Promotion Rivals Watch

sage

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

How can you hope to β€œdraw a line under this” when you end with a question? πŸ˜€

To hopefully really draw a line under this, I think you’re both right. It was a πŸ’© day in terms of the results BUT it was no more of a πŸ’© day than we were realistically expecting. There, will that do it?

Β 

Nah, I will stick to my view that our 3 rivals winning quite handsomely, in footballing terms, constitutes a pretty πŸ’© day. These teams have all slipped up recently and I was hoping that at least one of them, Bolton especially, might slip up again, against an improving Reading side. So, if expected or not, I am still disappointed with the way results went today. Is that ok with you?

I still think 3 wins will do it. I think some of us forget it's really a 4 point gap because of our superior goal difference. I think Bolton will need 91 points to finish 2nd. They need 13 points out of 15 to reach it. I'll be amazed if they do it, they're lacking theΒ  consistency, even more than us.

If we get 3 wins and a draw, Bolton would have to win every game to overtake us. The odds are massively in our favour. A defeat against Pompey wouldn't be a complete disaster but we really need to try and gain at least a point if possible.

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Nah, I will stick to my view that our 3 rivals winning quite handsomely, in footballing terms, constitutes a pretty πŸ’© day. These teams have all slipped up recently and I was hoping that at least one of them, Bolton especially, might slip up again, against an improving Reading side. So, if expected or not, I am still disappointed with the way results went today. Is that ok with you?

I can’t understand why you couldn’t gracefully accept that I thought you were both right and, despite your stated desire to draw a line underneath this, you feel unable to unless you have the last word.πŸ˜€

We were all hoping that at least one of them would slip up again but, the fact that they didn’t means that results went according to expectations but not to our hopes.Β 
Β 

Just as a small aside. They didn’t all win quite handsomely. It was a good win for Posh but I wouldn’t call 1:2 as a handsome win.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I can’t understand why you couldn’t gracefully accept that I thought you were both right and, despite your stated desire to draw a line underneath this, you feel unable to unless you have the last word.πŸ˜€

We were all hoping that at least one of them would slip up again but, the fact that they didn’t means that results went according to expectations but not to our hopes.Β 
Β 

Just as a small aside. They didn’t all win quite handsomely. It was a good win for Posh but I wouldn’t call 1:2 as a handsome win.

I don’t understand why we are even debating it, results all went against us today. I would think the majority of Rams fans will be disappointed, like me. Shall we leave it there?

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I don’t understand why we are even debating it, results all went against us today. I would think the majority of Rams fans will be disappointed, like me. Shall we leave it there?

Yes. Let’s leave it there. We were all hoping someone would slip up and are therefore disappointed. BUT, the results were no worse than we probably realistically expected. Only the Bolton score line was worse (by a couple of goals) than most of us expected.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes. Let’s leave it there. We were all hoping someone would slip up and are therefore disappointed. BUT, the results were no worse than we probably realistically expected. Only the Bolton score line was worse (by a couple of goals) than most of us expected.

Yep, let’s leave it there. A disappointing day πŸ‘

If we lose any of our last three games, that would be a s*** day. But I’d expect us to win all of those, and if we do, we’re up. Simple as. If we get a result tomorrow, that will be a good day, but if we loose, it’s really not the end of the world. A disappointing day does not make a s*** day. I’m disappointed when I don’t win the lotto on a Saturday, but it’s not really worth crying about. I’d have a lot of s*** days if that was my barometer.Β 

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

That all of our competitors won and won well….how could it have been any worse? I was hopeful that Reading would get a point, same with Orient. Jehovah Jehovah 🀣

Where did I say "It could have been worse"?

I agree, it could have been better, but literally everything went to form.Β  That makes it an average day in my book.Β Β 

I guess we just have a different outlook on life/football/DCFC?Β  I don't think that makes either of us wrong.Β 

I've seen today's results.  I'm not jumping for joy admittedly... but I most certainly ain't having a s*** day!  🀣

Β 

Hey... seriously buddy... I appreciate you see today as a s*** day... My bad for calling you out on it... and hand on heart, I truly hopeΒ you fair better tomorrow.Β Β 

Shakira, Shakira.  🍻

Β 

EDIT:
Apologies... I replied to the notified quoted response before seeing all the other subsequent posts.
I hadn't realised (at the time of posting) that we had drawn a line under it!  🀣

Edited by Mucker1884

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes but not unexpected (I see what you did there. Still want the last word πŸ˜„)

You seem to want the last word TR. This league is full of unexpected results. I for one didn’t see Posh winning at Orient as nailed on, did you? Reading could have got something at Bolton, I am disappointed they didn’t. Think I will leave it there πŸ‘

11 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Where did I say "It could have been worse"?

I agree, it could have been better, but literally everything went to form.Β  That makes it an average day in my book.Β Β 

I guess we just have a different outlook on life/football/DCFC?Β  I don't think that makes either of us wrong.Β 

I've seen today's results.  I'm not jumping for joy admittedly... but I most certainly ain't having a s*** day!  🀣

Β 

Hey... seriously buddy... I appreciate you see today as a s*** day... My bad for calling you out on it... and hand on heart, I truly hopeΒ you fair better tomorrow.Β Β 

Shakira, Shakira.  🍻

Β 

EDIT:
Apologies... I replied to the notified quoted response before seeing all the other subsequent posts.
I hadn't realised (at the time of posting) that we had drawn a line under it!  🀣

I think you are trying to be a bit too clever here and failing Mucker. Why are you bringing my general outlook on life in to a discussion about whether our 3 main rivals all winning constitutes a πŸ’© footballing day? I have had a very positive day, quality day with the family, just become a great uncle again and planning our summer holiday in the South of France. Also got the week off. So a very happy Jimbo Ram. You are entitled to your opinion…..bizarre as it might be, but I will stick to, in footballing terms, and with regards to the 🐏, a disappointing day 🀣

EDIT

Not able to draw a line under it as certain people keep posting a load of nonsense πŸ˜‰

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think you are trying to be a bit too clever here and failing Mucker. Why are you bringing my general outlook on life in to a discussion about whether our 3 main rivals all winning constitutes a πŸ’© footballing day? I have had a very positive day, quality day with the family, just become a great uncle again and planning our summer holiday in the South of France. Also got the week off. So a very happy Jimbo Ram. You are entitled to your opinion…..bizarre as it might be, but I will stick to, in footballing terms, and with regards to the 🐏, a disappointing day 🀣

EDIT

Not able to draw a line under it as certain people keep posting a load of nonsense πŸ˜‰

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952jvob1yg1dsawc3pbx6

Β 

Bolton did well seeing as they're down to the bare bones.Β  If you don't include the current League 1 player of the year who got a hat trick today and cost them almost a million quid of courseΒ  I feel for them, I really do.Β Β 

10 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You seem to want the last word TR. This league is full of unexpected results. I for one didn’t see Posh winning at Orient as nailed on, did you? Reading could have got something at Bolton, I am disappointed they didn’t. Think I will leave it there πŸ‘

Let’s see if you’re true to your word this time. πŸ˜€Β You’ve not noticed that, to an extent, I am playing with you to see if you really can let it go or if you continue to try and get the last word.

You’re the one that first called for us to draw a line under this but you can’t seem to accept it, without chipping in again, even when someone agrees with you that the results were a disappointment but, with the added comment that they weren’t unexpected.

No result is nailed on in this league (as Posh proved against Carlisle) but I expected Posh to beat Orient. Same with Reading. I HOPED they would get something at Bolton but certainly didn’t expect them to.

Edited by Tamworthram

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Let’s see if you’re true to your word this time. πŸ˜€Β You’ve not noticed that, to an extent, I am playing with you to see if you really can let it go or if you continue to try and get the last word.

You’re the one that first called for us to draw a line under this but you can’t seem to accept it, without chipping in again, even when someone agrees with you that the results were a disappointment but, with the added comment that they weren’t unexpected.

No result is nailed on in this league (as Posh proved against Carlisle) but I expected Posh to beat Orient. Same with Reading. I HOPED they would get something at Bolton but certainly didn’t expect them to.

Always have to have the last word πŸ˜‰