Hereford Rams

Ramant62

1 minute ago, Ramant62 said:

Hi all, just wondering if there are any exiled Rams in the Hereford or Herefordshire area who would like to meet up some time. Why not get in touch. Thanks. COYR

Ha. Hereford Bulls surely.  I am an ex-pat Herefordian (Ledbury) but now living on the south coast. I only know of one other Derby fan in the County so I will watch this thread with interest. I know Steve Emery from sporting days, but I am pretty sure even he is an armchair Scouser/Manc.

I will also keep a close eye on this, but not because I am Hereford based (sorry!). It’s more that I’ve often wondered about regional Rams groups, and how to access those easily for people who are “exiled” as you put it.

I wonder if someone like @angieramor another connected to RamsTrust might know if there is a network of regional fan groups?

21 minutes ago, Sussex Ram said:

I will also keep a close eye on this, but not because I am Hereford based (sorry!). It’s more that I’ve often wondered about regional Rams groups, and how to access those easily for people who are “exiled” as you put it.

I wonder if someone like @angieramor another connected to RamsTrust might know if there is a network of regional fan groups?

I’ve often pondered over the idea of setting up something for North West. Watching this thread with interest.

2 hours ago, Sussex Ram said:

The supporters clubs have a few regional ones, they are listed here

http://www.ramsfans.co.uk/Branches.htm

The West Country one is very active, as I think is the London one. 

Aside from that, there are informal groups - @EastAnglianRams  on here and  @Inverurie Ram and his fellow Scottish fans spring to mind. 

And of course the famous Galician Rams! 

My thought is if there's nothing in your area, reach out on here. 

On 09/12/2023 at 23:59, Ramant62 said:

Hi all, just wondering if there are any exiled Rams in the Hereford or Herefordshire area who would like to meet up some time. Why not get in touch. Thanks. COYR

Not Herefordshire, but we do go to the mart there regularly. Are you the Powys side of Hereford? 

I’m surprised there isn’t a West Midlands branch. There was in the 80s, I remember going to The Royal in Sutton Coldfield for a branch event evening with Graham Richards and Colin Gibson.

i can’t remember much else, other than the branch chairman went to prison for fraud. Honestly! Nothing to do with the supporters’ club, I think it was at his work. Maybe that’s why there isn’t a branch any more!

On 10/12/2023 at 11:01, Vimto Enjoyer said:

I’ve often pondered over the idea of setting up something for North West. Watching this thread with interest.

I am based just outside Frodsham in Cheshire if any other Rams want to meet up.  Mostly Liverpool and Man Utd fans around here, so it would be nice to meet up with a fellow Ram

2 hours ago, Kinder said:

I’m surprised there isn’t a West Midlands branch. There was in the 80s, I remember going to The Royal in Sutton Coldfield for a branch event evening with Graham Richards and Colin Gibson.

i can’t remember much else, other than the branch chairman went to prison for fraud. Honestly! Nothing to do with the supporters’ club, I think it was at his work. Maybe that’s why there isn’t a branch any more!

Sutton Coldfield is Villa territory. We took it over a few years ago when one of our lot married a girl from that way on. We did the bounce in Sutton Coldfield town hall much to the amusement of our lad and the embarrassment of his new wife and her Villa supporting family. 🐏

It would be good to meet up and possibly travel up for a match together.  I lost my wife earlier this year, and although not a football fan herself, she still made the odd journey with me to keep me company. For that reasons, I would really like to meet up and have some company when i come up. Travelling alone is not all that its made out to be. I watch and hope. COYR

47 minutes ago, Ramant62 said:

It would be good to meet up and possibly travel up for a match together.  I lost my wife earlier this year, and although not a football fan herself, she still made the odd journey with me to keep me company. For that reasons, I would really like to meet up and have some company when i come up. Travelling alone is not all that its made out to be. I watch and hope. COYR

Sorry to hear that and I hope you find someone to share your love of the Rams.

1 hour ago, Ramant62 said:

Have you ever been in touch with the West Country branch of the Supporters Club?  They run transport to all home games, starting around Cheltenham with various pick up points.  I can put you in touch with one of the guys if interested.

5 hours ago, NottsRam said:

Have you ever been in touch with the West Country branch of the Supporters Club?  They run transport to all home games, starting around Cheltenham with various pick up points.  I can put you in touch with one of the guys if interested.

I havent been in touch, but that would be good if you could put me in touch. Thank you

5 hours ago, Ramant62 said:

I havent been in touch, but that would be good if you could put me in touch. Thank you

Sorry to hear of your loss Ramant. I think this is the group that @NottsRam was referring to. The first link is for the club themselves and the second a Facebook page where you can also connect with members.

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/derbycountywestcountrysupportersclub

https://www.facebook.com/DerbyCountyWestCountryBranch/?locale=ms_MY&paipv=0&eav=AfbT6wr4TSkyn4s2ktSzfMYohPx5nSFsCtY-y7VlyRfUrVe7IrdS06sh1m5HvPmzt8A&_rdr

4 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

I travelled with the west country Rams branch when I lived in Worcester for 10 years. I remember a chap called Justin? I think it was from Cheltenham. Remember the trip to see Derby beat forest. Carbonari. 1-0. Great day out. 

He's still secretary i believe

West country rams run a bus for most home games starting at wychbold near Worcester, Justin Radcliffe is the chairman and suggest you contact him if you are interested. 

Great group of people, with rams from as far away as Cornwall using the bus. Normally stops for a pre match lunch in Shardlow