CB: Tomori

LB: Chilwell

CDM: Rice

CM: Bellingham

CM: Maddison

RW: Saka

ST: Kane

LW: Foden/Rashford

Good old 4-3-3 with one CDM like we used to play with McClaren.

It's a decent side, I do wonder though if Bellingham plays that 5 or 10 yards further forward now, that makes it difficult to play Maddison with him  

1 hour ago, sage said:

It's a decent side, I do wonder though if Bellingham plays that 5 or 10 yards further forward now, that makes it difficult to play Maddison with him  

Bellingham is playing well as a CAM at Real Madrid, but it doesn't mean he can't do the hard yards in a slightly deeper role that allows Maddison to attack.

If we wanted to allow Bellingham to operate in his Real Madrid role, then I'd probably put Trent into his midfield position and use Maddison as an impact sub when needed.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

Explain what? He's a very creative midfield player with a lot of end product who has had an amazing season at Spurs so far. Not sure what is not to see? 

He seems like a lightweight. When things are going poorly, it's like he's notplaying.

We'd lose way more than we'd gain by moving the best midfielder in the world out of position to accommodate Maddison. He's light years behind Bellingham and Foden.

33 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

He seems like a lightweight. When things are going poorly, it's like he's notplaying.

We'd lose way more than we'd gain by moving the best midfielder in the world out of position to accommodate Maddison. He's light years behind Bellingham and Foden.

He presses very well, takes a great set piece and is by far our most creative player. 

Bellingham can comfortably play box to box as his position, he did it for Dortmund in which he was also world class. Light years behind foden? That's just rubbish. He's far more productive. He's been arguably premier league player of the season for spurs. 

16 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He presses very well, takes a great set piece and is by far our most creative player. 

Bellingham can comfortably play box to box as his position, he did it for Dortmund in which he was also world class. Light years behind foden? That's just rubbish. He's far more productive. He's been arguably premier league player of the season for spurs. 

I only asked. There's no need to be like that. How do you measure 'far more productive'?

51 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I prefer Bellingham in midfield rather than the advanced midfield role, he’s an absolute beast and can get up and down no problem he’s like Gerrard but more skilful. If we play Bellingham in centre midfield I think it makes us more of an attacking team because if Southgate played him in the advanced role he’d more than likely have Henderson or Phillips with Rice, we’ve got that much attacking talent we don’t need 2 defensive midfielders. I’ve put Madison in advanced midfield role and Foden wide but I’d be fine with Foden playing advanced midfield. I think Madison is the better passer of the 2 but Foden is better at running at defenders he can also pick a pass. Unfortunately we haven’t got 2 Jude Bellingham’s as I think he’s currently the best player in the world in 2 positions, centre midfield and attacking midfield 

16 hours ago, sage said:

Lots of criticism of Southgate's selections.

What would everyone's first choice XI be for England, presuming everyone is fit but taking account of current playing time for clubs. 

Pickford, Walker, Stones, Dunk, Trippier, Rice, Bellingham, Maddison, Foden, Kane, Saka

The defence for me would be the same as for most, though I might have Reece James in there, assuming he can be kept healthy.

In midfield, the only conundrum is who plays alongside the incumbents? Bellingham is first name of the page and Rice isn't far behind, so I'd look at Ward-Prowse and Maddison as players in good form currently for the final slot.

Upfront, Kane and Saka would have to start for me, though it's harder to complete the trio. Rashford frustrates me as his form is so patchy, but when he's on it, he's unplayable. Foden would be next in as things stand, though in fairness, Gordon may have usurped him in the pecking order by the end of the season. He looks on to be on a Bellingham-like arc and is very exciting.

My right-here-right-now 11 would be:

GK: Pope
RB: James
CB: Stones
CB: Guehi
CM: Ward-Prowse
CM: Rice
AM: Bellingham
LW: Rashford
CF: Kane

Thanks Comrade for formatting. Just a couple of changes for me. I’d love to see Palmer’s exuberance. I think he shows great talent and Bellingham has demonstrated that if you’re good enough, you’re old enough. The pace in this team would be exciting.

GK: Pope
RB: James
CB: Stones
CB: Guehi
CM: Palmer
CM: Rice
AM: Bellingham
LW: Foden
CF: Kane