missed that, though that would suggest the work was done no more than 7/8 years ago so it still seems relevant.